[Modpack] Sea [0.4.2] [sea]

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 15:15

Enke wrote:I like this modpack, as it makes the ocean interesting. A suggestion: would it be possible to spawn wrecked boats underwater and have them contain chests in the wreckage?

I like this idea. Still, I kind of think adding shipwrecks to oceans the same way I think of adding ruins to the land: It is cool but you might not want that in all scenarios where you want to add the other sea features. I think it might be a good idea to make it configurable. Now that being said, the idea does raise some interesting material possibilities:
  • Ship's wheel.
  • Weathered wood. Some folks really like the look of wood that's been submerged for a prolonged period of time.
  • Anchor.
  • Portal.
  • Hatchways. Pop it out like a door on land. I can see using it in a castaway treehouse or something similar.

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Sun Nov 17, 2013 17:32

Thanks for the support for my idea. I know MirceaKitsune worked on generating buildings. You may want to check his/her stuff. I'm actually in a little bit of shock because I don't often have good ideas.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

metouto

by metouto » Sun Nov 17, 2013 22:34

Topywo ... can you dig the clams up ????
Last edited by metouto on Mon Nov 18, 2013 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Topywo

by Topywo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41

metouto wrote:Topywo ... can you dig the clams up ????

No, maybe I'll make them collectable in the future (idea of Sokomine). For now you'll need to hit them and they end up crushed.

However, if you take the sand/dirtalgae (used) nodes from below them, you can put it anywhere else (with at least 2 waterblocks above it). First it will turn from used to 'new' and second, in time, there will appear a new clam on top of it.

metouto

by metouto » Mon Nov 18, 2013 15:34

Thanks for the answer Topywo ... if you did make them collectible then we could cook them in the furnace as a source of food anyway thanks for the quick answer :o)
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Topywo

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.0] [sea]

by Topywo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 23:45

Version 0.4.0 is out.

Post 1 contains the download link(s) and info.

Most important changes are:
- there is now a use for crushed white (shells), some different types of blocks
- stairs and slabs
- lights can be punched on and off

I hope you enjoy this mod.

Edit:

Sokomine, With these lines around number 228 (above: colormachine.ordered = {} ) the blocks can make use of your colormachine:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
--   sea-modpack
   seaglass_seaglass_            ={nr=43, modname='seaglass', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=0, descr="seagls", block="seaglass:seaglass", add="seaglass_", p=1},
   seacobble_seacobble_         ={nr=44, modname='seacobble', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=1, descr="seacob", block="seacobble:seacobble", add="seacobble_", p=1},
   seastone_seastone_            ={nr=45, modname='seastone', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=1, descr="seasto", block="seastone:seastone", add="seastone_", p=1},
   seagravel_seagravel_            ={nr=46, modname='seagravel', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=1, descr="seagrv", block="seagravel:seagravel", add="seagravel_", p=1},

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Mon Apr 21, 2014 05:18

Topywo wrote:Version 0.4.0 is out.

Post 1 contains the download link(s) and info.

Most important changes are:
- there is now a use for crushed white (shells), some different types of blocks
- stairs and slabs
- lights can be punched on and off

I hope you enjoy this mod.

Edit:

Sokomine, With these lines around number 228 (above: colormachine.ordered = {} ) the blocks can make use of your colormachine:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
--   sea-modpack
   seaglass_seaglass_            ={nr=43, modname='seaglass', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=0, descr="seagls", block="seaglass:seaglass", add="seaglass_", p=1},
   seacobble_seacobble_         ={nr=44, modname='seacobble', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=1, descr="seacob", block="seacobble:seacobble", add="seacobble_", p=1},
   seastone_seastone_            ={nr=45, modname='seastone', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=1, descr="seasto", block="seastone:seastone", add="seastone_", p=1},
   seagravel_seagravel_            ={nr=46, modname='seagravel', shades={0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0}, grey_shades={1,0,0,0,1}, u=1, descr="seagrv", block="seagravel:seagravel", add="seagravel_", p=1},

If only there was a server out there that would use this mod.

philipbenr

GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Thu Apr 24, 2014 23:18

Topywo wrote:I hope you enjoy this mod.

I do. First time I downloaded, and yes, I most definitely do.

Topywo

by Topywo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 08:15

Inocudom, philipbenr, thanks for your comments!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 02:20

Topywo wrote:Sokomine, With these lines around number 228 (above: colormachine.ordered = {} ) the blocks can make use of your colormachine:

You forgot your seastonebricks :-) I've added them as well. The new version of the colormachine will support this version of the sea modpack.
Seems quite a lot of blocks got added since I last checked. It's time to start a new singleplayer world I guess :-)

Topywo

by Topywo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48

Sokomine wrote:
Topywo wrote:Sokomine, With these lines around number 228 (above: colormachine.ordered = {} ) the blocks can make use of your colormachine:

You forgot your seastonebricks :-) I've added them as well. The new version of the colormachine will support this version of the sea modpack.
Seems quite a lot of blocks got added since I last checked. It's time to start a new singleplayer world I guess :-)

Thanks Sokomine!

Not adding the seastonebricks is on purpose. I also didn't make alternate crafting recipes for the seastonebricks, like for the cobble and gravel. At that time it seemed a lot of extra code.

However I've been in doubt for it for a while, now again, so I might make those recipes. In the meanwhile, what do you think about a p of 1/4 or 0.25 for the seastonebrick? Since in the previous stone/cobble there have been 4 dyes used, instead of 1?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Mon Jun 30, 2014 04:41

What have you been doing with this mod lately?

Topywo

by Topywo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 13:56

Inocudom wrote:What have you been doing with this mod lately?

Inocudom, last update in April I added quite some blocks with stair and slabs to make it more complete. I think for a next update I need to learn more about map generation and ABM's. Luckily there are some very good mods to learn it from.

At the moment I've not that much time. And when I've some spare time, I'm enjoying the Xanadu server with it's beautiful biomes.

I might also start something else before continuing this modpack.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Aug 10, 2014 21:46

Just so you know, HybridDog pushed this modpack to GitHub recently:
https://github.com/HybridDog/sea
This can allow for others to make commits to it.

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Fri Aug 15, 2014 04:36

This mod appears to be broken in the most recent version of minetest. The coral and seaweed now displace water. Also, the clams aren't appearing. Is anybody working on these bugs?

Topywo

by Topywo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:40

DanteLives wrote:This mod appears to be broken in the most recent version of minetest. The coral and seaweed now displace water. Also, the clams aren't appearing. Is anybody working on these bugs?

Thanks for reporting the bug!

Installed the latest minetest.dev.
- clams appear in time (look for the sand and dirt with algae on it)
- coral and seaweed displace water. I'm not sure if I understand it correctly. Coral and seaweed are supposed to appear on sand and dirt in the water. The water around it is changed to remove the cube that normally appears around a node. At -1 and 0 it doesn't look good. That's not nice, but normal. It's the opposite from normal water and for example papyrus in it that does look strange.

What's annoying but interesting at this moment, is that seacoral's ABM's don't work anymore, while those in seaplants do work. Seacoral is loaded (checked) and all the nodes are known. A small test placing torches on sand showed me that inside seacoral that ABM didn't work and in a seperate mod it did work. So I've some food for thought :-)

Topywo

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.1] [sea]

by Topywo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:12

Coral not appearing fixed. In the 1st post there are 3 links to the latest 0.4.1 version.

The ABM's not working inside seacoral were caused by some code that allows crafting coral into dye only when not using Sokomine's colormachine. I probably ended the code reading with a return, before the ABM's started.

Minetestforfun

GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 21:21

i've add your mod to my minetest server (0.4.10), it's very good !

i've also see a bug : coral and seaweed displace water (the same as you report)

Topywo

by Topywo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 08:35

Minetestforfun wrote:i've add your mod to my minetest server (0.4.10), it's very good !

i've also see a bug : coral and seaweed displace water (the same as you report)

Thanks!

I'm still unsure I understand the word 'displace', though I looked it up. Can you be more precise? What is happening that turns out making it look like a bug?
- Is it perhaps that a coral/seaweed node occupies a place that used to be water? I tried to make movement through it as 'waterlike' possible. But because it's a plantlike node and not a liquidtype node you don't 'sink' when in it (though you can move downwards).
- or does it displace (replace?) water somewhere else?

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Fri Aug 29, 2014 19:52

the coral node creates an air node, and we can breathe in...
it's when i dig a coral node and i replace then

when a coral spawn naturally, they haven't this problem

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Sep 09, 2014 04:45

Support for the sea modpack has been updated in my colormachine mod.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Topywo

by Topywo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29

@Sokomine; Thanks!

@Minetestforfun;
- When you dig a coral or seaweed, the empty space will be filled with water
- Naturally spawn coral and seaweed won't occupy spaces from y = -2 and higher

- When manually placed in water at -1 or -2, coral and seaweed will turn the water around it in waterx, I created waterx to remove the airblocks around plantlike nodes under water. That water indeed looks like air, but isn't. When removing the 'placed' node again, the water stays waterx and will leave visual holes.
--- As long as the node is not removed, there's not much I can do to fill up the holes for a better visual result. It will be either that or I must keep all the nodes at -2 an -1 surrounded by an airblock.
--- If the node is removed again, I can relatively easy make the holes fill again with normal water.
--- I could also prohibit placement of sea-nodes at -2 and -1 or turn them, while placing, into 'land'-nodes. At this moment this is the most likely 'solution' I would choose.

Summary:
- Present Sea modpack: Everything under water looks good, but it's a mess just beneath the surface (-2,-1), when looking from the landside. A small prevention is that 'naturally' spawn coral and seaweed don't reach that zone.
- Possible future Sea modpack: Everything under water looks good except the highest 2 blocks (-1, -2). Those have an airblock, seen from under water. From above the water it looks more or less okay, just like papyrus that grows at -1.

Topywo

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.2] [sea]

by Topywo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 09:31

Small update from 0.4.1 to 0.4.2.

When there's no 'sea' node nearby, the water will turn back into normal water. So if someone plants seaweed or coral at -1 or -2 level and later removes it, the hole will be refilled with the standard (visible) water.

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Sun Nov 23, 2014 00:47

I'm still having trouble with this mod and the most recent version of Minetest. The underwater plants always appear with air surrounding them inside the node box instead of water. Under previous versions of Minetest the plants appear in water without air surrounding them.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 09:10

DanteLives wrote:I'm still having trouble with this mod and the most recent version of Minetest. The underwater plants always appear with air surrounding them inside the node box instead of water. Under previous versions of Minetest the plants appear in water without air surrounding them.

Can you check in the configuration screen if the folder "noairblocks" (part of the sea-modpack) is enabled? This folder in combination with 'sea' in the group of the nodes should get rid of the 'air-bubbles'.

If you enable it, go to play and you still got the air-bubbles, can you check afterwards if the "noairblocks" folder is still enabled?

If this didn't work/gave information can you perhaps make a screenshot of this problem (to be sure we have the same thing in mind). You can put it here or pm it to me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Sun Nov 23, 2014 14:38

i've the same problem with the latest minetest version :
+ Spoiler

Before the update of the server, i haven't the air node problem with sea mod...

world.mt :
load_mod_noairblocks = true
load_mod_seacobble = true
load_mod_seacoral = true
load_mod_seaglass = true
load_mod_seagravel = true
load_mod_sealamps = true
load_mod_seaplants = true
load_mod_seastone = true
load_mod_seastonebrick = true
load_mod_seawrecks = true

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 15:59

@minetestforfun
I see, thanks a lot!

I'll make a latest build of minetest to solve this problem.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 18:04

@DanteLives and Minetestforfun

Are you playing with the opaque water option checked? For me it doesn't give exactly the screenshot, but almost.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Sun Nov 23, 2014 21:54

@Topywo
Yes, "opaque water" is checked, without this option, it works great ! it was simple =)

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 21:59

@Minetestforfun

I'm glad you're happy with that solution :-) I don't think it's possible to have both opaque checked and noairblocks working.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases