Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.3] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Mon May 04, 2015 18:34

Mod Updated: Version 0.4.4

Extruded shields by ExeterDad
Texture optimizations by Calinou
Armor drop bugfixes and enhancements by Pilcrow182
Support for wardroble mod and inventory_enhanced by indriApollo
Add ethereal crystal armor and fire protection by TenPlus1
Add technic armor by poet.nohit (requires technic mod for craft registration)

Please let me know if you find any problems.

poet.nohit

GitHub: poet-nohit

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.4] [minetest-3d_armor]

by poet.nohit » Mon May 04, 2015 21:11

Okay, I just added shields.

stu

GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Wed May 06, 2015 20:08

poet.nohit wrote:Okay, I just added shields.

Added, thank you once again.

Also, in true minetest spirit, I've added a bunch of bugfixes right after a version update :p

poet.nohit

GitHub: poet-nohit

by poet.nohit » Thu May 07, 2015 19:08

Sweet!

Adimgar

GitHub: Adimgar
IRC: Adimgar

by Adimgar » Thu May 14, 2015 04:26

Hi stu.

Awesome this mode, I love it, but I was getting this error lately:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...e/adimgar/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:249: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'dtime' (a nil value)

I noticed it happened when a character gets close to a torch, appearently it detects it as a fire damaging node. I started to play with that piece of code, avoiding to get to the formula if dtime is nil, so i added this little code and stopped the crashes:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
if row[1] == node_head or row[1] == node_feet then
   if hp > 0 and armor.def[name].fire < row[2] then

-- added to avoid crash near torches
      if dtime == nil then
         return
      end

hp = hp - row[3] * dtime
      player:set_hp(hp)
      break
   end
end

I don't know if it's the correct way to solve it but it did stopped the crashes.

Hope this helps you if it happens to be a bug.
Let it be

Minetestforfun

GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Fri May 15, 2015 08:42

Hi stu,

First, thank you for your work and your last update :)

What about wizard armors, like hat and dresse model ?
Do you think it's possible ? If yes, can you explain please, because if i can do it myself, i will try :)

also, if someone have a similar models/textures in his "unfinished/secret box", don't hesitate to share it :)

(PS : thanks to Napiophelios for his beautiful skin texture, i adapted it and added it here https://github.com/Ombridride/minetest- ... r/3d_armor)

stu

by stu » Fri May 15, 2015 17:45

Adimgar wrote:Hi stu.

Awesome this mode, I love it, but I was getting this error lately:

ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...e/adimgar/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:249: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'dtime' (a nil value)

Weird, that function is only ever called from one place and dtime cannot possibly be nil. I can only guess that some other mod is calling that function (though I can't imagine why) without the new dtime parameter. Your fix should be fine though it's probably best to not just return from the function but instead only do the fire damage if dtime is valid.

I have just pushed a commit to this effect, thank you for reporting the error.

Minetestforfun wrote:Hi stu,

First, thank you for your work and your last update :)

What about wizard armors, like hat and dresse model ?
Do you think it's possible ? If yes, can you explain please, because if i can do it myself, i will try :)
)

Like I said, things like wizard hats and dresses would require changes to the model and is not something that can be easily added on at the moment. I am not even sure how I could do those in a voxely enough way in any case, sorry.

I would suggest that you try and make do with the current model and use imaginative skinning like the leather armor by Napiophelios. Adding custom armor types is relatively straightforward.

fooljap

In-game: fooljap

by fooljap » Fri Jun 05, 2015 06:58

I always used this wonderful MOD, but have terminated in the error.

15:42:39: ACTION[ServerThread]: Player XXX punched by LuaEntitySAO at (-678.597,1.25913,-277.538), damage 3 HP
15:42:41: ACTION[ServerThread]: Moving XXX to static spawnpoint at (-668,4,-274)
15:42:41: ACTION[ServerThread]: XXX respawns at (-668,4,-274)
15:43:44: ACTION[ServerThread]: XXX times out. List of players: fooljap
15:43:56: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...ame\minetest0412\bin\..\mods\3d_armor\3d_armor/armor.lua:246: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'dtime' (a nil value)
15:43:56: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:43:56: ERROR[main]:    ...ame\minetest0412\bin\..\mods\3d_armor\3d_armor/armor.lua:246: in function 'armor_org_func'
15:43:56: ERROR[main]:    C:\game\minetest0412\bin\..\mods\hud_hunger\hud/legacy.lua:26: in function 'update_armor'
15:43:56: ERROR[main]:    ...ame\minetest0412\bin\..\mods\3d_armor\3d_armor/armor.lua:594: in function <...ame\minetest0412\bin\..\mods\3d_armor\3d_armor/armor.lua:590>
15:43:56: ERROR[main]:    C:\game\minetest0412\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:341: in function <C:\game\minetest0412\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:329>

stu

by stu » Fri Jun 05, 2015 16:30

fooljap wrote:I always used this wonderful MOD, but have terminated in the error.

Please update to the latest git version, this error was recently fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4654&p=180908#p178581

BTW does anyone happen to know which other mod it is calling the update_armor function?
It seems a bit pointless since it's updated every second (default) anyway, perhaps they ought to be calling set_player_armor which will update the armor's appearance.

Edit: looks like the answer might be in the traceback, hud_hunger. maybe there is a valid reason to call it then?

Ikishida

by Ikishida » Sat Jun 13, 2015 06:45

stu,might I ask,how can I add custom armors? I need it for a mod I'm making,I'll give credits when it's done,answer if you have time,thanks in advance!

Soudon

In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 05:44

Ok so I prefer to take multiple texture packs and mash them together to make one I like. Anyway it has been simple so far by taking some minecraft textures renaming them to the name minetest gives them and thats it. Now with 3d armors I tried that method but no luck and I noticed MC has a picture of the armor, while minetest 3d armors are made differently not just one big image of it. Does anyone have an idea on how I could for example use bdcraft armor textures instead of the default armor textures 3d armor gives you.

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Tue Jun 16, 2015 13:30

If you were to visualize all the 3D Armor textures as "layers" like you would see in Gimp or Photoshop. And if you put all those "layers" on top of each other you will see that they form one neat image with none of the armor pieces overlapping.
So whatever armor textures you are trying to convert will need to be broken apart and separated into individual images. The visible part of the armor piece needs to be shifted to be directly over the original 3D Armor item texture. It's likely the texture will need editing so it fits properly on the mesh faces.

Hope that helps, or even is related to your question :)
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

Diamond knight

In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

by Diamond knight » Tue Jun 16, 2015 19:49

copy and paste an existing armor and edit it to what u want
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901

Soudon

In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 15:47

ExeterDad wrote:If you were to visualize all the 3D Armor textures as "layers" like you would see in Gimp or Photoshop. And if you put all those "layers" on top of each other you will see that they form one neat image with none of the armor pieces overlapping.
So whatever armor textures you are trying to convert will need to be broken apart and separated into individual images. The visible part of the armor piece needs to be shifted to be directly over the original 3D Armor item texture. It's likely the texture will need editing so it fits properly on the mesh faces.

Hope that helps, or even is related to your question :)

That does help, I am terrible with gimp or photoshop so doing what you say isn't going to happen for me so I'll just leave it be for now. But thanks that did answer my question.

stu

by stu » Wed Jun 17, 2015 17:16

Soudon wrote:Does anyone have an idea on how I could for example use bdcraft armor textures instead of the default armor textures 3d armor gives you.

There is always this http://bdcraft.net/community/tbdc-patches-rel/armor-t204.html but unfortunately it's a little bit out of date. For example, there are no boots and it only supports a limited number of armor materials. Other than that, it should still work, I think...

Edit: Actually it won't, the shields have changed too so this would also require some editing, sorry.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Fri Jun 19, 2015 19:59

Small z-fighting glitch in the "boots" in your 3d armor model:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa ... 2%20PM.png
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

stu

by stu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 17:46

VanessaE wrote:Small z-fighting glitch in the "boots" in your 3d armor model:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa ... 2%20PM.png

Yeah, I have noticed that before but it's way less obvious on my crummy monitor :/
I'm not really sure what I can do about it without making one boot bigger than the other, which i think would look worse. Perhaps rotating the front faces by an imperceptible amount would work..I'll give it a try sometime.

In the meantime, any other suggestions are welcome.

Diamond knight

by Diamond knight » Wed Jun 24, 2015 18:52

maybe nyancat armor, nyancat rainbow armor, mese armor, cobblestone armor, stone armor (smelt cobblestone armor), copper armor, brick armor, wet clay armor, hardened clay armor (smelt wet clay armor), brick armor (smelt hardened clay armor, obsisian armor (less lava damage, no fire damage, low uses, low protection (obsidian is brittle))

stu

by stu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 19:14

Diamond knight wrote:maybe nyancat armor, nyancat rainbow armor, mese armor, cobblestone armor, stone armor (smelt cobblestone armor), copper armor, brick armor, wet clay armor, hardened clay armor (smelt wet clay armor), brick armor (smelt hardened clay armor, obsisian armor (less lava damage, no fire damage, low uses, low protection (obsidian is brittle))

Sorry but I think I am done with adding more armor materials to the core mod. Your suggestions, however, might make for a great morearmor mod that would depend on 3darmor ;-)
The way armor registration works makes it easy for other mods to register their own armor, see the technic_armor mod (included in the modpack) for example.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun Jun 28, 2015 09:32

Unified Inventory now has a "lite" mode, and 3d armor needs some minor adjustments to work properly there. https://github.com/minetest-technic/uni ... 8d827ab610

Basically, you just need to check if that mode is enabled, and move your formspec elements up and maybe shrink the player model preview a bit; some of the mode-specific table entries in unified_inventory/init.lua may be of use.

stu

by stu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 18:29

VanessaE wrote:Unified Inventory now has a "lite" mode, and 3d armor needs some minor adjustments to work properly there. https://github.com/minetest-technic/uni ... 8d827ab610

Basically, you just need to check if that mode is enabled, and move your formspec elements up and maybe shrink the player model preview a bit; some of the mode-specific table entries in unified_inventory/init.lua may be of use.

Ok, I have just updated the master branch, thanks for letting me know.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Wed Jul 01, 2015 20:20

Looks good to me :-)

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 06:36

How to change health or add parameter "armor" to all players without visual armor, or how to hide visual armor in this mod?

stu

by stu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 16:50

amadin wrote:How to change health or add parameter "armor" to all players without visual armor, or how to hide visual armor in this mod?

There is no config setting for armor visibility but someone did suggest invisible armor once before so I guess there must be a demand for it. I may add such an option in the future.

If you are happy to edit the code then a 'quick and dirty' fix for now would be to simply out-comment the line: self.textures[name].armor in the fuction: armor.update_player_visuals (armor.lua)

If you are not using the wieldview mod then you can go further and out-comment all of the update_player_visuals function and also the line: default.player_set_model(player, "3d_armor_character.b3d") in minetest.register_on_joinplayer (armor.lua)

There was another armor mod once that wasn't visible but I have no idea if it's still available or whether it would work with the current version of minetest.

Edit: Actually, what I wrote earlier was incorrect, you would need to replace self.textures[name].armor with "3d_armor_trans.png" instead of out-commenting if you are using the wieldview mod

\o/ 500 posts

Samson1

IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

by Samson1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 17:34

Good job!
How do you get Admin armor?
MT name: Samson1

MC name: MoJo4000

Diamond knight

by Diamond knight » Tue Jul 14, 2015 21:00

/giveme 3d_armor:(armor piece you want)_admin

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 15:26

Tested out latest version which works well, slight bug when using fire protection though, it seems that even when enabled it doesn't work and player will get hurt even when wearing full crystal armor... I removed the minetest.after(2, function() when overriding the lava and fire nodes and it seemed to work fine again ?!?! strange

stu

by stu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 17:53

TenPlus1 wrote:Tested out latest version which works well, slight bug when using fire protection though, it seems that even when enabled it doesn't work and player will get hurt even when wearing full crystal armor... I removed the minetest.after(2, function() when overriding the lava and fire nodes and it seemed to work fine again ?!?! strange

It took me a few restarts to reproduce this but I can confirm it, perhaps the overrides must be done at start-up?
Along with removing the minetest.after block, it is probably also a good idea to soft-depend on the relevant fire-node supplying mods (fire, ethereal and bakedclay) to ensure that they are loaded first.

PS: Does this make any difference to your recent pull-request? (see my comments on github)

kidmondo

IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 01:29

How do you put the "fire" and heal" on?

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 07:28

kidmondo: having Ethereal mod active should automatically enable crystal armor and fire protection within 3d_armor... Please note that once enabled torches will hurt being fire...

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases