[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.8] [minetest-3d_armor]

dawgdoc

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.7] [minetest-3d_armor]

by dawgdoc » Fri Mar 03, 2017 09:53

jakab wrote:i have a problem with this mod. the datas and the armor is on me,so it is working. in the second join, there is no inventory slots where i can put the armor! i tried a fiew thing: inentory plus, mod on/off and stuff like theese. im not lua master so please look around for me :)

This was happening to me also. I solved the issue by using fix put out by TenPlus1 This carries you to the post by TenPlus1 in the Inventory Plus thread that links to TP1's github.

stu

GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 18:09

dawgdoc wrote:
jakab wrote:i have a problem with this mod. the datas and the armor is on me,so it is working. in the second join, there is no inventory slots where i can put the armor! i tried a fiew thing: inentory plus, mod on/off and stuff like theese. im not lua master so please look around for me :)

This was happening to me also. I solved the issue by using fix put out by TenPlus1 This carries you to the post by TenPlus1 in the Inventory Plus thread that links to TP1's github.

Thank you for sharing this information, I would have otherwise assumed that jakab was using the wrong version.

@jakab, it is important that you use a recent copy of TenPlus1's fork of the inventory plus mod. I have also just updated the the IP formspec style to be more consistent with current MTG so you might also want to update your copy of this mod.

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Fri Mar 03, 2017 19:02

Any chance of introducing an API for managing player armor values? Either as part of your modpack, or as a separate mod (so that people do not have to depend on armor).

I am thinking of something like armor_monoid but anything with similar behavior would be welcome.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

stu

by stu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 19:37

Byakuren wrote:Any chance of introducing an API for managing player armor values? Either as part of your modpack, or as a separate mod (so that people do not have to depend on armor).

I am thinking of something like armor_monoid but anything with similar behavior would be welcome.

Indeed, that is planned but I am a bit short on time lately. I did improve matters some in the 0.5.0-dev branch but that is now outdated so I will probably just end up cherry-picking from it. Your issues are still open and I promise I will get round to improving the api eventually, though you are always welcome to make a PR ;-)

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Fri Mar 03, 2017 19:45

stu wrote:
Byakuren wrote:Any chance of introducing an API for managing player armor values? Either as part of your modpack, or as a separate mod (so that people do not have to depend on armor).

Indeed, that is planned but I am a bit short on time lately. I did improve matters some in the 0.5.0-dev branch but that is now outdated so I will probably just end up cherry-picking from it. Your issues are still open and I promise I will get round to improving the api eventually, though you are always welcome to make a PR ;-)

Oh, I had forgotten that I had opened issues on Github, sorry.

EDIT: I read my issues and this is a different request from the ones I've posted. I'll open a new issue when I have time.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

stu

by stu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 20:34

Byakuren wrote:
stu wrote:

Oh, I had forgotten that I had opened issues on Github, sorry.

EDIT: I read my issues and this is a different request from the ones I've posted. I'll open a new issue when I have time.

Oh, the monoid thing? I must confess to only having a very vague understanding but I will take the time out to read up on the subject.

jakab

In-game: jakab

by jakab » Mon Mar 06, 2017 08:31

stu wrote:
dawgdoc wrote:

Thank you for sharing this information, I would have otherwise assumed that jakab was using the wrong version.

@jakab, it is important that you use a recent copy of TenPlus1's fork of the inventory plus mod. I have also just updated the the IP formspec style to be more consistent with current MTG so you might also want to update your copy of this mod.

yes i am using an old wersion, becoulse the new isnt working so well with animplus (mooving head: hands to the sky ! weeee :D ) or did you mean : minetet 0.4.15 is wrong ? but thanks all of you :) ill try this inventory plus or something first

--later--

stu

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.8] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 22:17

Version Update: 0.4.8

• Improve skin mod preview image support
  • Add preview generator and update preview textures
  • Fix security violation with player_textures support
  • Add support for player_monoids
  • Make formspecs more consitent with MTG
  • Armor stand bug-fixes and enhancements
  • Improved bones mod support
  • Add support for sfinv by @rubenwardy
  • Add new torch 'fire' nodes by @tenplus1
  • Add new armor textures by @daviddoesminetest
  • Add smart_inventory support by @bell07
  • New armor stand UV mapping by @tobyplowy

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 05:53

Ohhhh! These new armor textures look great! And I'm glad that this mod is compatible with Minetest Game again.

It is safe to say this mod is easily one of the most important mods in the Minetest community. It's very good that it is structured as a modpack which makes it very easy to rip out unwanted features, this makes life a much easier for subgame authors. It's extremely versatile. Good job for making it this way.

One question, however: Why was cactus armor added? Just for the lulz or does it have an actual gameplay reason? It looks pretty cool for sure but I don't know whay it exists. What is even more strange is that it apparently has identical protection as wood armor. I intuitively expected cactus armor to be slightly stronger because cactus is rarer and a bit harder to obtain than wood. I guess I was wrong.

And one small suggestion: I would hide the display of fire protection and/or radiation protection in the GUI if no armor with fire/radiation protection exists in the entire game. These labels should only be displayed if there is at least one such special armor present in the game. It is irritating if the GUI has labels for features which don't exist in the game.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Diamond knight

In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

by Diamond knight » Mon Mar 13, 2017 20:43

Suggestion: wood armor should give negative fire protection
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901

stu

by stu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 18:02

Wuzzy wrote:One question, however: Why was cactus armor added? Just for the lulz or does it have an actual gameplay reason? It looks pretty cool for sure but I don't know whay it exists. What is even more strange is that it apparently has identical protection as wood armor. I intuitively expected cactus armor to be slightly stronger because cactus is rarer and a bit harder to obtain than wood. I guess I was wrong..

Cactus armor was added by @crazyginger72 along with admin armor #14. I can't say if there are any specific gameplay reasons but iirc it is more durable than wood armor. I merged it because I thought, why not. It's no more ridiculous than gold or diamond

Wuzzy wrote:And one small suggestion: I would hide the display of fire protection and/or radiation protection in the GUI if no armor with fire/radiation protection exists in the entire game. These labels should only be displayed if there is at least one such special armor present in the game. It is irritating if the GUI has labels for features which don't exist in the game.

I agree, there is still more work to do on the formspecs, that information should only be shown when those features are enabled and required mods present.

Thank you for your kind remarks and encouragement, there is still much room for improvement but I will get there eventually :)

Diamond knight wrote:Suggestion: wood armor should give negative fire protection

That's an interesting suggestion, though I'm not sure how possible that is with the current api. I guess it should be otherwise. Another idea might be for it to burn and take damage in fire?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 18:42

I disagree with negative fire protection for wood. Wood is already pretty weak, the player should not be punished for using the lowest tier of armor.

And stu: Cactus armor and wood armor have the identical protection. I just checked it for each piece of armor individually. Even the shields are equal. Wood shield equals cactus shield. And enhanced cactus shield equals enhanced wood shield.
So the cactus armor is really just wood armor with a different crafting recipe and skin. I suggest to make cactus armor slightly stronger than wood (but still weaker than steel) because cacti are relatively rare compared to trees.

stu

by stu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 18:47

Wuzzy wrote:Cactus armor and wood armor have the identical protection. I just checked it for each piece of armor individually. Even the shields are equal. Wood shield equals cactus shield. And enhanced cactus shield equals enhanced wood shield.
So the cactus armor is really just wood armor with a different crafting recipe and skin. I suggest to make cactus armor slightly stronger than wood (but still weaker than steel) because cacti are relatively rare compared to trees.

They do offer the same protection, however, cactus armor currently lasts twice as long as wood armor. If the cactus armor is to offer increased protection then I feel the durability would need to be reduced.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 18:52

Ah, increased durability is also OK. I think your mod can stay that way.
I thought both armors had identical properties.

stu

by stu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 22:58

I am not so sure, it might be better if the cactus armor had increased protection but much less durability. That would make more sense to me. Like I say, I did not add the cactus armor myself and those that use it know it for what it is so therefore I am reluctant to change things that aren't obviously broken.

Diamond knight

In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

by Diamond knight » Thu Mar 16, 2017 18:45

Wuzzy wrote:I disagree with negative fire protection for wood. Wood is already pretty weak, the player should not be punished for using the lowest tier of armor.

And stu: Cactus armor and wood armor have the identical protection. I just checked it for each piece of armor individually. Even the shields are equal. Wood shield equals cactus shield. And enhanced cactus shield equals enhanced wood shield.

Wood should logically have weakness to fire, wood blocks burn so it's armor should too (seh-deh-deh-oo-ee).
I suggest shields have a higher heal rate (they are just another armor peice right now, sheilds need a "block chance")
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901

fireglow

IRC: fireglow
In-game: fireglow

by fireglow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 23:58

Server crash on player taking daming (in this case falldmg),
I'm at git commit 27a3823eedf619916bfd5cc813fb6190b40a8529
Commit: stujones11 <stujones111@gmail.com>
CommitDate: Wed Mar 22 19:00:48 2017 +0000

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'builtin_item' in callback on_player_hpchange(): /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/3d_armor/3d_armor/api.lua:293: attempt to call method 'get_player_name' (a nil value)
 stack traceback:
       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/3d_armor/3d_armor/api.lua:293: in function 'set_inventory_stack'
       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:267: in function 'func'
       ...ervers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:503: in function <...ervers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:499>

stu

by stu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 01:05

Hopefully 86fd6b0 should fix this, otherwise, please let know. Thank you for the report.

fireglow

by fireglow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:53

Thanks stu, that fixed the crash. Works again flawlessly.

fireglow

by fireglow » Mon Mar 27, 2017 09:58

Updated to fe9664589a834dfa9a79d6b20d8f9a6facc52bbe (Fix potential missing texture bug) and players could not move anymore.
Checked out 86fd6b0d7d5120c51c6fbb3b36ee0620f4956432 (Fix crash caused by 27a3823) and it worked again.
Server is 0.4.15-dev-525d2a0.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Mon Mar 27, 2017 13:00

For some reason, armor doesn't "work" for me anymore. That is, the mod runs and I can put on/take off the armor, but it doesn't protect from anything.

EDIT: I can reproduce fireglow's can't-move problem with recent commits, also.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

stu

by stu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 17:57

VanessaE wrote:For some reason, armor doesn't "work" for me anymore. That is, the mod runs and I can put on/take off the armor, but it doesn't protect from anything.

EDIT: I can reproduce fireglow's can't-move problem with recent commits, also.

Looks there must be a problem with the non-fleshy damage group support, though it appeared to be working for me I maybe did not test enough without the player/armor monoid mods. The can't move problem is likely caused by incorrect physics overrides. The bug is probably something simple, however, I will not be able to do much until Wednesday unless someone else makes a PR I can merge from my mobile. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for reporting.

stu

by stu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 17:51

The 'can't move' bug should now be fixed and the displayed player levels should now be updating correctly. Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience. Please note that I have been making a lot of changes recently to improve the api and close some age-old issues. If you are concerned about stability you may be better off sticking with the current release version-0.4.8, however, I do appreciate the feedback from those tracking master.

@VanessaE As far as I can tell, the armor seems to be 'working' for me in pvp at at least. Note that it will only work with mods/mobs that use the `player:punch()` method to do damage. Mods that don't play fair and set player HP levels directly (like TNT) cannot be protected against by armor groups and is why I added the 'healing' properties ;-)

fireglow

by fireglow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 19:41

stu wrote:The 'can't move' bug should now be fixed and the displayed player levels should now be updating correctly. Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience. Please note that I have been making a lot of changes recently to improve the api and close some age-old issues. If you are concerned about stability you may be better off sticking with the current release version-0.4.8, however, I do appreciate the feedback from those tracking master.

stu, thank you for fixing this issue, but also for your work on the mod in general.
I appreciate the work you put into it, and realize it's not always easy and straightforward.
Your mod adds so much to the game, it certainly is one of the mods that add so much so the game.
Thank you for your work :)

Andrey01

In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 16:40

stu, will add stone armor, mese armor and obsidian armor

Previous

Return to Mod Releases