[Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

Sokomine

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by Sokomine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 04:26

lincy wrote:Ok, I solved this problem after delete mod_travelnet.data and restart server, It's work fine now.

Your mod_travelnet.data file was obviously corrupted. But how that came to be I don't know.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Mind

IRC: Mind
In-game: Mind

by Mind » Thu Aug 18, 2016 19:04

i have a question:
example: i place a travelnet box and a friend of mine places one. is it possible to have these 2 connected, maybe if they have the same network?

lightonflux

In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Fri Aug 19, 2016 15:08

Mind wrote:i have a question:
example: i place a travelnet box and a friend of mine places one. is it possible to have these 2 connected, maybe if they have the same network?

That is possible. You might need to have the travelnet_attach priv to joins other people networks

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Aug 19, 2016 20:10

That's right. Anyone with the travelnet_attach priv can add travelnets to the networks of other players. That is what the "owned_by" input field is for.

Mind

by Mind » Fri Aug 19, 2016 21:45

ok.
so if a friend places a travelnet like this:
station name: carl home
network: land
owner: carl

what should my travelnet be look like to be connected to his?
if i place a travelnet and i write another player's name in the owner field, can i remove that box in future?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Aug 19, 2016 22:15

Mind wrote:so if a friend places a travelnet like this:
station name: carl home
network: land
owner: carl

what should my travelnet be look like to be connected to his?

Enter the name of the new station (i.e. "Minds station"), the same network name (here: "land") and the owner name (here: "carl"). The network name has to fit to the network you want to attach to, and the owner has to be the owner of that network.

Mind wrote:if i place a travelnet and i write another player's name in the owner field, can i remove that box in future?

You can dig forreign travelnets if you have the travelnet_remove priv. If you don't then you can't. Only the owner can dig the travelnet. And that will be the player who owns the network you attached your station to.

Mind

by Mind » Tue Aug 23, 2016 18:44

thank you for the infos.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Aug 30, 2016 01:46

Update: 1. It is now possible to create a new network for other players provided you have the travelnet_attach priv. It's no longer necessary that the network the box is to be attached to has to exist.

2. If you travel to a location where the receiving travelnet box has vanished in the meantime, you get teleported back to the box where you came from so that you don't get stranded.

3. Support for necessary changes to the locked_travelnet version have been added.

euroclydon

by euroclydon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 18:07

This mod is excellent!

All that's missing is Rufus.

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:07

maikerumine wrote:Hi

Quick question: I have travelnet elevator installed but for some reason it doesn't transport to other stations. they are 15000 meters apart.
they are in same network, i.e. right on top of each other in x, z coord.

how do u use them
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Nov 28, 2016 19:55

ManElevation wrote:how do u use them

Place the travelnet (or elevator), right-click it, enter a station name and network name (not needed on elevators; on travelnets, just use the same name for all your travelnets unless you want to split it up - i.e. a name like "public"). Punch a station to update it, right-click and select a destination from the menu to travel there.

Heraclitus

by Heraclitus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 07:18

Really terrific mod.

Is it my imagination, or does the "autorotate" feature no longer work in the newest Minetest release? (That is, when you arrive at your destination, you used to be rotated to face the exit of the elevator. That no longer seems to happen for me.)

Alcyone

IRC: Alcyone
In-game: Alcyone

by Alcyone » Fri Jan 27, 2017 09:08

I read all the pages of this topic but I didn't succeed to understand how privileges really work : do I need a privilige to just create a travelnet box ? Is it possible on a server to grant the right to build/one only to an admin for example ?

I think that would we really important on a server to avoid inappropriate use and only use it for specific purposes.

-- Alcyone --

Website with french articles on MT : alcyone.toile-libre.org

christoferlevich

by christoferlevich » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:10

I have two questions...

Using elevators - Can I remove the actual text in the button? I would like to use math problems in the floor description to define the floor (for example, third floor would be 'described' as 1+2). the problem I am having is the button for floor three says '2' because floor one is 'G' - I would rather have blank buttons or insert a character of insignificance (punctuation mark?). This could go a long way in an educational version I am developing. - I am using a travelnet box set up to do the same thing, so this may have been 'solved'.

Mated Teleporter Device - Would it be difficult to create a 'device' the player carries to allow him to teleport into a travelnet network? I have students constantly getting lost in caves, and that would be useful to 'save' them by allowing them to teleport back to our 'town'.

This is a great mod! Thanks!

SuperMarioMC98

In-game: SuperMarioMC98

by SuperMarioMC98 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 14:16

Umm tried this mod its very great but i placed a travelnet in a place i didnt want to and now how do i delete it ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous

Return to Mod Releases