[Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

kpo

by kpo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 21:39

I added a pull request for you at github.
I have implemented the elevator - it works in exactly the same way as the travelnet except it looks like an elevator (with no door though) and.
Licensing is the same as the one you are using. The textures were done by me in Gimp. 16x16 and 512x512 texture (for VanessaEs HD pack) included.
The recipes are like this:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
if( minetest.get_modpath("technic") ~= nil ) then
        minetest.register_craft({
                output = "travelnet:elevator",
        recipe = {
                        {"default:steel_ingot", "technic:motor", "default:steel_ingot", },
                    {"default:steel_ingot", "technic:control_logic_unit", "default:steel_ingot", },
                    {"default:steel_ingot", "moreores:copper_ingot", "default:steel_ingot", }
                }
        })
else
            recipe = {
                {"default:steel_ingot", "default_sandstone", "default:steel_ingot", },
            {"default:mese_crystal_fragment", "default:mese_crystal_fragment", "default:mese_crystal_fragment", }
                }
    })
end

incentive

by incentive » Tue May 07, 2013 15:16

I made many mistakes believing that I should use Mese Crystals and it wasted lots of my time. If I had known this image from the beginning instead of reading the text(which can be misinterpreted) then things wouldn't have been confusing. Hope this helps to others who may do the same mistake I did :)

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Wed May 08, 2013 12:09

kpo wrote:I added a pull request for you at github.
I have implemented the elevator - it works in exactly the same way as the travelnet except it looks like an elevator (with no door though) and.
Licensing is the same as the one you are using. The textures were done by me in Gimp. 16x16 and 512x512 texture (for VanessaEs HD pack) included.
The recipes are like this:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
if( minetest.get_modpath("technic") ~= nil ) then
        recipe = {
                        {"default:steel_ingot", "technic:motor", "default:steel_ingot", },
                    {"default:steel_ingot", "technic:control_logic_unit", "default:steel_ingot", },
                    {"default:steel_ingot", "moreores:copper_ingot", "default:steel_ingot", }
                }
        })
else
            recipe = {
            {"default:mese_crystal_fragment", "default:mese_crystal_fragment", "default:mese_crystal_fragment", }
                }
    })
end

Can you please post this mod, please please please? Pretty please?
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna have feathery wings of silver, blue, and white!!!
I wanna soar high and touch the sky!!!
I wanna fly!!!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed May 08, 2013 14:53

I'll take care of the elevator as soon as I get the time and figure out how to handle the pull request technicly.
A list of my mods can be found here.

kpo

by kpo » Thu May 09, 2013 22:29

Sokomine wrote:I'll take care of the elevator as soon as I get the time and figure out how to handle the pull request technicly.

At github you go to pull requests and perform the merge right there. There should not be any conflicts.
One thing I did not implement is that the elevator should/could check that it is exactly aligned above/below another elevator for it to work. I did not do it because it simply latches on the your clever travelnet imlpementation, so why limit it that way. It is instead in the hands of the world designer to do these kinds of cosmetics :-D
Thanks for wanting to merge this.

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed Jun 26, 2013 16:32

can i use the code for my "project mod" please= http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6328
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Jun 26, 2013 19:30

The travelnet box behaves diffrent compared to a tardis. You'd certainly want to change the name of the node and the textures. If you want that behaviour you described in your thread, there'd have to be changes to the code as well. The problem I see here is that it would be difficult to remove the (previous) end-point of your tardis once the player enters a new one - the old end point may not be loaded, and in that case you can't remove the previous end point. Unless you send a player there to pick it up (perhaps even automaticly).
The code is GPLv3, so you ought to have no problem with using it for your project as long as you use the same liscense or a compatible one.

I'll soon release a new version of travelnet. It has been on github for some days already and is beeing tested/used on VanessaEs server already. The only thing that kept me from announcing it here is a problem with the screenshots. Fortionately, I found at least a place/person that is willing to host the images.

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53

Sokomine wrote:The travelnet box behaves diffrent compared to a tardis. You'd certainly want to change the name of the node and the textures. If you want that behaviour you described in your thread, there'd have to be changes to the code as well. The problem I see here is that it would be difficult to remove the (previous) end-point of your tardis once the player enters a new one - the old end point may not be loaded, and in that case you can't remove the previous end point. Unless you send a player there to pick it up (perhaps even automaticly).
The code is GPLv3, so you ought to have no problem with using it for your project as long as you use the same liscense or a compatible one.

I'll soon release a new version of travelnet. It has been on github for some days already and is beeing tested/used on VanessaEs server already. The only thing that kept me from announcing it here is a problem with the screenshots. Fortionately, I found at least a place/person that is willing to host the images.

thank-you i am new to all lua and licencing so it will take time for the mod but thankyou for the help
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 16:39

I've updated the first post in this thread. Travelnet now comes with an elevator and elevator doors. Those elevator doors (or normal doors if you wish) can be used with travelnet boxes and elevators alike.
The boxes are harder to dig to prevent accidental digging and won't fall down if the node beneath them gets digged.

M0RBILIM

by M0RBILIM » Wed Aug 21, 2013 20:32

I'm having a confusing problem. I add an elevator and right click to config. So far, so good. When I add a second , for some reason it is getting added to a different network and shows only one station. For some reason, it seems the two elevators can't find eachother

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Wed Aug 21, 2013 20:41

M0RBILIM wrote:I'm having a confusing problem. I add an elevator and right click to config. So far, so good. When I add a second , for some reason it is getting added to a different network and shows only one station. For some reason, it seems the two elevators can't find eachother

Are they directly above one another?
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Aug 22, 2013 03:18

That's right, elevators only work when they are above each other and their x- and z-coordinates are equal.

M0RBILIM

by M0RBILIM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 14:30

Sokomine wrote:That's right, elevators only work when they are above each other and their x- and z-coordinates are equal.

derp! why didn't i think of that?
Thanks!

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 21:03

The download link in the first post redirects to https://codeload.github.com/Sokomine/travelnet/legacy.zip/master, which then provides a 500 error code.
The Browse Code link does indeed work, but the download link redirects to https://codeload.github.com/Sokomine/travelnet/zip/master and gives another 500 error code
Last edited by Neon on Tue Oct 29, 2013 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Tue Oct 29, 2013 21:35

Neon wrote:The download link in the first post redirects to https://codeload.github.com/Sokomine/travelnet/legacy.zip/master, which then provides a 500 error code.
The Browse Code link does indeed work, but the download link redirects to https://codeload.github.com/Sokomine/travelnet/zip/master and gives another 500 error code

Looks like Github had some problems. You may want to try again later.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Nov 20, 2013 21:30

As some servers seem to be against free travel but could profit a lot from a speed-up for mineshafts (dropping down one is not exactly the most exciting experience in life and just causes load for everyone without much gain) and as a decorative item/replacement for "water" elevators, travelnet has now an extensive config file where you can enable/disable most features of the mod in one single file. You can also adjust the crafting receipes to your liking.

There was a further request for limitations as to who might use a travelnet. A group of players who prefered a PvP server asked for travelnets that could be used by players of one fraction while beeing unusable for players outside that fraction. While the travelnet does and can not know who belongs where and what is desired, it now has a function in config.lua that you can change according to your needs:
travelnet.allow_travel( player_name, owner_name, network_name, station_name_start, station_name_target )

The function is called just before the transport takes effect. If it returns false, the transport will be denied. Please send the player a message in that case why it was denied. You can also use the function to charge the player for a transport or whatever you need.

Azuna

by Azuna » Thu Jan 09, 2014 18:06

Sokomine wrote:Dr. Who travels in time as well and has hardly any consicous control of where he will end up. This just looks like a telephone cell because that seemd fitting :-)

But someone should make a skin of this mod, so that the tnet is BLUE and says PHONEBOX on it :D

asd789

In-game: asd789

Re: [Mod] travelnet - passive teleporters/bookmarks that for

by asd789 » Sun May 11, 2014 16:08

A very great mod, thanks Sokomine!
Asd789

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio or CraigyDavi
In-game: davisonio or CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Sun May 11, 2014 17:43

asd789 wrote:First a very great mod, thanks Sokomine!
But could somebody tell me how to connect the elevators? If not, I will just take the travelboxes.
thanks to everybody who can help me.

Asd789

They work in exactly the way the travelnets do except you have to put them on the same x,y axis. The elevators can only be above or below the other elevator in order for them to work. Then you just punch them to update the station list.

...and welcome to the minetest forums!

asd789

In-game: asd789

by asd789 » Tue May 13, 2014 08:45

Thank you, CraigyDavi

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Sat Aug 16, 2014 07:26

Hello,

Nice Mod.

Thanks

Sokomine

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by Sokomine » Thu Sep 11, 2014 03:39

I've re-added the pictures here as well. I really hope I won't have to do all that work a fourth time. Anyway...if you've played on a server, you've probably seen travelnets by now :-)

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Sep 11, 2014 03:58

So, if MediaCrush goes down, all of its content gets erased?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Sep 11, 2014 14:52

Inocudom wrote:So, if MediaCrush goes down, all of its content gets erased?

..or at least become unavailable. That's essentially what "down" in this case means. Practically all my threads introducing mods where originally equipped with pictures - back at the time I used zimg.eu. That went down. Then viewscew hosted them. Until it suffered a harddisk failure. And now I'm hoping that mediacru.sh will last. As all of them are/where free services, there's no way to know how long they'll exist.

kidmondo

IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 04:55

looks cool :D looking forward to trying it out

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Oct 05, 2014 22:51

The travelnet mod got a new config option:
travelnet.abm_enabled              = false;

Set it to true if your data file mod_travelnet.data got lost somehow (or if you used a map-saving client and never had access to that file). The option will start an abm that checks travelnets which have been "forgotten" and reattaches them to the network they think they're part of. Over time, the network will heal itshelf.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 00:52

Is there any way to configure the travelnet box after it has been configured once before, without breaking it?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Oct 17, 2014 01:53

SegFault22 wrote:Is there any way to configure the travelnet box after it has been configured once before, without breaking it?

No, there isn't. Is there any need for it?

PeterH

GitHub: hanelyp

by PeterH » Fri Oct 17, 2014 04:25

I accidently placed a second elevator block right in front of another, blocking access out, and it won't let me dig either. Otherwise the mod appears to work.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Oct 17, 2014 15:42

PeterH wrote:I accidently placed a second elevator block right in front of another, blocking access out, and it won't let me dig either. Otherwise the mod appears to work.

Ah, I can see the problem. I'm afraid the best solution is to grant yourshelf noclip or to approach that misplaced elevator from the other side. While you're inside the elevator, you can only dig the node you're standing in...not the misplaced elevator in front that's blocking your exit.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases