[Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

Onyx

In-game: onyx58

Re: [Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

by Onyx » Sun Sep 25, 2016 08:14

Hi,

Does the new blocks (desert_stone_block, obsidian_block, sandstone_block and stone_block) will be added soon?
"Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steinheim NodesNation : steinheim-minetest.servegame.com Pt : 28000

cx384

GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 16:27

Onyx wrote:Hi,

Does the new blocks (desert_stone_block, obsidian_block, sandstone_block and stone_block) will be added soon?

https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... s.lua#L215 ?
Can your read this?

Onyx

In-game: onyx58

by Onyx » Sun Sep 25, 2016 17:18

https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/blob/master/mods/default/nodes.lua#L215 ?

Thank you, I am aware that these blocks are part of minetest_game I just wonder when they will be added to Moreblocks that they may be used with the circular_saw.
"Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steinheim NodesNation : steinheim-minetest.servegame.com Pt : 28000

Naj

GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: naj

by Naj » Mon Sep 26, 2016 07:48

IIRC it is very easy to modify source code of moreblocks to add any node.

FirePowi

GitHub: FirePowi
IRC: FirePowi
In-game: Powi

by FirePowi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:00

Hey, please add .mtl files in models ! :-)

pithy

GitHub: pithydon

by pithy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 23:50

FirePowi wrote:Hey, please add .mtl files in models ! :-)

Why would you want that?

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 02:44

You recently asked me if I think this mod is ready for release (version 1.0).
Here's my answer: Not quite yet. It seems pretty stable, but there's one majore thing:

It is quite serious, but not obvious: None of the nodes has is_ground_content=false set. Which means they are ALL subject to destruction by the cave generator!
My recommendation for is_ground_content is to set it to false for all “artificial” nodes, especially things intended to make nice buildings, highly interactive nodes, etc. This includes bricks, glass, chests, windows, etc. Only very simple “ground” nodes should have this set to true (the default value). E.g. dirt, stone, sand, gravel, coal ore, etc.

For your mod, you should set is_ground_content to false for pretty much every node since they are all decorational and not natural. It MIGHT make sense to intentionally keep it at true for coal stone and iron stone, since they are similar to stone. Also, they are actually being used by the mapgen of Skytest.

The remaining comments I have are not release blockers to me. Just some suggestions for improvement.

The 4 “directional” wooden tiles: Downwards Wooden Tile, Leftwards Wooden Tile, Rightwards Wooden Tile and Upwards Wooden Tile. They seem rather unwieldy since they can not be rotated. However, I do see a rationale. Obviously, if those were rotatable (facedir), this would also rotate the direction of the “planks” which would not really work out well overall. Facedir would (sadly) be too messy here. So I don't suggest you add facedir.

Here's my suggestion: Keep the 4 nodes, but implement the function on_rotate (or was it on_screwdriver?) for all 4 of these. This is used by the screwdriver mod, refer to the game_api.txt of Minetest Game to learn how to use it. I suggest that the on_rotate event simply replaces the node with another of the 4 nodes, using a right rotation. For instance, the node “Upwards Wooden Tile” becomes “Rightwards Wooden Tile”, then “Downwards”, etc. I suggest to only support simple rotation, don't bother with the axis rotation (it doesn't make sense anyway). Of course, this creates an optional dependency on screwdriver.

I have a minor suggestion for the saw: Add falling_node or attached_node because it looks odd if this floats in the sky. ;-)
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

ParaklataChotou

GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:04

Hi. I need your help. I had one world server that moreblocks recognized any kind of blocks in the circular saw. Now, in my new world server, the circular saw just recognizes few blocks to turn into miniblocks. the mod isn't recognizing cblocks, colouredglass, and plasticbox mods. And I'm so limited in choices. How can I fix this problem? I can't craft even slobs using these blocks mods that I mentioned.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

HolyPhoenix

by HolyPhoenix » Fri Dec 09, 2016 20:32

I'm assuming the recent changes that broke this in the 0.4.14 stable release are changes getting the mod ready for 0.4.15?

I believe this is what is causing it to break:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
local sound_metal = default.node_sound_metal_defaults()

Worldblender

In-game: Worldblender

by Worldblender » Wed Dec 14, 2016 05:53

Yes, it looks like that line is what's causing problems for all but the most recent dev versions of Minetest. I'm trying to get some of my changes into this mod in order to bring up-to-date with the latest in minetest_game. I have a pull request that's ongoing currently, so there will be more changes coming in. I hoped to add in a check for the Minetest version to determine what sound to play for copper patina, but I'm unsure of what API will enable to do that.

Blunt

by Blunt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 20:25

So If I want to play with the official build I would have to change a single line?

I'm not to good with code could you give some pointers? Maybe which file and line number, and of course the actual change that needs to be done.

I am trying to learn a bit more though.

HolyPhoenix

by HolyPhoenix » Wed Dec 14, 2016 20:57

Blunt wrote:So If I want to play with the official build I would have to change a single line?

I'm not to good with code could you give some pointers? Maybe which file and line number, and of course the actual change that needs to be done.

This file (nodes.lua). https://github.com/minetest-mods/morebl ... /nodes.lua

Currently line 14. I removed it and got past the error. But other mods caused an out of memory error, so not sure if removing it is all that is necessary.

Blunt

by Blunt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 03:45

HolyPhoenix wrote:
Blunt wrote:So If I want to play with the official build I would have to change a single line?

This file (nodes.lua). https://github.com/minetest-mods/morebl ... /nodes.lua

Currently line 14. I removed it and got past the error. But other mods caused an out of memory error, so not sure if removing it is all that is necessary.

I removed the same line and no problems here.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:50

I wish modders would be more cautious before breaking compability or treating the latest stable version (0.4.14 at the moment) as a “legacy” version. I think this behaviour is somewhat rude towards users. Especially if it is done completely without any warning.

It would have been easy to avoid this by a simple check againt nil.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Worldblender

In-game: Worldblender

by Worldblender » Wed Dec 21, 2016 17:22

Wuzzy wrote:I wish modders would be more cautious before breaking compability or treating the latest stable version (0.4.14 at the moment) as a “legacy” version. I think this behaviour is somewhat rude towards users. Especially if it is done completely without any warning.

It would have been easy to avoid this by a simple check againt nil.

I'm sorry about this; though I almost took this personally, I just didn't know the proper API (I actually know it, but don't know how to use it properly yet) to check for the Minetest version. All that I need is to be better informed about what to do when keeping backwards compatibility in mind.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases