[Mod] Weather (Snow, Rain) [weather]

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: [Mod] Weather (Snow, Rain) [weather]

by kaadmy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 18:25

Don wrote:
kaadmy wrote:Stains would be possible, but couldn't be animated.

How do you tint the screen?

You can apply HUD images; see playereffects in adventuretest, it makes the screen black while sleeping.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

swordpaint12

In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 16:38

kaadmy wrote:see playereffects in adventuretest, it makes the screen black while sleeping.

Which I can't figure out how to get out of. Anyhoo, yes, how do you think they stain the screen when under water? I know it couldn't be animated, unless it switched between two or three "stains". A few weeks ago I was trying to puzzle out how to make an easy-use weather mod- or at least an idea for one- and I was talking with someone I know and he said that in some of the games he plays there is weather, but it is only on the player's screen instead of particles. So that's where I got that idea. There is also a mod somewhere in one of these forums and they have a big cluster of bubbles on the screen while doing something (that I forget) so that only reinforced my idea.

Ah yes, here it is. Survival mod. "Bubbles appear when underwater":
Winter Cumicles
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.
Fruit!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

SAMIAMNOT

In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Tue May 31, 2016 18:08

swordpaint12 wrote:
kaadmy wrote:see playereffects in adventuretest, it makes the screen black while sleeping.

Which I can't figure out how to get out of. Anyhoo, yes, how do you think they stain the screen when under water? I know it couldn't be animated, unless it switched between two or three "stains". A few weeks ago I was trying to puzzle out how to make an easy-use weather mod- or at least an idea for one- and I was talking with someone I know and he said that in some of the games he plays there is weather, but it is only on the player's screen instead of particles. So that's where I got that idea. There is also a mod somewhere in one of these forums and they have a big cluster of bubbles on the screen while doing something (that I forget) so that only reinforced my idea.

Ah yes, here it is. Survival mod. "Bubbles appear when underwater":

That's a great idea.
I test mines.

nm0i

IRC: nm0i
In-game: nm0i

by nm0i » Sun Jul 24, 2016 21:19

http://me0w.net/pit/1469394892 (.tar.gz) (611604b)

Clean-up of my previous and top-post version.
Requires serverstep < 0.2. Is not that laggy as before.

This version adds visual effects for toxic rain, blood rain, blood storm.

+ Spoiler

Cupcake_Kitty

In-game: Cupcake_Kitty

by Cupcake_Kitty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 17:45

Last time I tried this was on my old Linux mac computer and my Minetest engine crashed when it began to snow. Now that I am on a Windows 8 HP will it not crash? Thanks.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases