[Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit]

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit] {GitHub}

by Krock » Fri Jul 18, 2014 17:51

SB66 wrote:ok thanks
is there a possibility to see those names ingame?

didn't had these issues before in the previous versions of WorldEdit

You were using aliasses then. My examples were just those, which everytime (should) work.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Temperest

GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Fri Jul 18, 2014 19:21

Krock: Worldedit supports searching by node description and partial nodenames! See the README regarding node names for more info.

I'll fix this in a bit. sfan5 opened an issue here: https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-WorldEdit/issues/52 if you want to check on progress.

By the way, this new stuff is intended behaviour, allowing you to randomly mix different types of nodes. It seems like it still needs a bit of improvement. for now.

lotek

GitHub: LotekHeavy
IRC: lotek
In-game: lotek

by lotek » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:24

I do have two questions/bugs:

1. Not possible to go back to the inventory
If you clicked on gui of WorldEdit and go there in a submenu/function, is not possible to return to the normal inventory anymore. It seems that the button "back" returns always to the last visited page....

example:
1. input i
2. click worldedit icon
3. choose "set nodes"
4. click button "back" (goes correctly back to the main menu of worldedit)
5. click button "back" (should go back to inventory, but it moves you back to last worldedit menu e.g. 3 "set nodes")

Solution: logout and login to access the inventory again.

I have also the mod inventory_plus + zsg installed. I use the latest dev version. So maybe it's the problem/incompatibility with inventory_plus, what you think?

2. strange appearance
I selected an area to modify/edit and after in the progress to "//p set" the old area just got filled up with not wanted nodes (in my case from homedecor some paintingsImage appeared on every f*%ing single nod, a few hundreds of them :-/). I could replace them with no problem. unfortunately I did not took a screenshot.

However, any idea what the error could be?
----
Mine Heavy
http://mine.heavy.ch

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:03

lotek wrote:2. strange appearance
I selected an area to modify/edit and after in the progress to "//p set" the old area just got filled up with not wanted nodes (in my case from homedecor some paintingsImage appeared on every f*%ing single nod, a few hundreds of them :-/). I could replace them with no problem. unfortunately I did not took a screenshot.

Some bugs that may be relating to that problem were fixed lately, make sure your copy of WorldEdit is up to date.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

lotek

by lotek » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:25

OK, sorry I figured out what went wrong... *very dump* I wanted to use "//p set" but typed "//set p" and this filled up the area with well p-aintings :-D
----
Mine Heavy

SuperCode

by SuperCode » Mon Aug 04, 2014 20:38

Wow, this looks great. However every time I go to use it it does not work (I use the commands, both from the window and the "Chat" command) and they seem to do nothing. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Mon Aug 04, 2014 20:45

Have you given yourself privs to use it? Is the mod loaded, or set up to be loaded? Not enough facts to be more helpful I'm afraid.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

nsd

In-game: nsd

by nsd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 15:38

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but is there a way to select all loaded chunks? Also, can you replace unknown nodes? I created a server with one build but I want to make it compatible with the blocks in another build. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

nsd

In-game: nsd

by nsd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 15:00

You might also want to merge bridges mod and //shaft to dig a 1 by 1 shaft with a ladder inside.

kidmondo

IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 06:34

The mod works great, until I tried to switch all grass with fire I got this:
screenshot_8641267.png
screenshot_8641267.png (424.49 KiB) Viewed 5097 times

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38

Hello,

Why i have no save file when i use save interface ? I set all privileges.

But it works with the command line "// save ...."

Thanks
Last edited by balthazariv on Wed Sep 10, 2014 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

kidmondo

by kidmondo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 20:13

Why did this happen. They all just came at once... this has happened three times now, always when i use the switching tool... See:

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Wed Sep 10, 2014 17:41

kidmondo wrote:https://forum.minetest.net/download/file.php?id=1138

This is a known bug. Just fly into one dark area, fly up until it gets brighter.
//pos1
//pos2
//set air
//reset

Solved.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Amaz

GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 18:09

Krock wrote:
kidmondo wrote:https://forum.minetest.net/download/file.php?id=1138

This is a known bug. Just fly into one dark area, fly up until it gets brighter.
//pos1
//pos2
//set air
//reset

Solved.

Even eaisier:
//pos1
//pos2
//replace air air
Done!

kidmondo

by kidmondo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 20:12

Thanks, time to do some fixing...

solars

by solars » Sun Sep 14, 2014 17:55

First I love WorldEdit. My newest Buildings where not possible without WorldEdit.

Today, I would rotate one of my Buildings and failed.
The error was in the command orient:
I used first rotate and then orient it. On the image, you see a test I done after.
The rotating is right, but at the orient command, all peaces that was upside down are flipped.

So, I hope, the next Version of WorldEdit ist compatible to the screwdriver-tool too. ;)
And I say thanks for WorldEdit. Its realy fantastic!
Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:
English thread: [Map] Karsthafen
German thread: [Map] Karsthafen - Diskussionsthread

mcboydesign

GitHub: mcboydesign
IRC: mcboydesign
In-game: mcboydesign

by mcboydesign » Thu Oct 02, 2014 23:44

hi
for fix problem gui interface exit on inventory_plus (minetest 0.4.10)!

change in init.lua (mod worldedit_gui of course),line 219:

"button[0,0;2,0.5;worldedit_gui_exit;Back]" ..

by

"button[0,0;2,0.5;main;Back]" ..

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
218         return string.format("size[%g,%g]", math.max(columns * width, 5), math.max(y + 0.5, 3)) ..
219         "button[0,0;2,0.5;main;Back]" ..
220         "label[2,0;WorldEdit GUI]" ..
221         table.concat(buttons)

:)

[FR]Voilà comment débloquer le bouton back pour world edit gui sur minetest 0.4.10 il suffit juste de changer "worldedit_gui_exit" par "main" à la ligne 119 de init.lua du mod worldedit_gui!
My site for game for french gamer/Le site de mes jeux
TS3...Minecraft...Minetest...Starmade...7 day to die...in a dedicated server.

Achilles

In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Tue Oct 07, 2014 18:27

//pos1 , //pos2 , //set obsidian

When I type those commands in that order (to make an Obsidian platform), the platform, for some queer reason, appears but seems to be constructed out of Obsidian Glass with all its properties rather than actual Obsidian...

I am not sure why this occurs, but I request that it be fixed, if it is the fault of this mod: It has caused me and I presume others a great deal of inconvenience.

Thanks
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

lotek

by lotek » Tue Oct 07, 2014 18:34

you have to be more specific... e.g. default:dirt an not only just dirt.
----
Mine Heavy

Achilles

In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Sun Oct 12, 2014 13:03

OK Thanks. Also is it possible to replace flowing water with another node? So far I have only been able to replace the actual water sources and not the flowing water in the case of water griefs: Is there anyway to replace both?

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 19:59

I've noticed on server that using worldedit can be a little unstable, it may work the first few times but on occasion it brings up this error and crashes server (using latest github):

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ServerError'
what(): std::bad_alloc

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'read_from_map'
/home/mtxanadu/.minetest/mods/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:68: in function 'mark_region'
/home/mtxanadu/.minetest/mods/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:25: in function 'mark_pos1'
/home/mtxanadu/.minetest/mods/worldedit_commands/init.lua:247: in function 'callback'
/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:383: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:37

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 08:29

std::bad_alloc means Minetest ran out of memory.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Mon Oct 13, 2014 16:33

sfan5 wrote:std::bad_alloc means Minetest ran out of memory.

And what's the meaning of "error in error handling" and "Speicherzugriffsfehler" in minetest?
BTW: https://github.com/HybridDog/minetest-n ... e18418cc5e
I moved the deletion of a part of a table down to the end of the function because of a problem by Minetestforfun I think and I think that it was caused by luajit: it linked n and p instead of making new variables for it (with pairs) I guess.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 19:25

sfan5 wrote:std::bad_alloc means Minetest ran out of memory.

The server in question has 4gb memory available and a 120gb SSD for use... In a typical session minetest only ever uses 480mb memory...

SomeGuyMTofficial

IRC: someguy_irc
In-game: someguy

by SomeGuyMTofficial » Fri Oct 17, 2014 05:45

is there any way to use the world edit commands with mesecons command block? so we can have a auto generating/fixing structure.
๖ۣۜSomeGuy(⌐■_■)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
just chilling.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Tue Oct 21, 2014 19:39

Hmm.. since I've start building in SinglePlayer with WorldEdit, it is REALLY useful. Great in cutting time in building complicated structures like this...
Tokyo Big Sight
Some things to add which would help this project...
LINE DRAW:
Draw a line of blocks from //pos1 to //pos2 (not a straight line)
example: //line default:rail

WALL DRAW:
Draw a wall or surface like stairs from //pos1 to //pos2 along describe axis by a defined dimension.
example //wall y 5 stone
... would draw a stone wall from 1 to 2 at a height of 5 nodes for stairs, you would pick X or Z axis.

BLOCK ROTATE or ORIENT(ATE):
with V6 and blocks being able to be flipped, it would be nice to have the power to bulk rotate the blocks like stairs.
example: //orient x -90 (all blocks selected would be rotated 90 degrees on the X axis)
//orient z 180 stone:stair (only specified would be flipped upsidedown)

Thoughts?

Fritigern

In-game: Fritigern

by Fritigern » Wed Oct 22, 2014 04:30

Feature requests:
* //undo : Would do as advertised. I've definitely missed this one after several goof ups that affected large areas. And /rollback does not always work on WE operations.
* //hbox, //hcube or //walls : Create a hollow cube the size of the selection, usable as a quick way to build walls.
* //prism and //hprism : Create a (hollow) prism the size of the selection, useful as a roof. A hollow prism can be used as roof with attic.
* //torus : A versatile shape, usable to create space stations.

Improvements:
* No longer have the shapes (pyramid, dome, etc) center at //pos1 but make them the size of the selection. This allows for more precise placements and would match the behavior of //set and //replace
* When importing schems, position the imported structure relative to the position that the player had whilst exporting the schem.
* Automatically apply //r air air after operations that often cause dark areas. This should be a config option.

Bug (unless I'm wrong):
* //fixlight does not seem to do anything on dark areas. //r air air usually does work however

I know, this would prolly have been better placed on a bugtracker, but bugtrackers are usally horrible for discussions :-)
--
This is NOT a sig.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Wed Oct 22, 2014 16:52

Michael Eh? wrote:Hmm.. since I've start building in SinglePlayer with WorldEdit, it is REALLY useful. Great in cutting time in building complicated structures like this...
Tokyo Big Sight
Some things to add which would help this project...
LINE DRAW:
Draw a line of blocks from //pos1 to //pos2 (not a straight line)
example: //line default:rail

WALL DRAW:
Draw a wall or surface like stairs from //pos1 to //pos2 along describe axis by a defined dimension.
example //wall y 5 stone
... would draw a stone wall from 1 to 2 at a height of 5 nodes for stairs, you would pick X or Z axis.

BLOCK ROTATE or ORIENT(ATE):
with V6 and blocks being able to be flipped, it would be nice to have the power to bulk rotate the blocks like stairs.
example: //orient x -90 (all blocks selected would be rotated 90 degrees on the X axis)
//orient z 180 stone:stair (only specified would be flipped upsidedown)

Thoughts?

Fritigern wrote:Feature requests:
* //undo : Would do as advertised. I've definitely missed this one after several goof ups that affected large areas. And /rollback does not always work on WE operations.
* //hbox, //hcube or //walls : Create a hollow cube the size of the selection, usable as a quick way to build walls.
* //prism and //hprism : Create a (hollow) prism the size of the selection, useful as a roof. A hollow prism can be used as roof with attic.
* //torus : A versatile shape, usable to create space stations.

Improvements:
* No longer have the shapes (pyramid, dome, etc) center at //pos1 but make them the size of the selection. This allows for more precise placements and would match the behavior of //set and //replace
* When importing schems, position the imported structure relative to the position that the player had whilst exporting the schem.
* Automatically apply //r air air after operations that often cause dark areas. This should be a config option.

Bug (unless I'm wrong):
* //fixlight does not seem to do anything on dark areas. //r air air usually does work however

I know, this would prolly have been better placed on a bugtracker, but bugtrackers are usally horrible for discussions :-)

I made some functions with which a line is calculated between two positions. I could add very much stuff to worldedit, e.g. //replacerandom, //menger_sponge, //mg_noisetest, …

Fritigern

In-game: Fritigern

by Fritigern » Fri Oct 24, 2014 03:08

I forgot to add a request for //smooth <intensity> to the list. It would smoothen the contours of the selection. For instance, if you have a 100x100x100 cube selected, it would get rounded corners, depending on the chosen intensity.
Inversely, //rough <intensity> would roughen the selection, making the same 100x100x100 cube look messy, which can be useful for terrains. It could also be used to blend two or more kinds of nodes together, kind of like the way //mix does it now, only with a messier feel.
--
This is NOT a sig.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Sat Oct 25, 2014 22:34

I've had VanessaE upload the work shown above on Creative and installed a travelnet box. So If you want to see how good using worldedit for building can get... come visit Little BIG Sight on creative.

Working with WorldEdit, I could use //alias {blockname} {alias} ie, //alias prefab:concrete_slab sidewalk

That wasy if an block has real long name, //alias would sustitute that with user defined one unless it's already in use.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases