[Mod] Mesecons (= redstone) [GitHub] [minetest-mod-mesecons]

4aiman

Re: [Mod] Mesecons (= redstone) [GitHub] [minetest-mod-mesec

by 4aiman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:00

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Tue Jul 15, 2014 16:33

Don't see how that affects any of DeepGaze's questions.

1) He wants a piston that moves a block that is above and to one side of the piston. Pistons only move blocks right next to them, not diagonally.

2) He wants to make it so that he can set how far a block will move when activated on by the piston. This can't be set in the current version of mesecons. No idea if it will ever be able to be set or not.

3) As far as imitating another blocks texture, that is a limit of minetest. To make it work, you would have to create a node for each and every texture in the game the mod is being used in. A relative nightmare because then you would have to have some method of getting it to show the proper node you want. If the devs ever implemented a meta for a node's texture it would be quite easy to do. So far no one has shown any enthusiasm for implementing this in the game. Once a node has been created, you can't change it's texture currently.

I don't see how mesecons wiring being unable to connect with pressure plates 2 nodes away has anything to do with these questions unless you were trying to comment that this still doesn't work. If so, sorry for the misunderstanding.

freejack

by freejack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 18:30

I have an observation/question and it actually is a real simple one. When using pressure plates with doors..... If you step on the pate it opens the door and then closes it. If you manually open the door and pass over the plate it nver activates and closes the door once you have passed over the plate. Is this intentional by design or just a forgotten use for pressure plates? Also it does not play the sounds of the door opening or closing.

JKMurray

by JKMurray » Fri Aug 08, 2014 06:00

A video about this amazing mod can be found here: http://youtu.be/FUnl0v3CgoQ

TheEpicJames

IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy

by TheEpicJames » Thu Aug 14, 2014 08:06

oh please, can we just have item droppers?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 07:13

LionsDen wrote:Don't see how that affects any of DeepGaze's questions.

I wasn't answering, but asking. DeepGaze isn't the only one with questions here ;)

The thing is, there IS a problem with activation of a node in a position of "2 nodes below".
That's a bug. So, I'll just repeat my question with repost of a link I've provided: viewtopic.php?p=145676#p145676

The whole point is explained there. There are even screenshots :)

alejandroosorto

by alejandroosorto » Sat Aug 23, 2014 13:56

hey how can i turn the mesecon torch off? i am trying to make a automatic door and the mesecon torch dont turn off help me please

srifqi

GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 15:17

alejandroosorto wrote:how can i turn the mesecon torch off?

Put another power source nearby.
I'm from Indonesia! Saya dari Indonesia!
Terjemahkan Minetest!
Mods by me. Modifikasi oleh saya.

Pronounce my nick as in: es-rifqi (IPA: /es rifˈki/)

kidmondo

IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 20:23

Why is the sticky piston not sticking to the other piston?

lesto

by lesto » Sat Sep 06, 2014 16:20

i was tryng to build a retracting bridge using stiky piston, where a row 4 stiky piston push eachother (bridge can be crossed walking over the pistons), andthen when i'm not nearby they shold retract leaving a unjumpable gap. Problem is stiky piston wount stay stiky over first line.

bridge close (crossable)
bridge2.png
bridge2.png (1 MiB) Viewed 3596 times

bridge open (NOT crossable) BROKEN!
bridge2.png
bridge2.png (1 MiB) Viewed 3596 times

i've also tried with 1 delayer (1 sec) so far piston would close before others. stil does not work
Attachments
bridge1.png
bridge1.png (1009.72 KiB) Viewed 3596 times

lesto

by lesto » Sat Sep 06, 2014 22:12

also, can you please make Object Detector value modificable only by owner?

like a protect chest can be used only by owner. so i can build things that can be activate only by me or my friend (if only i had one in-game.. :) )

Thanks.

Josh04

GitHub: DerMinetestPro
IRC: Josh04
In-game: Josh04

Re: [Mod] Mesecons (= redstone)

by Josh04 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 15:52

Oh my God! I LOVE THIS MOD!

P.S. ?Unknown?
Nennt mich nicht Josh! Sagt Josh04 oder JJ!
Wer etwas von mir wissen will, schreib mir eine PM
Schreibt mir auch eine PM, wenn ihr meine Lieblings-Mods oder Tex-Packs erfahren wollt!

Megaf

GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:45

Hi, I make a fork and added a grey fence that is able to conduct mese signals.
I've done that because we like to use fences to build lamp posts and it would be so much better if fences could conduct electricity.

Also, the conducting fence is a good alternative to vertical mese wires.

I made a pull request already and hopefully Jeija will merge it.

Jeija

by Jeija » Thu Sep 18, 2014 13:52

Hi Megaf, nice to hear that. I support your idea of creating a fork. Even though I'd love to work more on mesecons, I just don't have the time for it. I encourage you to maintain a fork of mesecons that might not only implement new fences, but also other features you or other people like to have. That way, mesecons remains a solid base. However, I recommend you to change your fork's name a little, so people know the difference.

I know there are many pull request to mesecons, but I cannot responsibly test and merge them. Otherwise, security risks (like the one with the command block), performance issues or bugs may appear.

Afton

GitHub: Aftonone
In-game: Afton

by Afton » Fri Sep 19, 2014 02:48

Hey! Is there a way to get a wire through a certain block? And I also want to be able to stack vertical wires without them making those plate things... For instance regarding the first request... In minecraft you can get redstone dust to send signal THROUGH a piece of wool...Example: __
◘◘
()()

_ = mesecon wire
◘ = wool
() = something that needs power

In thsi thing the wire can sit on top of the wool but the signal gos through the wool into the piston....

Thanks a ton! Great job on your AWESOME mod!!! Cheers!

-Afton
Life is short.....eat dessert first!

When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless. - Chris Colfer (Actor, singer, 1990-)

Christian Metal rocks!!! \m/

AutiCoder

In-game: AutiCoder

by AutiCoder » Sat Sep 20, 2014 05:00

Hi , i noticed a little thing in your mod ;
glass doors are not opening with mesecon input ,
i did fix this with adding :
"
doors:register_door("doors:door_glass", {
description = "Glass Door",
inventory_image = "door_glass.png",
groups = {snappy=1,cracky=1,oddly_breakable_by_hand=3,door=1},
tiles_bottom = {"door_glass_b.png", "door_glass_side.png"},
tiles_top = {"door_glass_a.png", "door_glass_side.png"},
sounds = default.node_sound_glass_defaults(),
})

"
at the end of mesecons_compatibility .

Greetings
"Think , create , test , fail , and repeat until you succeed "

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 15:14

Jeija wrote:Hi Megaf, nice to hear that. I support your idea of creating a fork. Even though I'd love to work more on mesecons, I just don't have the time for it. I encourage you to maintain a fork of mesecons that might not only implement new fences, but also other features you or other people like to have. That way, mesecons remains a solid base. However, I recommend you to change your fork's name a little, so people know the difference.

I know there are many pull request to mesecons, but I cannot responsibly test and merge them. Otherwise, security risks (like the one with the command block), performance issues or bugs may appear.

Jeija doesn't have time to work on mesecons anymore. Ask Megaf to do so for his fork.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 16:55

AutiCoder wrote:Hi , i noticed a little thing in your mod ;
glass doors are not opening with mesecon input ,
i did fix this with adding :
"
doors:register_door("doors:door_glass", {
description = "Glass Door",
inventory_image = "door_glass.png",
groups = {snappy=1,cracky=1,oddly_breakable_by_hand=3,door=1},
tiles_bottom = {"door_glass_b.png", "door_glass_side.png"},
tiles_top = {"door_glass_a.png", "door_glass_side.png"},
sounds = default.node_sound_glass_defaults(),
})

Mesecons compatibility belongs to mesecons, thus you should've gotten an exception about naming conventions. Am I wrong?

"
at the end of mesecons_compatibility .

Greetings

varnayskiy

by varnayskiy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 17:37

Hellow, a I have YANI :) Iron bars under voltage. What do you think about it?

Sunfirel

IRC: Sunfirel
In-game: Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 18:07

This mod is awesome, but I seen a bug. When chest is pushed by sticky movestone, it can't be opened and behaves like normal block. Tried in 0.4.9 and 0.4.10 and still the same.

LordHawk

by LordHawk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 17:40

I saw a YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqClE9Jt6A) video that uses two sticky pistons together. One of the pistons pushes and pulls the other sticky piston. I have tried to duplicate this, but the piston is not pulled back when the power is off. It is pushed right, but just left where it was pushed when the first piston pulls back. Is that video still possible?

LordHawk

by LordHawk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 20:30

LordHawk wrote:I saw a YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqClE9Jt6A) video that uses two sticky pistons together. One of the pistons pushes and pulls the other sticky piston. I have tried to duplicate this, but the piston is not pulled back when the power is off. It is pushed right, but just left where it was pushed when the first piston pulls back. Is that video still possible?

I figured out how to do the code in the video. You have to use a Microcontroller. The code to get the video section to work:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
if pin.a == false then --off
  if port.d then
    port.d = false
    interrupt(0.2,"stage1")
  end
  if port.b and event.iid == "stage1" then
    port.b = false
    interrupt(0.2,"stage2")
  end 
else --on
  port.b = true
  port.d = true
end

The is another tutorial (I forget where it is) to to use 2 sticky pistons to move move than one block. The code in that example didn't work for me. The second piston kept opening an closing. This is code I used to get that to work:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
if pin.a == false then --off
  if port.d then
    port.d = false
    interrupt(0.2,"stage1")
  end
  if port.b and event.iid == "stage1" then
    port.b = false
    interrupt(0.2,"stage2")
  end
  if event.iid == "stage2" then
    port.c = true
    interrupt(0.2,"stage3")
  end
  if event.iid == "stage3" then
    port.c = false
    interrupt(0.2, nil)
  end

else --on
  port.b = true
  port.d = true
end

Esteban

GitHub: Esteban-
IRC: Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:54

I noticed that the command block only works with things like buttons or levers. I was trying to use command blocks and player sensor for a PvP map and it does not work. I tried with pressure plates and the same happens. Is the mod like that or is my mistake?

EDIT: the command block has this setting:
give @nearest default:stick

theoluk

by theoluk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 20:39

I am running the latest version of mesecons on morn76's build for mac of minetest 4.10. For some reason, command blocks, luacontrollers, and microcontrollers don't work. At all. I can place them, but once I type in the code, It won't run when powered.
Please Help!

theoluk

by theoluk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 20:41

I am running the latest version of mesecons on morn76's build for mac of minetest 4.10. For some reason, command blocks, luacontrollers, and microcontrollers don't work. At all. I can place them, but once I type in the code, It won't run when powered.
Please Help!

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Tue Oct 28, 2014 19:03

Just wondering if you could add bat_blocks? to your depends.txt. It would be greatly appreciated.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

davegoopot

GitHub: davegoopot

Mesecons - Post to chat from luacontroller?

by davegoopot » Sun Nov 16, 2014 16:31

Hi,

I'd like to be able to post to the chat window from code in the luacontroller. I can't do,
minetest.chat_send_all("Hello from Minetest!!!")

...since that is not one of the safe commands. Is there a good way to do this without tinkering with the init.lua file?

Thanks,

Dave.

Jeija

by Jeija » Sun Nov 16, 2014 16:41

You could just use the command block instead of the luacontroller for that purpose.
If you want to send something to everyone, just use
say [TEXT]
and if you want send something to just one person, use
tell [PERSON] [TEXT]

davegoopot

GitHub: davegoopot

by davegoopot » Sun Nov 16, 2014 20:20

Hi Jeija,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't give the full requirement: I'm actually putting together some ideas to use Minetest in a local code club to teach kids about programming. I'm planning a dice-rolling game. So e.g. I wanted to do something like:

x = math.random(1,6)
minetest.chat_send_all("You rolled a: " .. x)

I guess I'm looking at adding more values into the table returned from create_environment. Is that right?

On a similar topic, can the luacontroller set blocks in the world? I.e. do the equivalent of a call to minetest.place_node?

I'm a complete noob to Minetest so if I've missed a really simple way of doing this please point me in the right direction. I'm trying for an in-game experience rather than having our kids edit init.lua files -- minimizing the initial friction is key as they are all brand new to coding.

Thanks,

Dave.

Jeija

by Jeija » Sun Nov 16, 2014 20:43

Hi davegoopot,

I'd then recommend you to edit the mesecons_luacontroller/init.lua file yourself to add minetest.chat_send_all to the safe commands. Due to obvious reaons I can't make that change upstream. For instance, you could just add
minetest = minetest

to the return value of create_environment to import all minetest.* commands to the list of allowed commands.

As you say the children you're teaching have no experiences in coding, long function names and such may be very confusing. Therefore, you might want to change names of the commands to something simpler, like
say = minetest.chat_send_all

place = function (name, pos)
    minetest.set_node(pos, {name = name})
end

Last year, I also taught some kids basic programming in Lua. As the Laptops we had were by far not powerful enough to run something like minetest, I could not use mesecons / minetest. Nevertheless, I think Lua really is a great language for beginners (personally, I prefer it over python due to closer similarity to other languages such as JavaScript). Therefore I used http://love2d.org/ to make some very simple drawings and games.
In case you're interested, I also did some beginner-friendly hardware stuff, such as soldering a kit with a little board to play games on and programming it (https://github.com/Jeija/pollinspiel-lernkit) and a chinese 10€ LED-Matrix (https://github.com/Jeija/jymcu-3208-lernkit).

Hope I could help you!

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases