[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

fifthecard

Re: [Mod] MOB Framework [2.3.6] [mobf] timekeeping

by fifthecard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 18:06

Here is the debug info

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
6:51:44: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ....minetest/mods/animals_modpack/adv_spawning/internal.lua:294: assertion failed!
16:51:44: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
16:51:44: ERROR[main]:    [C]: in function 'assert'
16:51:44: ERROR[main]:    ....minetest/mods/animals_modpack/adv_spawning/internal.lua:294: in function 'quota_leave'
16:51:44: ERROR[main]:    ....minetest/mods/animals_modpack/adv_spawning/internal.lua:224: in function <....minetest/mods/animals_modpack/adv_spawning/internal.lua:180>
16:51:44: ERROR[main]:    /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:348: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:336>

sapier

by sapier » Thu Jul 24, 2014 17:19

@fifthecard that backtrace is supposed to impossible ;-). Can you give more information how to trigger? what's your environment? what cpu what os, any virtualization or unstable system clock?
Or at least a few more lines of debug.txt prior error ;-)

According to that assert time on your machine went backwards

fifthecard

by fifthecard » Thu Jul 24, 2014 21:30

+ Spoiler

I am using carbone game but have tried on standard minetest with no other mods as well and get the same error. I am running this on a virtual machine on beefy computer but I can try and run this outside of the virtual machine. Setup is I7-4790 16GB ram with 4 dedicated to virtual machine. OS is Arch Linux with a git build of minetest on the 22nd with leveldb support. I also tried a build without leveldb to see if that could have been an issue. I will double check the clock sync issue to verify and also try to host outside of the virtual machine.

sapier

by sapier » Sat Jul 26, 2014 13:12

I don't think leveldb is involved... Virualization could be ... I don't like it but I'll change that assert to a warning. Basicaly time running backwards breaks mobfs limitation of CPU usage. You may get way more CPU usage then the targeted maximum of 100ms per server step.

fifthecard

by fifthecard » Sat Jul 26, 2014 16:06

I tried outside of the virtual machine and got the same error.

sapier

by sapier » Sun Jul 27, 2014 20:16

fifthecard could you change the assert to print the value instead of asserting? do you have default settings or did you e.g. enable multiple emerge threads?

fifthecard

by fifthecard » Mon Jul 28, 2014 00:39

When I change assert to print I get console spam with true.

I don't see any settings to allow multiple emerge threads.

lotek

GitHub: LotekHeavy
IRC: lotek
In-game: lotek

by lotek » Mon Jul 28, 2014 13:04

Active Block Range

If I configure on my server that active_block_range is only 1, how does this impact the mobf monsters? I guess that would mean that only monster 8 nodes away (from the player) could attack, right?
----
Mine Heavy
http://mine.heavy.ch

sapier

by sapier » Mon Jul 28, 2014 20:30

@lotek yes but there will be major issues with mob spawning too as spawners are entities too. Chance there will be any active spawner within that range is quite small so. Result may be no mobs spawning at all.

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Mon Jul 28, 2014 21:29

Good stuff lotek and sapier... I've wondered about this as well. Thanks :)
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

Giack Frichitichi

by Giack Frichitichi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 18:31

Can you add wool like kill result for sheeps?
At 43rd line you can change in this way:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
kill_result={"wool:white","animalmaterials:meat_lamb 2"},

atam7

In-game: atam7

by atam7 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 22:04

I was wondering if you could tell me how to make the guard mobs friendly to all players but attack all hostile mobs? or could you add the ability for admins to spawn mobs to guard places from hostile mobs that are trying to harm player. something like guards in the elder scrolls series. thank you for your time!

atam7

by atam7 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 22:08

or if there is a mod that does this, cold you please post a link. thank you!

sapier

by sapier » Tue Aug 05, 2014 17:16

atam7 you can configure a guard to attack those factions unfriendly to players that's most likely what you want

Edit1:
I just updated to 2.3.92, the only change is a new advanced_spawning version packaged, 2.3.92 is most likely the 2.4 version I'm gonna release this weekend.

atam7

by atam7 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 23:02

can you tell me how to do that sapier? have virtually no programing experience. I can only find were to change what factions they are in, not what they are hostile to. where would they location of the file that determines what they are hostile to? could you give me as much info as possible. thank you very much in advance!

sapier

by sapier » Wed Aug 06, 2014 20:31

atam7 first you need to install the factions mod (make sure you get the new version provided by me)
next enter /mobf in chat window
you should see a "factions" tab
there you can create and configure factions e.g. a faction "my_guards"
next you can configure how other factions behave to that faction, there are some predefined ones by mobf e.g. monsters

once you did configure the faction you have to rightclick your guard and add it to this faction.

that's all ;-) no need to programm anything

atam7

by atam7 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 17:06

Thank you for all the help sapier:) but I am still getting nowhere. I set the hireling to player relation to 1000 and hireling to monster relation to -1000 but guards still attack me

atam7

by atam7 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 17:15

My intention is to get the guards to be friendly to all players and hostile to everything that is hostile to players (I assume monsters faction covers that).
I won't be able to use minetest for about a week.

Thank you for your time!

sapier

Re: [Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.4]

by sapier » Sun Aug 10, 2014 17:17

@atam7 For what I remember range is -100 to +100 ;-) seems like a check is missing to prevent invalid values.

Finally ... Animals modpack 2.4 did arrive. ... why not "mobf" ... well, mobf is the mob engine but the release contains spawning the mobs and factions mod so calling it that way would've been wrong. Mobf 2.5 will be split even more, animals will be moved from core to a separate repository.
Have fun!

lotek

by lotek » Sun Aug 17, 2014 09:49

I use now the new animals_modpack, factions and the newly adv_spawning (hope thats right) from your git account. Also I did a while a go a /clearobject and needed to use the "secondary spawning" features to get the animals back. Now, animals (wolfs, sheeps, cows, etcetera) are getting spread over the exist map again, but what I missing are vombies and other monsters. On newly generated maps vombies get spawned...

* Normal should this cpu intensive 2nd spawning add those mobs, too - right?
* Is with this new adv_spawning any help to respawn on generated maps?

thanx for your effort to build this great mod ;)
----
Mine Heavy

sapier

by sapier » Mon Aug 18, 2014 15:09

Some mobs are spawnet by secondary spawning but I'd not guarantee it's still working, spawning was completely redone with adv_spawning transition
regeneration of spawns doesn't work yet I still haven't found a really good solution to do it but I hope to find some way till 2.5.

cocoto

In-game: cocoto

by cocoto » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:18

I don't understand how to configure factions for NPC. When I right-click on a Guard / Archer I just see the ShowDebug, SelectPath and "Heal" buttons. Is there any requirement to obtain this menu ?

I've the last version of the mod (including dependencies) and all privileges.
Didn't find a corresponding problem on the forum/github.

sapier

by sapier » Sun Aug 24, 2014 13:07

cocoto you have to enter /mobf as chat message to open mobf control panel, there's a tab "factions"
... only in case you have factions installed of course, if you don't see the factions tab there, you won't see it on rightclick menu too.

cocoto

In-game: cocoto

by cocoto » Sun Aug 24, 2014 16:00

sapier wrote:cocoto you have to enter /mobf as chat message to open mobf control panel, there's a tab "factions"
... only in case you have factions installed of course, if you don't see the factions tab there, you won't see it on rightclick menu too.

I already have the factions tab, and I can easily add/change a faction.
Console commands for factions (invite create...) work well also.

PS : If you want more debug/informations do not hesitate to give me their location.

sapier

by sapier » Sun Aug 24, 2014 17:01

I guess I found it, there seems to be a bug about mobs rightclick menu being initialized to early. Prior setting who is spawner, thus you don't see the factions button right after spawning.
I'll fix it as soon as possible.
There are two workarounds for this issue, walk away from the mob till it's unloaded and get back, or log out and in again.

lotek

by lotek » Sun Aug 24, 2014 17:33

sapier wrote:Some mobs are spawnet by secondary spawning but I'd not guarantee it's still working, spawning was completely redone with adv_spawning transition
regeneration of spawns doesn't work yet I still haven't found a really good solution to do it but I hope to find some way till 2.5.

I disabled secondary spawning and use the new
adv_spawning_validate_spawners = true
and first it was spawning vombis and animals... (~50, or more). after a few days later I got nearly zero vombis. but what I saw is that in my offline mobs goes up and up (around 1500 now). any idea how to fix it?
----
Mine Heavy

sapier

by sapier » Sun Aug 24, 2014 21:10

lotek I just discovered that bug while developing 2.5 too I'm gonna backport the fix to stable version soon.

Edit:
I just released 2.4.2 could you please try it and give feedback if this fix completely solves the issue?

@ALL animals modpack 2.4.90 is a preview version only, don't use it in production environment!
Main features:
-lots of new sounds creating way more dense atmosphere
-added ghost (based uppon creatures ghost)

Sunfirel

IRC: Sunfirel
In-game: Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 13:05

In my opinion, this is the best mobs mod to Minetest. There are so many mobs, traders and other cool stuff. Anyway, there should be an infinite spawn egg or something similar to quickly spawn many mobs in creative. Also, the textures are not as good as kpgmobs or simplemobs ones.

sapier

by sapier » Wed Aug 27, 2014 16:45

Thanks Sunfriel for your feedback.
Yes I know about my limited capabilities to create good models and textures, if someone feels like being able to help, you're welcome.

As there are quite some mobs within amp it's already about 10mb in size. That's reason why I try to avoid .x models in favor of b3d models. B3d is up to factor 10 smaller then .x, especially if there are animations in it. There's a good b3d exporter for blender. It's a little bit hard to find, but google will help. If someone doesn't want to do this work I'll just do it for you if you provide blender files ;-).

lotek

by lotek » Wed Aug 27, 2014 17:18

sapier; if I would like to running your latest "beta" code together with a few players.. should I still run animals_modpack together with the adv_spawning or should I install mobf_core, animalmaterials, adv_spawning and not using the modpack anymore?

btw. many thanks for ur great mod, we love monsters (you could make a few of this too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ARymkQa1c haha!)
----
Mine Heavy

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases