[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Sat Feb 18, 2012 16:59

Double check the zip file for 1.0.0 (only tried the primary link). You appear to be missing the 'animalmaterials' folder in the package. I grabbed the 0.9.11 version, copied the folder from there and the server loaded fine after that.

Let me know if there are any 'animalmaterials' changes between those two version, otherwise I won't update until the next release.

Temperest

GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:07

You can also download AnimalMaterials from its own thread: http://c55.me/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=917

I agree, it should be included with the modpack by default.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:08

FYI

I see the following in the debug.txt once the mod is loaded. Haven't tested under Ubuntu Natty yet, but I suspect the same errors will occur.

Server is minetest-0.4.dev-20120122-1 Maverick

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
12:01:06: INFO[main]: SourceImageCache::getOrLoad(): Loading path "C:\Users\rabbibob\Desktop\minetest-0.4.dev-20120122-1-win32\minetest-0.4.dev-20120122-1-win32\bin\..\data\clienttextures\unknown_block.png"
12:01:06: INFO[main]: ItemDefManager::updateTexturesAndMeshes(): Updating textures and meshes in item definitions
12:01:06: INFO[main]: SourceImageCache::getOrLoad(): No path found for "animal_big_red_big_red_item.png"
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "animal_big_red_big_red_item.png" while building texture
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "animal_big_red_big_red_item.png"
12:01:06: INFO[main]: SourceImageCache::getOrLoad(): No path found for "animal_creeper_creeper_item.png"
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "animal_creeper_creeper_item.png" while building texture
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "animal_creeper_creeper_item.png"
12:01:06: INFO[main]: SourceImageCache::getOrLoad(): No path found for "animal_dm_dm_item.png"
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "animal_dm_dm_item.png" while building texture
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "animal_dm_dm_item.png"
12:01:06: INFO[main]: SourceImageCache::getOrLoad(): No path found for "animal_gull_gull_item.png"
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "animal_gull_gull_item.png" while building texture
12:01:06: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "animal_gull_gull_item.png"

sapier

by sapier » Sat Feb 18, 2012 19:54

it should be included with the modpack by default.

NO! animalmaterials was removed because of good reasons.

It is intended to be added to minetest core so having it included within animals modpack would result in conflicting animalmaterials packages.

The messages you note are already known and are non critical. I've already written this some posts before.
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Sat Feb 18, 2012 20:12

sapier wrote:The messages you note are already known and are non critical. I've already written this some posts before.

Thanks, will ignore the messages.

sapier wrote:NO! animalmaterials was removed because of good reasons.

It is intended to be added to minetest core so having it included within animals modpack would result in conflicting animalmaterials packages.

Perhaps a note on the lead post would be a good idea? I only noted how to fix it because I've been looking at lua and knew to read the depends.txt file to see the inclusion of it there. Someone who isn't familiar or starting out will have a failed mod with no clue what to do.

Nice changes btw. I forgot to edit the vombie damage (my children play and don't stand a chance) and got too close while examining the newer texture. I had to laugh when I died!

sapier

by sapier » Sat Feb 18, 2012 21:07

there's already a note in the first post, its bold and red ;-)

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Sat Feb 18, 2012 22:20

You know, I read that twice earlier and still didn't register it. My apologies!

sdzen

by sdzen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 23:20

im having an issue when i log in to minetest
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
18:17:03: ERROR[ServerThread]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': .../bin/../share/minetest/mods/animals/movement_gen.lua:556: attempt to concatenate global 'distance_to_predicted_pos' (a nil value)
18:17:03: ERROR[ServerThread]: stack traceback:

In thread 7f95a5389700:
/build/buildd/minetestc55-201202070242/src/server.cpp:113: virtual void* ServerThread::Thread(): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f95a5389700:
#0  virtual void* ServerThread::Thread()
(Leftover data: #1  void Server::AsyncRunStep())
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerEnvironment::step(float))
(Leftover data: #3  void RemoteClient::GetNextBlocks(Server*, float, irr::core::array<PrioritySortedBlockTransfer, irr::core::irrAllocator<PrioritySortedBlockTransfer> >&))
(Leftover data: #4  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f95ac052740:
#0  int main(int, char**)
#1  void dedicated_server_loop(Server&, bool&)
(Leftover data: #2  void Server::step(float))
Aborted

anyone care to tell me why?
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

sapier

by sapier » Fri Feb 24, 2012 17:07

hello,
it's a bug the variable referenced in that error message has been removed, you're the first one to notice because this error message is only thrown in case something already went wrong before.

as quick solution until the new animals version is ready replace

minetest.log(LOGLEVEL_WARNING,"ANIMALS: Bug!!!! didn't find a suitable prediction time. Animal will move more than one block within prediction period: ".. distance_to_predicted_pos)

by
minetest.log(LOGLEVEL_WARNING,"ANIMALS: Bug!!!! didn't find a suitable prediction time. Animal will move more than one block within prediction period")

this won't fix the original bug but prevent minetest from crashing.

lord_james

by lord_james » Sun Mar 11, 2012 23:28

Great mod, but I want suggest these topics:

-Could it be possible add animations like old DM?
-Could it be possible add new params in transformation? (Example: If I attack "the wrong rat", It'll transform in a monster. Or, a human transforms in wolf)
-Could be posible add documentation for add animals and new spawn?s scripts?

Thanks
Last edited by lord_james on Sun Mar 11, 2012 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

sapier

by sapier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 20:06

If anyone provides graphics for animation I'll gladly add it in near future.
I'm just not that talented in drawing to produce reasonable good graphics by myself.

Transformation on attack will be possible by using the on attack callback I'm going to add in next version.

documentation uhhh ... I know this is a ongoing task, it's far from perfect, if you have questions please ask I'll add them to the current documentation.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Mon Mar 12, 2012 20:12

Sapier, I wish to make some mobs, but I don't want to use the mod, seems to chunky to make simple mobs for hunting.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Mon Mar 12, 2012 20:17

sapier..you are the ultimate coder for the lua portion of the game..i challenge you to make 1 real 3d mob using entities that spawn on the ground in the dark..or at night ..even if the entity is just 1 entity (like a slime from minecraft) that hops around using your amazing code from the vampires :D (maybe instead of just being instantly shoved up one block they have a "hop" which makes them get pushed into the air using acceleration)
If you can think it, you can make it.

sapier

by sapier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 21:44

@Jordach I'm sorry to tell you but all that chunky code you're talking about is REQUIRED to create a mob. True it's not always perfectly shaped and some things are more complex than necessary for only ONE mob but as soon as you don't want to clone 95% of code it's required to be that abstract.

@jordan4ibanez thanks for the compliment I'm just not sure I really got what you wanted I've been a little bit busy last weeks so I probably missed something. First of all is there 3d model code added in minetest?

If so am I right you requested a 3d mob behaving similar to those jumping nerving things in minecraft bouncing ?
BTW in 2d this mob is already possible with animals mod rat's do random jumps using acceleration values setting right values in the movement pattern most likely will result in a bouncing mob.
Last edited by sapier on Mon Mar 12, 2012 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Mon Mar 12, 2012 22:11

sapier wrote:@Jordach I'm sorry to tell you but all that chunky code you're talking about is REQUIRED to create a mob. True it's not always perfectly shaped and some things are more complex than necessary for only ONE mob but as soon as you don't want to clone 95% of code it's required to be that abstract.

@jordan4ibanez thanks for the compliment I'm just not sure I really got what you wanted I've been a little bit busy last weeks so I probably missed something. First of all is there 3d model code added in minetest?

If so am I right you requested a 3d mob behaving similar to those jumping nerving things in minecraft bouncing ?
BTW in 2d this mob is already possible with animals mod rat's do random jumps using acceleration values setting right values in the movement pattern most likely will result in a bouncing mob.

yes that's exactly what i requested..could you just make a basic "mob" mod that functions like the rat and vampire combined? only it jumps around randomly to walk and if a player comes within 10-15 blocks of it..it locks on like the vampire and "hops" towards them? i mean you only have to make the mob 1 entity block that collides with objects and damages players like vampires do! :D idk i just thought this would be a cool idea to make another version of this mod with one stand alone "proof of concept"

sapier

by sapier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 22:17

funny first the mobs have been included as proof of concept within animals and everyone wanted a more generic design now it's more generic everyone requests a more specific one ;-)

the mob you're talking about is already possible by combining mob settings so it's just a matter of adjusting parameters. If I've got time I'll add it in next version. I'm about to extract environment checks from movement generator to enable mobs to stay on a prefered surface eg cows and sheep on meadow while eg scorpions (don't exist atm) stay on sand

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Mar 13, 2012 00:38

sapier wrote:funny first the mobs have been included as proof of concept within animals and everyone wanted a more generic design now it's more generic everyone requests a more specific one ;-)

the mob you're talking about is already possible by combining mob settings so it's just a matter of adjusting parameters. If I've got time I'll add it in next version. I'm about to extract environment checks from movement generator to enable mobs to stay on a prefered surface eg cows and sheep on meadow while eg scorpions (don't exist atm) stay on sand

i think i will :D and you should do that..unless they are targeting a player then the scorpion goes to the nearest sand block :D

sdzen

by sdzen » Tue Mar 13, 2012 00:54

jordach im telling you mostly the lag surfacing from the animals mod rests in its high res textures!
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

sapier

by sapier » Tue Mar 13, 2012 22:45

Ok as lagging seems to be a big problem with animals mod I'm going to investigate this issue first instead of creating a bouncing ball mob. If anyone can provide additional information about what triggers lag please tell me.

If it's hi res textures only I'd probably add a low res textures config switch to animals mod
Last edited by sapier on Tue Mar 13, 2012 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 00:46

i always get the "gull" animal most of the time fails to load the texturre, thats what think the problem is because i just addd a couple animal i liked from the mod without it and it does run considerably better, i could be wrong but thats what ive encountered with this mod.
Keep calm and code python^_^

MilanFIN

by MilanFIN » Wed Mar 14, 2012 16:46

I need help with installing this mod...

1. I have the animalmaterials mod and this Aminals mod...
2. I know the animalmaterials mod has to be put in the /data/mods folder in the server
3. What do I have to copy from the animals mod folder to leave the non peaceful mobs away???

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 17:37

MilanFIN wrote:I need help with installing this mod...

1. I have the animalmaterials mod and this Aminals mod...
2. I know the animalmaterials mod has to be put in the /data/mods folder in the server
3. What do I have to copy from the animals mod folder to leave the non peaceful mobs away???

the two things you need
1- animals mod( extract everything form this ex:animal,animal_dm,animal_gull...yatta yatta")
2-animals materials- extract this to mods folder jut the same animals_materials.

or you could download my server pack with animals mod and several other mods working,
link in sig.
I
I
I
\ /
down here
its on my private server thread
Last edited by Death Dealer on Wed Mar 14, 2012 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Keep calm and code python^_^

MilanFIN

by MilanFIN » Thu Mar 15, 2012 17:23

This might be more about the animalmaterials mod, but how do I make different color wool? I have white from the sheep.

sapier

by sapier » Thu Mar 15, 2012 17:57

animals mod doesn't support different colors of wool but there might be some other mods that use animalmaterials as crafting source for colored wool

MilanFIN

by MilanFIN » Thu Mar 15, 2012 18:20

ok, what are these then, and how to get 'em...
feather
scale_white
scale_grey
scale_blue
scale_golden

I got the feather, but the rest?
Last edited by MilanFIN on Thu Mar 15, 2012 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

sapier

by sapier » Thu Mar 15, 2012 21:35

at least one of them is available by killing a fish ... and used for undead trap

sapier

by sapier » Thu Mar 15, 2012 21:47

A new version of animals mod is available there have been some code reorganizations so please try it there may still be bugs!

I've done some performance improvements, those of you who recognized major lag please report if there were any visible improvements.

Spawning code was heavyly modified please look out for problems in this region.

Movement may be affected by environment check changes if movement differes from previous versions please tell me.

Thanks to all who are testing!

MilanFIN

by MilanFIN » Fri Mar 16, 2012 19:34

I got unknown block while looking that clownfish in this new version

I mean I see a lila block whitch has text unknown block. I have that fish in my house in water so :D, in 1.0.0 it was seen.
Last edited by MilanFIN on Fri Mar 16, 2012 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

sapier

by sapier » Fri Mar 16, 2012 20:02

oops clownfish mod is missing in 1.1 Im re-adding it to 1.1.1 as quick solution just take the clownfish mod from 1.0.0 it's working without modification

celeron55

by celeron55 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 09:36

Missing license information; please fill in ASAP.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases