[Mod] Landmines [explosives]

epsilon5

[Mod] Landmines [explosives]

by epsilon5 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 18:27

Explosives Mod
This mod adds 4 types of land mines to minetest; normal proximity mines, bouncing proximity mines, and remotely activated varients of each. This is my first mod : ) so some of the code may not be optimized perfectly. Feel free to contribute to the project through github and in your comments.

Licence:
GNU GPL v3

Depends:

Download:
https://github.com/lordcirth/minetest-moretraps
(it is the folder titled explosives in the moretraps repository)

screenshot

Proximity Mine:
This mine explodes when a player or other entity is at least 5 block from it. If the path from the mine to the player is not obstructed by any other blocks (or nodes, whatever you call them), it will damage the player based on it's proximity to the mine. To activate it, you punch it and wait ten seconds. The indicator light on top will change colour when it is active.

Bouncing Proximity Mine:
This mine explodes when a player or other entity is at least 5 block from it. When it detects a player, the mine jumps about 2 blocks in the air, and .5 seconds later, detonates, damaging the player or entity if the path to the object is clear. The mine destroys the nodes above it before it jumps into the air. This allows you to bury it, and then have it jump out of the ground when a player is near it. To activate it, you punch it and wait ten seconds. The indicator light on top will change colour when it is active.

Remote Mine
This mine has the same damage as the proximity mine, and has the same blast radius, but it detonates when a remote within 30 meters is punched by a player. You do not have to punch the mine to activate it.

Bouncing Remote Mine
This mine works similar to the bouncing proximity mine, but it detonates when a remote within 30 meters is punched by a player. You do not have to punch the mine to activate it.

Remote
When punched, this detonates all remotely activated mines of any type within 30 meters. It stays transmitting for a few seconds and then turns off automatically.

Gunpowder
This is used to craft different mines

Crafting Recipies:
I = stick
0 = coal
g = gravel
si - steel_ingot
mc = mese crystal
nm = normal mine
bm = bouncing mine
gn = gunpowder

Gunpowder:
g
g 0 g
g
Normal Proximity Mine:
si
si gn si
si
Bouncing Proximity Mine:
nm
gn
Remote Normal Mine:
I
nm
Remote Bouncing Mine:
I
bm
Remote:
I
si mc si
si si si

sorry about the crafting recipies, but I could only post one URL, so I could not link to the crafting images.

ufa

by ufa » Fri Jul 19, 2013 19:56

Nice, will check today :)

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 20:22

Wow! Very awesome! May I add to my camouflage mod? I will of course give credit and link to this page. Please?!

Edit: Has a page on my camouflage mod wiki: https://github.com/DanDuncombe/camo_latest/wiki/Mines
Last edited by Dan Duncombe on Sat Jul 20, 2013 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

musicfreak34

by musicfreak34 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 22:17

really awesome
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)

epsilon5

by epsilon5 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 03:11

@ dan douncombe
you can use it for whatever you want :)

Return to Mod Releases