[Mod] Locked Travelnet [locked_travelnet] (for PvP-servers)

Sokomine

[Mod] Locked Travelnet [locked_travelnet] (for PvP-servers)

by Sokomine » Tue Dec 17, 2013 04:34

This is a special version of my travelnet mod, combined with my locks mod. It adds a shared locked travelnet similar to the shared locked chests from the locks mod - that is, you do need a key or keychain to use that particular travelnet. Also you either have to be the owner or given permission to use that box.

The travelnet has - in contrast to the normal one - a more orangeish color (thanks to VanessaE for that!). Elevator and elevator doors are not (yet?) available.

Please do not use the mod on servers that are dedicated to building. It would be annoying there. This is purely for those servers that want to have PvP.

Version: 1.0
Liszence: GPLv3 for code; WTFPL for textures (done by VanessaE)
Depends: * travelnet
* locks
Download: https://github.com/Sokomine/locked_travelnet/zipball/master
Browse code: https://github.com/Sokomine/locked_travelnet
Last edited by Sokomine on Sat Mar 21, 2015 23:41, edited 3 times in total.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Topywo

by Topywo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 13:29

Nice combination!

Sokomine wrote:Please do not use the mod on servers that are dedicated to building. It would be annoying there. This is purely for those servers that want to have PvP.

Using it on a server dedicated to building might be useful to keep unwanted guests from an area 'under construction'.

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by Topywo on Tue Dec 17, 2013 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Dec 17, 2013 18:18

Topywo wrote:Using it on a server dedicated to building might be useful to keep unwanted guests from an area 'under construction'.

There might be a few limited legitimate uses on a server dedicated to building. In the end, I'm afraid there would be people who'd abuse it by making everything private and by taking the spirit of a pvp server to those creative ones. Usually, a sign "under construction" ought to be enough at a construction site.

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Wed Dec 18, 2013 03:25

Awesome!

Unfortunately, an "under construction" sign isn't enough to keep many people away. Maybe have it so that there is a special priv allowing people to access any locked travelnet?
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio or CraigyDavi
In-game: davisonio or CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 15:42

Nice.

stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 23:58

hmm mabey a priv with the name of the travel net network that is granted to the owner and only the owner and people admins with the alltnet priv can share or use the travelnet network

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Dec 20, 2013 19:51

Enke wrote:Maybe have it so that there is a special priv allowing people to access any locked travelnet?

Such a priv exists already: Grant "openlocks" in order to use the travelnet, or "diglocks" (additionally allows to dig the protected travelnet). The priv extends to all shared locked objects from my locks mod.

Sokomine

Re: [Mod] locked_travelnet (for PvP-servers only!)

by Sokomine » Fri Sep 12, 2014 16:42

Re-added screenshot.

Danfun64

Re: [Mod] Locked Travelnet [locked_travelnet] (for PvP-serve

by Danfun64 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 04:00

I know this is a necrobump, but I am having trouble configuring the locked travelnet. I can work the regular one just fine. I have a key, but when I right click on the private travelnet box all I get is the standard travelnet menu, which is useless. I once got it to work properly, but I don't remember how. Got any suggestions?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Aug 20, 2016 21:43

The locked travelnet does work again now and doesn't close its formspec prematurely. You'll need the current version of the travelnet mod as well in order for it to work.

poikilos

GitHub: poikilos
In-game: poikilos

by poikilos » Fri Mar 24, 2017 14:42

Now that minetest_game has keys, and node ownership is rather standardized, is there any chance you might:

use minetest_game's new keys (right click on teleporter with skeleton key to transform the key) instead of locks mod, if this is possible with custom nodes such as travelnet
* if behavior of locks can be customized, perhaps make all teleporters or elevator boxes in that specific network work with the key when you right-click with the skeleton key

OR

use protection (use whatever ownership checking method protector:door_* uses, which somehow works with both ShadowNinja's areas and protector:protect* nodes):

one way to do protected teleporter (permission to configure, & also to use either source or destination):
* only someone who has permission to the node can configure it.
* anyone can use it unless perhaps source OR destination is in an area to which the person does not have permission

another way to do protected teleporter (permission to configure; easier to program?):
* only someone who has permission to the node can configure it.
* users are instructed to put teleporter in protected area but not in enclosed area where they want to prevent entry

Return to Mod Releases