[Mod] Meshnodes [0.3.0] [meshnode]

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [Mod] Meshnodes [0.3.0] [meshnode]

by texmex » Fri Feb 10, 2017 20:44

Looks good stu! Will go ahead and try your mod out, just found out about it.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

stu

GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 22:09

texmex wrote:Looks good stu! Will go ahead and try your mod out, just found out about it.

As it happens I have just posted a video for this, what are the odds someone would have bumped this post? :-D

texmex

by texmex » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:19

Took the mod for a spin. It works quite well. The glue tool seems much more intuitive than the former method, so stick(y) with that. I tried to glue on a ladder, but it didn't follow the rest of the vehicle.

I had an issue that left the whole structure almost transparent when restoring a vehicle to regular blocks. Their still slightly visible however. I tried to reproduce, but couldn't. The blocks are breakable but gives no item back.
+ Spoiler

There's also a visual bug on fences as soon as their glued.
+ Spoiler
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

stu

by stu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 15:45

texmex wrote:I tried to glue on a ladder, but it didn't follow the rest of the vehicle.

Ladders are wallmounted and therefore not currently supported, however, I may consider making them an exception.

texmex wrote:I had an issue that left the whole structure almost transparent when restoring a vehicle to regular blocks. Their still slightly visible however. I tried to reproduce, but couldn't. The blocks are breakable but gives no item back.

That's very strange, I have not seen anything like that in my tests. If you do find a way to reproduce this please let me know.

texmex wrote:There's also a visual bug on fences as soon as their glued.

That looks like it could have something to do with the texture pack, could you tell me which one you are using?

Thank you for the report.

texmex

by texmex » Sat Feb 11, 2017 17:01

I'll see if I can reproduce the bug when I play with it next time. I use the Good Morning Craft TP.

This mod would become really useful for me when several players can ride the vehicles, but I've understand that is a very unsupported feature in the engine itself.

stu

by stu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 18:19

texmex wrote:I'll see if I can reproduce the bug when I play with it next time. I use the Good Morning Craft TP.

This mod would become really useful for me when several players can ride the vehicles, but I've understand that is a very unsupported feature in the engine itself.

Thank you, I have just pushed an update that should hopefully fix the issue with fences.

Update: Regarding the other issue, I am guessing it could have been caused by trying to restore the model in an unloaded area so I have now added a patch which prevents that.

Passenger support is on my todo-list but I am not yet sure how that's gonna work.

Cage

by Cage » Sun Mar 05, 2017 05:17

Great mod. I often wished there was a way to carried an infinite chest around, and now I have a way to do it.

Melkor

by Melkor » Sun Mar 05, 2017 20:39

I recently discover this and is awesome, i was waiting something like this since the Airship mod from Pavel_s, having fun, moving thing like small houses haha, sadly is not possible to use door or alike in this mode and the meshnodes have no collision except for the controller so it can can con trough everything.
Can be really great having different types of meshnodes, for example aside from the one that can fly(airships), another that only can float in water(boats), another only road(cars), etc

Previous

Return to Mod Releases