[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 08:25

thetoon wrote:That's probably why we should keep MT at a respectable distance from MC. There's no way a "pixel to pixel" clone could be perfect.

I don't think we should. Like Jouster27 said, MT already have features that MC doesn't have.
So, If it would be possible to reimplement MC features for MT - those features will be made some day as a mods. Then MC would be a crappy spin-off *sinister laughter*

I'm not for changing the default game of MT. I'm for the opportunity to have MC features (like animated wielditem textures ant eating animation).

Also, It would be nice to hear from those for whom MT was the 1st sandbox which features they miss in MC. Jouster27, could you create a new topic in the offtopic and hear your experience and possible caused by "MT-imprinting" problems/things that you miss :)

thetoon

by thetoon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 08:44

4aiman wrote:Then MC would be a crappy spin-off *sinister laughter*

They are a few years ahead of us, with a bit more "horsepower". So no, I don't think that'll ever happen.

I'm not for changing the default game of MT. I'm for the opportunity to have MC features (like animated wielditem textures ant eating animation).

I'd love that too, but I do think it should be a low-priority goal for MT. Living its own life (and, with regards to games, an original, MT-only, game concept) is much more important IMHO.

Also, It would be nice to hear from those for whom MT was the 1st sandbox which features they miss in MC.

I'm part of them, and quite frankly I still play MC from time to time, and there's no way they could compare. MT is free-as-in-speech, free-as-in-no-java-inside, it runs almost "as-is" on mobile devices. These are MT's strengths. MC, on the other, has months of polish, tweaking and balance we can't afford (yet?). Not to mention they DO have great mods too (just their modding environment is a complete joke, but that's not what end-users care about). It's not about features - MT could end up having them all - it's about everything else.

I'd love to see "MC redone in MT", but I'd also - if not more - love to see much different projects "done in MT" : seafaring, zeppelin-flying, first-person-shooting, racing, climbing-to-the-moon, and so on... The sky's the limit, and in MT that's quite a couple of chunks up there.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 09:21

Like your entire post and see your point. I have a different one, though. But can live with that happily.
The only thing I'd like to comment:
thetoon wrote:These are MT's strengths.

Freedom is not the first thing to consider for many players where I live. I could've tell quite a lot, but rather refrain from it. :) I only ask of you to not make any assumptions about this, please.

Anyway, it would be great to hear from Blockmen about ToDos

thetoon

by thetoon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 09:43

4aiman wrote:Like your entire post and see your point. I have a different one, though. But can live with that happily.

Likewise.

Freedom is not the first thing to consider for many players where I live.

Neither where I live, nor anywhere around our good old non-cubic world : I haven't put MT's strengths in any particular order.

Still, it's a strength, even if most people won't see it directly (but will enjoy, for instance, not having to pay for it).

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 14:37

Update! Version 1.1 released

Changelog:
- new mob: sheep
- fixed crash caused by unknown node
- fixed spawning, added spawn limit
- fixed weapon & tool damage
- tweaked and restructured code
- ghosts only spawn on grass and desert-sand blocks
- ghosts have now 12 HP (instead 15 HP)
- zombies don't jump over fences anymore

The drops are not changed yet, will be done next version.

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Thu Mar 13, 2014 17:18

awesome ...

more mobs... like cows, pigs and spiders ;)
Last edited by cHyper on Thu Mar 13, 2014 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 17:46

AMMOnym wrote:Bigs?

Phoebe could've tell you more about them.
*Ignore me*

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Thu Mar 13, 2014 17:54

with version 1.1 no mob spawns ... are there any problems? i use latest dev version!
--------------------------------------------------------

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 18:50

cHyper wrote:awesome ...

I dont think i want add pigs or spiders right now. But since "more mobs" means more lags aswell the future mobs have to be chosen wisely. Or i will provide other animals as modules/addons. Dont know yet. Next version will include (possible fixes), and tweaking of current mobs.

cHyper wrote:with version 1.1 no mob spawns ... are there any problems? i use latest dev version!

Thats strange. I tested right now with lastest git (commit:e4d1970ab) and all three mobs spawn in world. even with MT 0.4.8 they seem to spawn normal...

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 20:00

When a sheep spawns, it gives me this error:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: Spawned creatures:sheep at (-4,3.5,-14)
15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: in function <...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:161>
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 20:30

Evergreen wrote:When a sheep spawns, it gives me this error:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: Spawned creatures:sheep at (-4,3.5,-14)
15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: in function <...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:161>

Should be fixed here: https://github.com/BlockMen/creatures

EDIT: Download (first post) also updated
Last edited by BlockMen on Thu Mar 13, 2014 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 21:53

Still a bug:

17:53:03: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:238: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
17:53:03: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
17:53:03: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 09:06

Evergreen wrote:Still a bug:

17:53:03: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:238: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
17:53:03: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
17:53:03: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'

Oh, well. But now its fixed ;)

AMMOnym

IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Fri Mar 14, 2014 14:14

Please can you add this two classic monster : Oerkki and Dungeon Master ?
Last edited by AMMOnym on Fri Mar 14, 2014 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

philipbenr

GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 14:38

BlockMen wrote:
cHyper wrote:awesome ...

I dont think i want add pigs or spiders right now. But since "more mobs" means more lags aswell the future mobs have to be chosen wisely. Or i will provide other animals as modules/addons. Dont know yet. Next version will include (possible fixes), and tweaking of current mobs.

cHyper wrote:with version 1.1 no mob spawns ... are there any problems? i use latest dev version!

Thats strange. I tested right now with lastest git (commit:e4d1970ab) and all three mobs spawn in world. even with MT 0.4.8 they seem to spawn normal...

You know, you could add extensions to this, like have the basic, and then you have to download more if you would like more mobs.
"The Foot is down!"

heavy gale

GitHub: heavygale
In-game: Max or heavygale

by heavy gale » Fri Mar 14, 2014 18:47

Overall a great mod, thanks BlockMen!

Is this how many sheeps and zombies are supposed to spawn?
[IMG1] [IMG2] [IMG3] [IMG4] [IMG5]

Why are the creatures blinking (light white and grey)?

It's really noisy with all the zombies in the underground. In some caves are many zombies, don't they ever despawn?

If I want to remove the mod, how to remove all remaining creatures and dropped flesh?
Last edited by heavy gale on Fri Mar 14, 2014 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Casimir

by Casimir » Fri Mar 14, 2014 19:22

I think in general it is better to separate the actual code for the mobs and the mobs themselves into seperate mods. So we can collaboratively work on the underlying code and have one unified mob mod, while everyone can use those creatures they want in their game (personally I like the old mobs).

heavy gale wrote:If I want to remove the mod, how to remove all remaining creatures and dropped flesh?

In the chat type "/clearobjects"
Last edited by Casimir on Fri Mar 14, 2014 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

heavy gale

GitHub: heavygale
In-game: Max or heavygale

by heavy gale » Fri Mar 14, 2014 20:20

There's still a problem with the ghost wenn a player leaves:
21:07:22: ACTION[ServerThread]: Max leaves game. List of players:
21:07:22: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ...est-minetest-db98ef6/bin/../mods/creatures/ghost.lua:280: attempt to index local 'p' (a nil value)

"/clearobjects" removes all objects minetest doesn't recognize because I removed the according mods? nice :)
Last edited by heavy gale on Fri Mar 14, 2014 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

klappspaten

by klappspaten » Fri Mar 14, 2014 20:27

heavy gale wrote:"/clearobjects" removes all objects minecraft doesn't recognize because I removed the according mods? nice :)

No, it removes ALL objects, e.g. uncollected saplings lying around or items thrown away. It will also remove placed carts, cars, boats, etc - all objects.

NyankoSensei

by NyankoSensei » Sat Mar 15, 2014 08:24

Nice, this update work really fine with 0.4.9, thanks for your work, just 1 ask, how i can increase mobs damage ?

dethegeek

by dethegeek » Sat Mar 15, 2014 16:04

Hi

I could not follow this topic since some time. ( For reference : https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=131202#p131202 )

I'll try the latest version of your mod and report back if this solves my issue. Thanks for your work.

For your information I'm using the latest release of minetest : 0.4.9 stable

Sorry for the soooo long delay.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 17:03

heavy gale wrote:Why are the creatures blinking (light white and grey)?

I'm not sure, how it's now, but back in the 0.4.5 days these was caused by the "same mesh=same light level" approach. So if one mob was in the shadows/underwater then all others which shared the same mesh started to blink or went dark grey...

dethegeek

by dethegeek » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:52

Hi

I just give a try with version 1.1 beta.

The sheeps are funny :D

The bug I had with 1.0 is still there. I observed it with sheeps. I found they are lots of sheeps in a very small and delimited area. This seems happen when I'm moving with free mode enabled (I'm the administrator of my server).

If I logon during the night, the framerate is below 4 FPS even when I stay in a house. I did not tried to go out, because I did not wanted to be killed. The game is unplayable and I could not protect myself agains zombies and ghosts.

I'll create a new world to do some tests need.ed.

I also noticed there are some sheeps in caves, and sometimes they are black, probabli due to the same bug described earlier.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:59

dethegeek wrote:I also noticed there are some sheeps in caves, and sometimes they are black, probabli due to the same bug described earlier.

Perhaps those in caves fell down there. As for the black sheep: They might be stuck in blocks. Try to dig those blocks (most of the time it's dirt), and they'll turn white again.

I observed an "invasion" of sheep as well. There where quite a lot roaming around even after a short time.

And: There needs to be a way to sheer them without causing panic to the poor sheep!
A list of my mods can be found here.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 14:16

Since i have no idea yet why it cotinues to spawn that much mobs i cant fix it right now, sorry.
Here a "mod" that removes at least all creatures mobs in the world (if you cant use /clearobjects for some reason)
Attachments
remove_creatures.zip
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Last edited by BlockMen on Sun Mar 16, 2014 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Mar 16, 2014 18:54

Btw, real black sheep might be something new. Most mobs mobs do have sheep of some kind...but none has a black one :-) I don't want those crazy thrown-in-a-pot-with-dye-sheep from Minecraft. Just the usual colors that come naturally with sheep :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Mar 16, 2014 20:24

Sometimes the server crashes when the ghosts punches someone,
20:17:00: ACTION[ServerThread]: Player Angels_den punched by LuaEntitySAO at (56.6735,4.98,-62.9891), damage 1 HP
20:17:00: ACTION[ServerThread]: Player shadowzone punched by LuaEntitySAO at (-28.1919,2.5,-24.209), damage 1 HP
20:17:02: ACTION[ServerThread]: Angels_den leaves game. List of players: Jordach Daven shadowzone Doctor twoelk
20:17:02: ACTION[ServerThread]: Jordach leaves game. List of players: Daven shadowzone Doctor twoelk
20:17:02: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\creatures/ghost.lua:280: attempt to index local 'p' (a nil value)
20:17:02: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
20:17:02: ERROR[main]:     ...\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\creatures/ghost.lua:280: in function <...\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\creatures/ghost.lua:119>

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 21:11

Sokomine wrote:I don't want those crazy thrown-in-a-pot-with-dye-sheep from Minecraft.

Actually there's ~15% chance for a black sheep to spawn naturally...

Jordach wrote:Sometimes the server crashes when the ghosts punches someone,

Isn't that because you've left and the mod tried to getpos() of your player?
Try to get hurt and then Ctrl+C your client to confirm.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Mar 16, 2014 23:40

4aiman wrote:
Sokomine wrote:I don't want those crazy thrown-in-a-pot-with-dye-sheep from Minecraft.

Actually there's ~15% chance for a black sheep to spawn naturally...

Jordach wrote:Sometimes the server crashes when the ghosts punches someone,

Isn't that because you've left and the mod tried to getpos() of your player?
Try to get hurt and then Ctrl+C your client to confirm.
Angel left the game AFTER being punched by the ghost, so it does appear to be something else.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 05:53

Jordach wrote:Angel left the game AFTER being punched by the ghost, so it does appear to be something else.

Message about leaving doesn't show the exact moment I leave even in singleplayer. And Angel had logged out just 2 seconds after was punched.
Server lags + Lua execution speed + ping time could've make server think that one is still online even if one doesn't for 2 seconds.

I'm not the one to tell a developer anything regarding any code written for or used with MT.
I just had this kind of problems when was working on my version of tnt (although that was around a year ago). And when tnt punched me I was getting this kind of error and then was kicked out.

Anyway, there' should be a check for that "p" variable not being nil.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases