[Mod] Compass GPS [compassgps]

Kilarin

Re: [Mod] Compass GPS [compassgps]

by Kilarin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 20:57

Glad you are enjoying the mod!

Martno wrote:is there a way to erase the content of a marked map if I don't need that any more?

Hmmm, I don't think so, but that is a very good ideal. I don't have time to patch it right now, but if you want to offer a pull request, I'd certainly take it.

poikilos

GitHub: poikilos
In-game: poikilos

by poikilos » Mon Mar 14, 2016 13:28

Kilarin wrote:Compass GPS version 2.7
Echo created a compass mod back in 2012: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3785
PilzAdams made a modification of it, which I can not find the source to, I don't know how much of PilzAdams changes made it into the later versions of Echo's mod.

Here is the link to PilzAdam's fork of Echo's compass:
https://github.com/PilzAdam/MiniTest/tree/master/mods/compass

Please run a diff between echo and PilzAdam compass to see any improvements or bugfixes. However, he reduced compass updates so make sure it is still often enough for updating inventory compass texture.

Merak

IRC: Merak

Re: [Mod] Compass GPS [compassgps] Error

by Merak » Sat Nov 05, 2016 21:02

Error when using with Minetest from current Git head after 0.4.14 .
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'compassgps' in callback environment_Step(): Attempt to access external file /usr/local/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/sethome/homes with mod security on.
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'open'
ERROR[Main]:       /home/fakeusername/.minetest/mods/compassgps/init.lua:909: in function 'read_spawns'
ERROR[Main]:       /home/fakeusername/.minetest/mods/compassgps/init.lua:997: in function </home/fakeusername/.minetest/mods/compassgps/init.lua:994>
ERROR[Main]:       /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Sun Nov 06, 2016 02:12

Merak you need to go to the settings tab in minetest, advanced settings, and turn mod security off.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website.

Merak

IRC: Merak

by Merak » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:33

Thank you. Instead, I was able to list compassgps specifically in the settings, and thus in minetest.conf.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
secure.trusted_mods = compassgps

Previous

Return to Mod Releases