Find out mods that my world uses

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
UrkoM

Find out mods that my world uses

by UrkoM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 05:23

Hi everyone,

I want to share a world that I have on my computer with someone else. But the world was created with a bunch of mods activated. I can just add all the mods that I had turned on, but I think there are a few that I don't really need to include.

Is there any way to list which mods are actually used in a specific world? (i.e. the world has nodes belonging to that mod)

Thanks!

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: Find out mods that my world uses

by Calinou » Sun Oct 05, 2014 08:36

Typing /mods shows all the used mods, this doesn't mean you use their functionality though. There is no way to know that.

You can bundle mods in the worldmods/ directory (create if needed) of your world.

UrkoM

by UrkoM » Mon Oct 06, 2014 03:29

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, in the end, I have solved it through trial and error. Probably could get rid of one or two of the mods, but I think the recipients will want to have the mods eventually anyway.

OT: I just got into Minetest very recently, and I was just reading about Carbone today. Looks awesome! You are a rock star!

gamergardencat

by gamergardencat » Mon Oct 06, 2014 17:15

It would be nice if the unidentified nodes knew what mods created them or were used to created them.
superman slices a giant apple into 3 and hands it to guest220

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 17:32

gamergardencat wrote:It would be nice if the unidentified nodes knew what mods created them or were used to created them.

The item name for the unidentified node is still saved, for example "default:stone". You could work out from there.

Return to Minetest Maps