Time And Relative Dimensions In Minetest (sort of)

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
TheSuperTimelord

In-game: TheSuperTimelord

Time And Relative Dimensions In Minetest (sort of)

by TheSuperTimelord » Wed Dec 10, 2014 01:27

Hello. Today i wanted to share with you,my big spaceship! it is designed like a tardis, feels like a tardis, and even smells like a...I'm getting off topic. but there is one major flaw:its exterior dimensions match the interior. in other words, no bigger on the inside so that is why,until a future update,you are stuck inside the tardis. i will try to learn how to make actual functions and stuff such as time travel (manipulating world time) and space travel (cmd blocks or equivalent)
I have included the wiring mod that i use for decorations and lighting. i assume you all can install mods and worlds. if not, remember: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND! USE HIM! Please note that this world is limited in size and is probably not the best tardis map out there.
SUGGEST STUFF TO ADD! I ALWAYS WANT SUGGESTIONS!!!
edit: im stupid and forgot the link so here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pkdwohqlmyxz ... C785a?dl=0

paramat

GitHub: paramat

Re: Time And Relative Dimensions In Minetest (sort of)

by paramat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 04:01

You could use player teleportation to send players from a small police box to a sealed-off part of the world (best near the top y = 31000) that contains the tardis.

TheSuperTimelord

by TheSuperTimelord » Wed Dec 10, 2014 04:42

if i can figure out how, i will do that. thanks for the idea!
I don't want to go...

AMMOnym

IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Wed Dec 10, 2014 04:56

Hello,
I will do a "Tardis key", which will player have in inventore when he jon the server. When you click the ground with this key, it will spawn tardis in the y = 31000.

Also I can make some dungeons for cyber men and daleks ships etc, but I will need these mobs first.
For cybermen we do not need model because it looks like player or stone monster, but we need model for daleks. I will do that cybermen. They will spawn just in the their ships and dungeons(broken ships).
Please do not use meshnodes in this mod for now. I can not use them and I want to help you.

In the Tardis should be button, which will remove old tardis_node (outside one) and second button which make new one in the x=? z=? y=?

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 06:07

Good idea, then the smaller tardis exterior can travel around the world.

TheSuperTimelord

by TheSuperTimelord » Wed Dec 10, 2014 07:32

AMMOnym wrote:Hello,
I will do a "Tardis key", which will player have in inventore when he jon the server. When you click the ground with this key, it will spawn tardis in the y = 31000.

Also I can make some dungeons for cyber men and daleks ships etc, but I will need these mobs first.
For cybermen we do not need model because it looks like player or stone monster, but we need model for daleks. I will do that cybermen. They will spawn just in the their ships and dungeons(broken ships).
Please do not use meshnodes in this mod for now. I can not use them and I want to help you.

In the Tardis should be button, which will remove old tardis_node (outside one) and second button which make new one in the x=? z=? y=?

Thanks for volunteering to join the TARDIS crew! your help will be much appreciated! currently it is just a map with no function but i am happy to help in creating a new mod!
I don't want to go...

PlasmaHam

In-game: PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Mon Dec 15, 2014 17:20

Not quite the USS Enterprise (huge Trek fan here), but the design is impressive. I like the look and agree that it would be better if you could somehow make it bigger on the inside than the outside. If you can somehow convert this into a functional mod with time travel and space travel, I would definitely download it.

Keep up the good work.
Live long and Prosper

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Mon Dec 15, 2014 19:35

PlasmaHam wrote:Not quite the USS Enterprise (huge Trek fan here), but the design is impressive.

If you can somehow convert this into a functional mod with time travel and space travel, I would definitely download it.

Keep up the good work.

Yay! An other Star Trek fan :)

Special effects are really missing in Minetest (example: moving very fast requires to load all mapblocks in between, which is quite annoying)
Something like a speed-blur and a target prediction would be amazing. (Also useful for wrap-warp-around worlds)
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Tue Dec 16, 2014 18:39

Sorry, I did not have time enough to work on this and I will not have time this week, but after that I will work on it

AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:14

Replace your tardis.mts in schems file.
Daleks can sometimes crash the game (Just restart the game and it will works again )

Place tardis key on the ground and right click it (more times)
It should spawn "tardis - inside" to y=pos.y+70
Attachments
tardis.zip
(903.72 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Return to Minetest Maps