(W.I.P.) Candlestick Park

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
superschizo

(W.I.P.) Candlestick Park

by superschizo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 16:13

Candlestick Park was the stadium where the San Francisco Giants and 49er's used to play. The Beatles also played there last concert there. I used to go there as a kid to watch baseball games and liked the place. As you can see from the pictures, I'm not even close to finished. The upper deck, luxury suites, outside, etc all need to be finished. I just thought that I would share my progress since it has taken so long.

I think I took in too much for me to handle with this map, because I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to finish this stadium. The field I used a combination of specifications for Candlestick Park I found online for the fences, and generic MLB field dimensions. The rest is guesswork molded around the field and pictures I could find online. The outside is green as it was in the 90's when I used to go there, although later in the 90's it got repainted orange or red for the 49er's who also played there.

DEPENDENCY: home decor mod

DOWNLOAD: Please scroll to the end of the thread for the most up to date download of the stadium. Below is the original download that I posted in December 2014...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/93men40svtx63 ... 9.zip?dl=0
Last edited by superschizo on Fri Jan 23, 2015 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: (W.I.P.) Candlestick Park

by Krock » Mon Dec 29, 2014 16:22

Amazing! I hope you used worldedit at some places.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Mon Dec 29, 2014 16:29

Oh Em Gee! That's a work of art! Hope you have the drive to finish!
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

TG-MyinaWD

GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Mon Dec 29, 2014 19:40

Now you don't see that everyday XD and I mean that I mean I never seen anyone wanted recreate something form there past And get it spot on.

This is amazing very well design.
I had the idea recreate Downtown Jacksonville, FL. what looked like in past but I drop the idea since Idk inside the buildings look like. But I might make something else. Maybe remake Shenmue I. or Dino Crisis.

But like ExeterDad said It is a Work of art.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Mon Dec 29, 2014 21:40

That is amasing!!! Great job!!

superschizo

by superschizo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 19:28

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it has encouraged me to work on it some more. Maybe later I will post screenshots of the progress, but the computer I'm posting from right now is too slow to enable full view range on this build.

Krock, I tried worldedit, but I didn't want to learn it. It messed up my lighting and I got frustrated. So this build has been entirely by placing individual blocks.

Candlestick Park is not usually mentioned in the same sentence as art in the baseball world, lol. It was a cold, windy, rowdy place that was generally hated by opposing players. Despite the time that has passed since the Giants played there, I still heard the announcers and commentators in the 2014 World Series bring up Candlestick Park and call it a dump lol. You would come in during the day while it was still warm, and then the sun would go down, the breeze off the bay would increase picking up all the trash into the air and swirling it in the field, and the fog would roll in making it very cold. I would bring a backpack with multiple layers of clothing to put on as it got increasingly colder. They even awarded medals to fans who stayed for extra-inning night games. Visiting players would have to enter the field under the bleachers, and there was the occasional problem of beer being poured on them. Still, I liked it and it left an impression on many people.

superschizo

by superschizo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 14:07

Here's the progress on Candlestick Park. I used the flatgen mod to make the baseball field, and I uploaded the field itself in a prior thread as MLB baseball field based on Candlestick Park or something like that. By now I've learned basic worldedit commands, which have been helpful. Here's a photo of the current stadium, and a reference photo. As you can see, I still have a lot of work to do. Once I get the seats and outside done, I'll need to find a blueprint or map of the tunnels inside, which I might have to contact San Francisco Parks and Recreation to get.

DOWNLOAD LINK (as of January 12, 2015)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p4v4heo662u07n/Candlestick%20Park%20backup%202015%2001%2012.zip?dl=0

REQUIRED MOD
The home decor mod is required to see the seats and such. EDIT: I have included an old version of home decor modpack (that I was using downloaded sometime last year) in the worldmods folder of the .zip file, in case you don't already have it.
Last edited by superschizo on Mon Jan 12, 2015 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Mon Jan 12, 2015 15:36

Looking so good! Keep up the awesome work!
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

superschizo

by superschizo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 14:11

I'm almost done with the stadium. I still need to add guard rails, the extendable bleachers behind right field, ramps, parking lots, etc. If I can get maps from the San Francisco Parks and Recreation, I'll add tunnels too.

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns9jxqi5n9wfq ... 9.zip?dl=0

DEPENDENCY
This mod requires the home decor mod, which is included in the zip file in the worldmods folder.

superschizo

by superschizo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 14:37

The world got corrupted so that an edge appeared that one could fall off of, so I pasted the stadium into a new world. Also I've changed the start location with the spawn mod, and made some progress on ramps and stairs and stuff.

If you are new to minetest, don't forget that you can press the R key to get full distance view and get rid of the fog. Here is what the start location looks like...

Here is another view of the progress...

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2qq28z8l8m14nr/Candlestick%20Park%20backup%202015%2001%2023.zip?dl=0

DEPENDENCY
This mod requires the home decor mod for proper seats, fencing, and lighting. A Jan 2015 download of the home decor mod is included in the worldmods folder of the download. If you are new to minetest and need help in pasting it to the right folder then follow the instructions here in this link http://dev.minetest.net/Installing_Mods If you still need help then pm me or let me know in the thread please.

superschizo

by superschizo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 19:26

Here's the current progress. I made the ramps bigger and there may be more ramps than in the last version posted.

Start location view...

View from above...

DEPENDENCY
This mod requires the home decor mod, of which a version from early January 2015 is included in the zip file in the worldmods folder.

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw1ue343z41u4ki/Candlestick%20Park%20backup%202015%2002%2008.zip?dl=0

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Sun Feb 08, 2015 20:05

So much work! Awesome!
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Tue Feb 10, 2015 18:46

Yes, it looks great!
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

WhiteKnight

In-game: BluAngel

by WhiteKnight » Fri Feb 20, 2015 00:59

This is AMAZING! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see it finished!

Return to Minetest Maps