Map

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
Minetest Sam

Map

by Minetest Sam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 08:56

Dear, map makers of minetest,

There is no collaboration between us and we make our own maps individually rather than being as a team.
Minetest forum has not got a lot maps and mainly they are based on puzzle,parkour or adventure.
So, I think we should collaborate and make a map which includes puzzle, parkour, adventure ,maze and horror (if possible).

I request all the map makers who are reading this to help us in making this map.
If you want to help than please do tell, I hope map makers join this,so,we can decide what the further action should be taken.

I only want to provide better experience for the minetest users and that is only possible if you help us.

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: Map

by kaadmy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 17:04

Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!
Although I'm a bad map maker, I like doing it; maybe you could start a private server that's invite-only with singlenode mapgen and worldedit?
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

twoelk

by twoelk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 19:47

You may find this old project of working on a shared non server based map interesting:
Tinas (This Is Not A Server)

please note that all links to ompldr will not work as ompldr is down since early may 2013.
have a look at the last posts on the second page of that thread to find some attached files of the last versions.

The Synchronize Worlds [WorldDiff] mod was used for the next experiment of sharing severless worlds called [worlddiff] Ninas

The project does have some issues so that some more interest by others might help in making it better.

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 08:24

kaadmy wrote:Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!
Although I'm a bad map maker, I like doing it; maybe you could start a private server that's invite-only with singlenode mapgen and worldedit?

Kaadmy, what kinds of map do you make ?

Ferk

GitHub: Ferk

by Ferk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:29

I think the main problem with this idea is organizing it so it would be possible to make changes as a team.

Git wouldn't be very good at storing / managing the big binary files that compose a map. If 2 persons work on different areas of the same world in their own separate copy, there may be conflicts when merging things together.

So in the end the only proper way to collaborate would be to make a server and export the map from the server.. and I guess many servers already do that, just that they may not post it in this forum section. And most servers are about survival, and not really about building an adventure world.

But I'd +1 the idea, and I would be happy to contribute on some mods or something for the map. Maybe I can write something to easily save/load sections of a map into schematics like I do in dungeontest, if this would help merging map sections from one world to another.

It would be awesome to make a huge open world adventure game composed by contributions from many people.
Last edited by Ferk on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:37

Thanks, first of all we need a team and let the team be ready then we will decide about how to collaborate and share the maps without any mess

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 13:58

I will be announcing the team on Saturday/Sunday .

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 18:32

Minetest Sam wrote:
kaadmy wrote:Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!

Kaadmy, what kinds of map do you make ?

I like mesecons/technic tricks and traps, cave hideouts, large warehouses, rural houses.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Wed Dec 02, 2015 09:47

We need someone who can make us a temporary server

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Wed Dec 02, 2015 16:36

Minetest Sam, not many people will give away a server just like that, without any kind of "reward", if you are not many people (up to 5), use Hamachi, or other similar service to start your own small server.

SuperPantsofDoom

In-game: aslar

by SuperPantsofDoom » Sun Dec 20, 2015 00:16

wold love to be on this team YAY

jan6

GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

by jan6 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 14:31

I love the idea of a shared map, especially since my version of minetest is unable to connect to any server,
but i'm unable save any worldedit files(says that it saved the file but no file ever appears)
i really hope that it won't be another project that just suddenly dies..... (no messages if it's alive or not,no updates on thread etc.)
Pixel art & music 4daWin!
I'm usually late for *great* things...
Growing up on Linux...
I know ,exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Tue Dec 29, 2015 15:12

Well it is not dead.We need someone to make us a server where everyone could work.

Thanks

jan6

GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

by jan6 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 18:57

Minetest Sam wrote:Well it is not dead.We need someone to make us a server where everyone could work.

Thanks

how much progress have you made, if any?
Pixel art & music 4daWin!
I'm usually late for *great* things...
Growing up on Linux...
I know ,exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

wilkgr76

GitHub: wilkgr76
IRC: wilkgr
In-game: wilkgr

by wilkgr76 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 01:25

It would be cool if we could to P2P "servers"...
I do not care.

Return to Minetest Maps