World not fully loading (rrrrrghh!) issues

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
forschlerjj

World not fully loading (rrrrrghh!) issues

by forschlerjj » Fri Jan 24, 2014 05:55

I've been building on a map I've created for weeks. I'm currently laid off from work so if can't stress enough that I've put more hours in building then I have put into any other game I've played on this planet. Like 80 hours a week for 4 long months. Ya I was nerding out a lot! My issue is I can't load my world. It sometimes loads after a while but spawns only pieces of the map. And nothing I added to it. Is there anyway anyone can help with this? I've seen rude comments about posting before reading all over the forum. Well I've searched since 8am and it's now 11:17pm and I'm going to lose my mind! I have no problem errors. Just the basic dummy image and could not open file texture ( then ) loaded mesh. Which I've seen a thousand times in the forum. It took a long time to mod 0.4.9 and place my texture pack but I got it and played for a few more days fine. Now I'm so frustrated at the time lost and map not loading I'm about to ditch the entire game completely. This is my 3rd map thi
s has happened to. The other times I wasn't making a 5 story 4 bedroom house with basement sub basement 8 car garage. Light house off the coast. Pools hidden room.... I could go on for a week about it. Please help me get up and running again. I've already have mine(blah)craft. And it doesn't come close to minetest in anyway except its stable. And after VanessaE's texture pack. I'll quit both before going back to craft. Also I have a lot of time these days and am very interested in helping coding the game but don't know where to begin.
J.J.f.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 06:26

Could you post the contents of your debug.txt?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio or CraigyDavi
In-game: davisonio or CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 18:40

Have you tried running the map with no mods?

You said it only spawns pieces of the map. Can you provide a screenshot?

A good way to communicate to people in real time is the minetest irc channel.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 00:28

I don't know why you can't load your world (fully).

Just 3 things I thought about:

- Does the same minetest load other worlds you have?
- Do you have enough disk space?
- Try installing the latest minetest-dev version and copy your world into it.

I hope you get back access to your world.

forschlerjj

by forschlerjj » Sat Jan 25, 2014 09:50

I've got it! :) kid errors... They mean no harm. Thanks for trying to help me through this. But with a file missing and placed elsewhere it wouldn't load properly. There is 2 videos of my world on YouTube. Just type in:

ForschlerjjMinetestPart1
Or
ForschlerjjMinetestPart2

In youtubes brower and tell me what you think. Could use some suggestions on what mods to use.
J.J.f.

Novacain

by Novacain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 23:22

forschlerjj wrote: Could use some suggestions on what mods to use.

well, what mods do you already have? some like moreores, moreblocks, and VanessaE's Homedecor mod are pretty much considered essential as they add some much needed versatility. also, some good mods are darkage (might need to modify the darkage stone bricks recipe to be compatable with moreblocks), mesecons allows some interesting contraptions, and technic is good to keep people on a multiplayer busy. also, unified inventory is a really great one to have, as it includes a craft guide.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Jan 26, 2014 00:32

For the sake of convenience, I will post the links to forschlerjj's two videos. Do be kind enough to watch them:
http://youtu.be/p72sS6f-BU0
http://youtu.be/wI1chv-Qab8

There are creative servers that you would very much enjoy playing on, forschlerjj. I will post the links to two very good ones:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4057
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7351

Return to Minetest Maps