minecraft ps3 maps into minetest?

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
superschizo

minecraft ps3 maps into minetest?

by superschizo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 19:03

I have minetest on linux on my PC's and minecraft on my playstation 3 and started a big build on the ps3. It is Candlestick Park (in baseball configuration) which is where the San Francisco Giants and San Francisco 49ers used to play, and where the Beatles had their last concert. It is scheduled to be demolished next year. Anyways, I've realized partway through that I should have done this in minetest from the start because the view is longer, I can share the map, I can keep the map longer since I won't have the ps3 forever, etc. I would prefer not to do the beginning calculations all over again, but when I got MCEdit working it would not load the ps3 map. My research is saying that minecraft ps3 maps can't be converted over to minecraft PC maps and thus over to minetest, but I was hoping that maybe somebody here would know of a method to do it that isn't too complicated.

philipbenr

GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

Re: minecraft ps3 maps into minetest?

by philipbenr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 04:38

I don't know if you saw this already, but this is a topic at the top of the maps section:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007

I don't know if this will work or not, but you just need the map. Try loading the file onto your computer then try. (If you can... as I said, I don't know. I don't own MC or know anything about it...)

Also, see if there is anything about MCEdit for the ps3...
I hope this was a little bit helpful... ;)

superschizo

by superschizo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 06:44

Thank you for trying to help. PS3 is short for playstation3, which is a video game console and not a PC. Maps on minecraft for video game consoles are not directly compatible with minecraft for the PC, so MCEdit in the link you gave can not read them directly. I already tried following the instructions in the topic you linked, but it didn't work because the program could not read the map. There is a workaround for converting the xbox360 minecraft maps to be readable by the PC version, but I couldn't find a workaround for the PS3 minecraft maps. I spent much of the morning yesterday trying to make it work.

In the afternoon I gave up and started over on minetest with the home decor and flatgen mods.

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 19:57

superschizo wrote:Thank you for trying to help. PS3 is short for playstation3, which is a video game console and not a PC. Maps on minecraft for video game consoles are not directly compatible with minecraft for the PC, so MCEdit in the link you gave can not read them directly. I already tried following the instructions in the topic you linked, but it didn't work because the program could not read the map. There is a workaround for converting the xbox360 minecraft maps to be readable by the PC version, but I couldn't find a workaround for the PS3 minecraft maps. I spent much of the morning yesterday trying to make it work.

In the afternoon I gave up and started over on minetest with the home decor and flatgen mods.

I'm pretty sure he knows what a PS3 is ;)

superschizo

by superschizo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 20:04

I explained it because he referred me to the thread for the PC version, which I had already indirectly referred to in my first post. I wasn't trying to be rude or condescending and I even thanked him for trying to help. I was just trying to be clear since I apparently hadn't been clear enough in my first post that I had already tried following the instructions in the thread he linked to and in that ps3 maps don't work on MCEdit as of this time.

Return to Minetest Maps