[Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

J-Block

by J-Block » Sun Feb 10, 2013 14:55

Well, it runs the mod but it won't spawn the map when I teleport to the netherworld.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:46

Hybrid Dog wrote:
J-Block wrote:Well, it runs the mod but it won't spawn the map when I teleport to the netherworld.
It's a problem of mapgen
Try to avoid "for x = minp, maxp"

Interesting, how would I do it then?
J-Block wrote:Well, it runs the mod but it won't spawn the map when I teleport to the netherworld.

I think you just have to wait a rather long time (like 30 mins)
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:49

Hybrid Dog wrote:
lkjoel wrote:Interesting, how would I do it then?
This is the problem.

Oh, so you're saying it's impossible to do it another way?
Last edited by lkjoel on Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:55

Hybrid Dog wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:This is the problem.

Oh, so you're saying it's impossible to do it another way?
You can only edit the source code that it works. PilzAdam did this with the flatland mod

Okay, I will do it in C, except it'll still be a mod ;)

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:45

AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

Do this work at, all for, xyz newest build? if not then that, maybe what the root to my problem is.

Oh and heres a screenshot of the it!
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:53

Likwid H-Craft wrote:AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

Do this work at, all for, xyz newest build? if not then that, maybe what the root to my problem is.

it takes like 20 minutes for the area to load depending on how fast you computer is.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 20:29

Likwid H-Craft wrote:AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

-snip-

It's because it's another world, so it has to be somewhere that no one would ever go to
jojoa1997 wrote:

-snip-
it takes like 20 minutes for the area to load depending on how fast you computer is.

Correct, for me it takes around 5-7 minutes

neron

by neron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 02:54

Is this mod still active?
Also, could you make almost an exact minecraft clone fork?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Fri Mar 01, 2013 03:12

neron wrote:Is this mod still active?
Also, could you make almost an exact minecraft clone fork?

Yes, just paused (working on 4 different projects, so I can't work on this one yet). And yes, I was heavily involved in blockplanet (which tried to do that), but then the whole team dispersed about a year ago, so no, I guess. But I'm not against the idea, just against the practice :P

neron

by neron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 03:34

Will blockplanet start up again? That's exactly what my friends and I are looking for - a minecraft clone.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Fri Mar 01, 2013 03:43

neron wrote:Will blockplanet start up again? That's exactly what my friends and I are looking for - a minecraft clone.

No, it stopped. If you're looking for a minecraft clone, you might want to try Maniac Digger.

vv221

by vv221 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 01:08

Are you planning to add a way to loot or craft the nether pearl without having to use the creative mode or the commands ?

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 17:55

This is copyrighted minecraft material!
Notch's reaction:
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a
person, he can't be fixed."

-Rick Riordan

Secret_Guy_3

by Secret_Guy_3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 22:11

Where do I get the nether pearl?
Map Maker and other stuff.

lonely

by lonely » Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:12

jordan4ibanez wrote:MFW i realized this is working right

LOL
Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.

lonely

by lonely » Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:15

jordan4ibanez wrote:MFW i realized this is working right
LOL
Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.

Josh

by Josh » Sun Jun 09, 2013 02:57

YoYoBuddy wrote:This is copyrighted minecraft material!
Notch's reaction:

Lol XD

meweb

by meweb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 20:35

I can create the sound recordhering for entering and exiting the nether.

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Mon Jun 10, 2013 21:18

meweb wrote:I can create the sound recordhering for entering and exiting the nether.

This mod is old and doesnt work AFAIK. You may want to look at my nether mod: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5790, I can add your sounds if you make them.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 23:58

Hybrid Dog wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
meweb wrote:I can create the sound recordhering for entering and exiting the nether.

This mod is old and doesnt work
why?

I doubt that it doesn't work, but it's definitely slow (lua is like the worst scripting language ever, in terms of speed, and yes, I do have some backing for that statement, AND alternatives... but, of course, people will say that I'm an idiot anyways, as always ._.)

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 00:06

lkjoel wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:This mod is old and doesnt work
why?

I doubt that it doesn't work, but it's definitely slow (lua is like the worst scripting language ever, in terms of speed, and yes, I do have some backing for that statement, AND alternatives... but, of course, people will say that I'm an idiot anyways, as always ._.)

What alternatives would you suggest? Luckily, LuaJIT was added to Minetest recently.

PilzAdam recently made his own nether mod, so you could assist him with it if you want to. Some of the nodes from your nether mod could end up in his nether mod if you choose to make a mod that supports his mod. I don't think PilzAdam would do anything with your mod, so that is probably your best option. Good luck. After all, the nether could use its own torches, trees, and even a unique ore (your nether pearl would make a good ore and could be crafted into netherpearl prisms and netherpearl tools.)
Last edited by Inocudom on Thu Jun 20, 2013 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Thu Jul 11, 2013 06:17

Inocudom wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:why?

What alternatives would you suggest? Luckily, LuaJIT was added to Minetest recently.

PilzAdam recently made his own nether mod, so you could assist him with it if you want to. Some of the nodes from your nether mod could end up in his nether mod if you choose to make a mod that supports his mod. I don't think PilzAdam would do anything with your mod, so that is probably your best option. Good luck. After all, the nether could use its own torches, trees, and even a unique ore (your nether pearl would make a good ore and could be crafted into netherpearl prisms and netherpearl tools.)

Yes, there are a couple alternatives: pawn (extremely fast, on average 2-3x slower than pure C), gamemonkey (on average about 2x faster than lua), angelscript (sometimes faster than lua, sometimes slower). I used pawn in other projects, and it's absolutely amazing!!

Yes, I know he did. I have my own opinion about him (it's quite strong), but yeah, I'm not working on this mod anymore, I left minetest completely (due to various reasons), and will not attempt to help it, or anything of it, in any way.

I hope you understand :)

big8666

by big8666 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:37

wHAt do i chage the name of the folder to because it comes up whith an error

Topywo

by Topywo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 13:59

Probably nether for the nether mod.

This version is old and didn't load fast/at all.

There's a another nether version made by PilzAdam:

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5790

Download, extract it in your mods folder, rename it from nether-master into nether.

MAXXD

by MAXXD » Sun Aug 25, 2013 20:04

O,O QUE BUEN MOD¡¡ ME ENCANTA :)

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 21:03

MAXXD wrote:O,O QUE BUEN MOD¡¡ ME ENCANTA :)

Although most people will probably understand, at least, the first part of your comment, it would be better if you write in English, so even more people will understand. ;)

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

tiffany1972

by tiffany1972 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 17:12

omg what was thaton my screen

IthegeekRS

by IthegeekRS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 00:10

It ruins all of the worlds I use it on! All it does is spawns you below the world over like 99 billion blocks down! I got to it on SURVIVAL and I had over 198 diamonds (I had 199) Dowwww....... (The Doh! before Doh!) *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*
By the way, I would love to help with any textures!*Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 14:39

IthegeekRS wrote:It ruins all of the worlds I use it on! All it does is spawns you below the world over like 99 billion blocks down! I got to it on SURVIVAL and I had over 198 diamonds (I had 199) Dowwww....... (The Doh! before Doh!) *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* [...]

This mod is in the Old Mods section for a reason
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 23:47

IthegeekRS wrote:It ruins all of the worlds I use it on! All it does is spawns you below the world over like 99 billion blocks down! I got to it on SURVIVAL and I had over 198 diamonds (I had 199) Dowwww....... (The Doh! before Doh!) *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*
By the way, I would love to help with any textures!*Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*

this mod is old so the mapgen is a peice of CRAP because of the old lua but this mod still works you just have to wait an exrusiatingly long time for the map to load

PreviousNext

Return to Old Mods