[Mod] Unified Inventory [1.0] [unified_inventory]

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 21:52

tkerwel wrote:hello
i download the mod from http://realbadangel.pl/unified_inventory.zip today (12.10.2012)

but when i run the mod i dont see the reffill or trash and what ever i try i cant get things from the inventory (left side) to my inventory (of player)

the rest is working fine, at least i can see the recipie's and what blocks are defined in the game thru mods..

is there anything wrong with the first link so that i have to use the other link ??

Trash/refill and adding the item works when youre in creative mode.

Btw, small udates to the mod, search is not case sensitive now.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Mon Dec 10, 2012 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

dannydark

by dannydark » Tue Dec 11, 2012 19:07

@RealBadAngel: Not sure if you've seen my issue I posted on github but thought I would post a few things here too.

Bugs:
- When some else adds a node or item into the refill slot anyone else on the server can see and take that item/node.

Feature requests: (some of these I already posted before, sorry)
- Make the search work like a ajax/automatic based search so that it will start searching as you type (then remove the search button)
- Make the search field not auto focus when inventory is opened
- Make the Set Day/Night buttons privilege based instead of gamemode based (see my pull request)
- If not in creative mode don't show search and items on the crafting screen (so it just shows your inventory, craft grid and output) obviously if you change to the crafting guide it would then need to show the items.

Thats pretty much all I can think of at the moment, keep up the great work ^_^

Temperest

GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 23:37

RealBadAngel wrote:i will check worldedit and specialities and try to find the way for them to work with UI
maybe i will add possibility to register new buttons (tabs) for them?

If there is an API exposed for registering tabs and the like, I've got the beginnings of a port of WorldEdit GUI to Inventory+, presumably it should not be too difficult to change it to use UnifiedInventory.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 07:25

dannydark wrote:@RealBadAngel: Not sure if you've seen my issue I posted on github but thought I would post a few things here too.

Bugs:
- When some else adds a node or item into the refill slot anyone else on the server can see and take that item/node.

- Make the search work like a ajax/automatic based search so that it will start searching as you type (then remove the search button)
- Make the Set Day/Night buttons privilege based instead of gamemode based (see my pull request)
- If not in creative mode don't show search and items on the crafting screen (so it just shows your inventory, craft grid and output) obviously if you change to the crafting guide it would then need to show the items.

Just uploaded new version with some fixes:
- fixed refill slot problem
- set time buttons require settime priv
- display regular item name in crafting guide

more changes to come

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 13:54

Another small but useful update, UI is now able to show alloy smelting and grinding recipes from Technic.
(Technic update to support UI coming shortly)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 14:53

Quick update after request by Zeg9 in IRC
When in surrival mode, pressing item list buttons, will switch to Crafting Guide and show selected items recipe.

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Wed Dec 12, 2012 15:38

With this mod, if i click an item on the right section, nothing happens.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 15:56

Kryuko wrote:With this mod, if i click an item on the right section, nothing happens.

Please be more specific. Youre in creative mode? surrival? What tab is selected?

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Wed Dec 12, 2012 15:59

I'm online in my server and i'm the admin.
I don't know how can i enter in the creative mode if i'm online.
I click in this section:
http://screencloud.net/v/lG0U
If i click an item, nothing happens.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 03:34

Kryuko wrote:I'm online in my server and i'm the admin.
I don't know how can i enter in the creative mode if i'm online.
I click in this section:
http://screencloud.net/v/lG0U
If i click an item, nothing happens.

server has to be made in creative mode
theres no way to switch creative on/off while in game

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30

what about ability to hide creative inventory in right side? it is useless in non-creative mode. and what about accessibility of craft guide, only when there is a new item "craft manual" (crafted with book and craft guide) in inventory (better, if in separate place)?
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

dannydark

by dannydark » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45

RealBadAngel wrote:
dannydark wrote:@RealBadAngel: Not sure if you've seen my issue I posted on github but thought I would post a few things here too.

Bugs:

Just uploaded new version with some fixes:
- fixed refill slot problem
- set time buttons require settime priv
- display regular item name in crafting guide

more changes to come

Great update ^_^ not sure if you have seen any of my messages on github (or my pull request etc) but I left the following message (decided to post it here in case you hadn't seen it as I had have no reply).

Message from GitHub:
"Nice to see that you have implemented the privilege based set time buttons, however, maybe I'm just nit picking but I would prefer to only have the set day/night buttons shown if the user has the settime privilege.

The way you have done it means the buttons will always be visible even for people without the correct privilege, if you see my pull request I just added the privilege check at the time of the buttons being created, Another thing is the buttons still won't show if you are in survival mode as you check if creative_mode is true before adding the set day/night buttons."

EDIT: If needed I can update my pull request.
Last edited by dannydark on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 17:20

The position of the button is temporary. Later on they will land on a bar with most used functions.
By now im testing the functionality, later on will go for look.

Another problem, about funcionality of items list in non-creative mode.
Its meant to be there all the time. I wont switch it on and off. because its gonna break my whole idea of Unified Inventory
Some fuctions can be used in creative, some in surrival. Item list is needed for both.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02

Can you add the ability to add stuff to your mod? what i mean is i want this mod but now i can't use my armor mod http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3730 because it was dependant in inventory plus
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 14:35

jojoa1997 wrote:Can you add the ability to add stuff to your mod? what i mean is i want this mod but now i can't use my armor mod http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3730 because it was dependant in inventory plus

surely, once its done i will document ways for modders to add another stuff

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 17:08

can't wait. your mod i best for creative :)
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 04:47

RealBadAngel wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Can you add the ability to add stuff to your mod? what i mean is i want this mod but now i can't use my armor mod http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3730 because it was dependant in inventory plus

surely, once its done i will document ways for modders to add another stuff

Any news? Also i think that you should have the added stuff like the Worldedit Gui and the Armor Gui go in the misc. section.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Sun Jan 06, 2013 07:51

Sorry to necro, but this is a great mod. Now if only someone could fix that little hiccup of having the display thumbs for blocks being mis-matched to the actual blocks. Wooden Planks is still shown with the water source thumbnail, etc. All in all, a good mod, though. :3

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 13:21

is there gonna be an update soon
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 13:24

could you add a gui with settable warp points. and we could make multiples cause we name them.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Thu Jan 24, 2013 13:27

When will this work you have unlimited blocks not, just stack for build a world?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 14:24

Likwid H-Craft wrote:When will this work you have unlimited blocks not, just stack for build a world?

I rather wont go that way. Im using creative to test surrival mods. So i do need default behaviour of all.
On the other hand gettin another stack is quite easy.

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Sat Feb 16, 2013 20:07

I've got some problems... When I click on the next page button on the graft guide of the inventory it shows me the page next the next... So I'm not able to view the even pages...

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Sat Feb 16, 2013 22:12

Matsetes wrote:I've got some problems... When I click on the next page button on the graft guide of the inventory it shows me the page next the next... So I'm not able to view the even pages...

maybe u have this mod twice in the mod folder...
then the next button show u the wrong page number...
--------------------------------------------------------

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 22:28

Is the button like this > or like this >> or this |>>
> means next page
>> means fast forward or skip a page
|>> this means go to end
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Topywo

by Topywo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 22:32

Another cause may be:

In post 1 is a line telling to:

Go to /games/minetest_game/mods and delete /creative folder from there.

legumev

by legumev » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:52

I have a few small problems with this mod. I use the 2/20 4d1 minetest build on Windows 7

1. to exit inventory, I need to hit esc (not a big issue, but different than expected)

2. This is more annoying: the craft guide part doesn't show recipes of basic items like tools, furniture (I have 3Dforniture mod), fence etc. It does show some recipes like lasso, travelnet, etc.

Note: I find the sethome button very handy!

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Sun Mar 03, 2013 15:38

Crafting guide will be fixed soon. I synced this UI with Technic's one.
Enjoy new features.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 13:03

I really like how this inventory system is setup.

• Bags to extend the inventory or to setup groups of materials (ie: this bag is for landscaping, this bag for roads and bridges, that bag for houses, and the other bag for making contraptions)
  • A crafting guide (a big help with so many mods and recipes to remember)
  • A search function (another helpful feature for those of us who use lots mods)

All this inventory goodness but I'm not having much luck with this mod at the moment in MT v0.4.6

I've tried the stand-alone version and the version in the Technic bundle... still not working.

Will the stand-alone version and this thread be maintained or will everything move over to the Technic thread?

I assume the crafting guide is still being worked on, as RBA stated.

When I click on the buttons for bags, the inventory below doesn't change (move to an empty bag).

I tried removing "creative" from the list in game.conf... still not working. Do I have to remove the "creative" folder from "common"?

Thanks for a much needed mod!
.: Minetest 0.4.14 ~ Linux Mint ~ A moka pot, a French press, a dirty coffee cup, and a spoiled-rotten kitty :.
Visit our Minetest server at: LinuxGaming2.com, port 30000
Screenshots, overview maps, and server info at: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5684
My blog: http://lazyjminetest.blogspot.com/

csbeav

by csbeav » Mon Apr 08, 2013 03:09

I have the same problem as LazyJ. Now in Minetest 0.4.6 there is a "common" folder in the /usr/share/minetest/games/ folder which contains the "creative" mod folder. If I remove the "creative" mod folder from the "common" folder then the game will not start. It gives the error "required creative mod not found". All of the default mods are now contained in the "common" folder. Can this be fixed by a simple edit to the inti.lua script inside the "unified_inventory" mod folder? Or is there a patch we can put in for this error? Also is there a way we can make this integrate with cornernote's Inventory_plus mod since some mods rely on cornernote's as a dependecy? It's nice to have the players armor options that Inventory_plus offers. However I cannot due without the misc. function of Unified Inventory.

Thanks for an awesome mod RealBadAngel. Let's make this work so it will be added as part of the default game.

~csbeav

PreviousNext

Return to Old Mods