[Modpack] NPC Framework [minetest-npcf] [WIP]

HeroOfTheWinds

GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

Re: [Modpack] NPC Framework [minetest-npcf] [WIP]

by HeroOfTheWinds » Mon Dec 01, 2014 19:09

Ikishida wrote:Hey man,can I Please use this for my Sword Art Online/Gun Gale Online Mod I wanna make a comeback mod

Since it's licensed as LGPL, there's no reason you can't. :)

SAO/GGO mod, eh? Seems like it could be cool.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

SAMIAMNOT

In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Tue Dec 02, 2014 01:37

I had this super wierd bug where the NPCs would dissappear afterabout 40 secs and made a sound like you were walking on grass when you place one. Is it me? Anybody else have this issue?
I test mines.

Ikishida

by Ikishida » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:
Ikishida wrote:Hey man,can I Please use this for my Sword Art Online/Gun Gale Online Mod I wanna make a comeback mod

Since it's licensed as LGPL, there's no reason you can't. :)

SAO/GGO mod, eh? Seems like it could be cool.

Ehh...might not be...you tell me.go to my profile and look for my topics,you can see my
SAO mod there.it's pretty lame.but,if I get permission for the guns mod,I could make
the guns and if I find an enchantment mod,maybe it'll work out! thanks for the comment though.

Shida out!

gumangel

In-game: LaA

by gumangel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 19:22

balthazariv wrote:
Esteban wrote:/npc remove npcsname

Okay, but if you had an option "destruct" in menu of each character, it would be easier for players who don't like command lines (like me ;-) )

try with kill them with a sword.it worked for me.but idk wich npc mod i do have for sure

GFX_Garage

GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

by GFX_Garage » Thu May 14, 2015 15:28

I really like this mod. I'm either having a problem or would like to suggest a new feature. I'm working on an adventure map and I was hoping to have npcs that display messages. This mod works well for that except that multiple information npcs all share the same text message. I can skin them all differently but they all sing the same tune. If I change it in one, the rest follow suit. Is this the how it's supposed to be; and if so, could it be changed?
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/

GFX_Garage

by GFX_Garage » Fri May 15, 2015 12:11

Ok, for some reason it's working today. I guess it was just me or something. All of the information NPCs have unique messages now. I don't know what happened. Maybe I did something that bugged it out. Anyway; I really like this mod.

Some of the NPCs did change their vertical position by one half snap. Three of them are now one half below where I placed them and one is one half above. I'll try using the setpos command to fix it.

Sorry for the confusion.
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

stu

GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Fri May 15, 2015 18:03

GFX_Garage wrote:Ok, for some reason it's working today. I guess it was just me or something. All of the information NPCs have unique messages now. I don't know what happened. Maybe I did something that bugged it out. Anyway; I really like this mod.

Some of the NPCs did change their vertical position by one half snap. Three of them are now one half below where I placed them and one is one half above. I'll try using the setpos command to fix it.

Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, let me know if the position problem persists and I will have a look at it. Unfortunately minetest's entity system has been known to be somewhat buggy and one of the main reasons I gave up working on this a long time ago.

I have, however, noticed that a few servers are actually using this so I will do my best to fix any genuine bugs in the mod itself.

GFX_Garage

by GFX_Garage » Sat May 16, 2015 03:14

[/quote]
No problem, let me know if the position problem persists and I will have a look at it. Unfortunately minetest's entity system has been known to be somewhat buggy and one of the main reasons I gave up working on this a long time ago.

I have, however, noticed that a few servers are actually using this so I will do my best to fix any genuine bugs in the mod itself.[/quote]

Thanks stu. :-)

It is persisting. It seems that the current version of minetest snaps nodes on the .5s on the y axis. The entities keep snapping to hole numbers. Sometimes they choose the one above and sometimes the one below. Other than that, it works pretty well. I hope this information is helpful.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Fri Jul 10, 2015 21:33

I dont know why but I cant blacklist nodes anymore.

EDIT: To expound, I cannot alter the blacklist text entry; that is, if I change it and hit enter or hit OK the changes are not saved when I right-click the NPC, IF I have already changed one entry. So, for instance, after blacklisting animals_modpack:wolf I could not come back and blacklist animals_modpack:bear, nor blacklist it in a new guard. Please help, this has led me to stop using your guards unless I want to attack players.
I test mines.

stu

by stu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 20:43

SAMIAMNOT wrote:I dont know why but I cant blacklist nodes anymore.

EDIT: To expound, I cannot alter the blacklist text entry; that is, if I change it and hit enter or hit OK the changes are not saved when I right-click the NPC, IF I have already changed one entry. So, for instance, after blacklisting animals_modpack:wolf I could not come back and blacklist animals_modpack:bear, nor blacklist it in a new guard. Please help, this has led me to stop using your guards unless I want to attack players.

There are some really nasty bugs and inefficiencies in the current version of this modpack.
I have, however, noticed that it is actually being used by a few people and so decided it deserved little love :3

Although not quite ready for public consumption yet, I have just pushed my 'next generation' branch upstream for testing purposes. This is pretty much a ground-up rewrite of the core so I'd be interested to read the findings of those who do.

https://github.com/stujones11/minetest-npcf/tree/npcf_ng (requires a recent dev build of minetest)

Note that there is now a new example mob npc, you probably wanna disable that one for now as it is hightly destructive! (you have been warned)

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Mon Jul 13, 2015 00:32

Thanks for updating the mod, stu. I really enjoy your mod.

Could you please make a toggle option for whether or not an NPC will be iinvincible r not?
I test mines.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 01:33

Thanks for continuing to work on this mod. It's a very fine one!
A list of my mods can be found here.

stu

by stu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 18:57

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Thanks for updating the mod, stu. I really enjoy your mod.

Could you please make a toggle option for whether or not an NPC will be iinvincible r not?

Well, the idea was that the included example NPCs are merely that; simple examples that you may use as a base for something more elaborate. To make an NPC into a mere mortal just set the appropriate armor groups in its registration and then make it unload when defeated. eg

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
armor_groups = {fleshy=100},
on_destruct = function(self, hitter)
   if self.npc_id then
      npcf:unload(self.npc_id)
   end
end,

Note that the above will only work with the npcf_ng branch for now. I will, however, try to improve the example mods a little before the forthcoming 0.2.0 release.

Sokomine wrote:Thanks for continuing to work on this mod. It's a very fine one!

You are very welcome and thank you for your support.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 19:01

Great!
Also, I'm building a sort of gladiator stadium and usuing your deco NPCs as spectators, and noticed that Deco NPC settings are universal for all NPC. I don't mind at all; it make things easier for me, but it's still a glitch.
I test mines.

stu

by stu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 19:05

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Great!
Also, I'm building a sort of gladiator stadium and usuing your deco NPCs as spectators, and noticed that Deco NPC settings are universal for all NPC. I don't mind at all; it make things easier for me, but it's still a glitch.

Are you talking about the npcf_ng branch or the current version? I am pretty sure I have fixed all those issues but then maybe I missed something. If you are not using the ng branch then I strongly recommend that you try it.
stu wrote:There are some really nasty bugs and inefficiencies in the current version of this modpack.
I have, however, noticed that it is actually being used by a few people and so decided it deserved little love :3

Although not quite ready for public consumption yet, I have just pushed my 'next generation' branch upstream for testing purposes. This is pretty much a ground-up rewrite of the core so I'd be interested to read the findings of those who do.

https://github.com/stujones11/minetest-npcf/tree/npcf_ng (requires a recent dev build of minetest)

Note that there is now a new example mob npc, you probably wanna disable that one for now as it is hightly destructive! (you have been warned)

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Fri Jul 17, 2015 00:28

I'm currently using the latest public release. I would upgrade to the NG branch but I am currently building a multiplayer world. Will the NG branch alter my existing NPCs, or, more importantly, their options (sit, stand, blacklist options, etc.)?
I test mines.

stu

by stu » Fri Jul 17, 2015 16:41

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Will the NG branch alter my existing NPCs, or, more importantly, their options (sit, stand, blacklist options, etc.)?

In theory, yes, I have tried to make it as backwards compatible as possible with the existing version but this has not been fully tested yet. I don't suppose it could do any real harm to try it though I would make a back-up first...and be sure to disable the mob npc (that may not be included in the release)

I should point out that the current version will probably not work with the next stable release of minetest, at least not without security exceptions. There are also some really nasty bugs in it as you are beginning to see with the deco npc.

Update: I just did some tests and it didn't work right away until I added some aliases. (see latest commit)
You may also find a lot of unknown objects floating about. These can be safely removed with /clearobjects but still be sure to make a back-up of your existing npc_data directory.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Fri Jul 17, 2015 20:08

Okay thanks.I will try them.
I test mines.

swordpaint12

In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 18:53

This mod is interesting and I just used them with mg villages.

Is there any way to get different skins?
Winter Cumicles
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.
Fruit!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:21

hey stu... you haven't linked in any 3d meshes for the builder or the info npc. I managed to change the lua files to use the decor npc mesh and it works fine but you might want to look into that. also the trading with the trader npc is broken

stu

by stu » Wed Jan 13, 2016 21:48

tinkerlevu wrote:hey stu... you haven't linked in any 3d meshes for the builder or the info npc. I managed to change the lua files to use the decor npc mesh and it works fine but you might want to look into that. also the trading with the trader npc is broken

Sadly this mod is very much out of date and the topic should probably now be moved to old mods.
It was a project that lost it's direction and now most of its 'features' are available via the api
If you want npcs then I would personally recommend the now much improved mobf npcs (animals modpack)

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:04

oh okay... well that's a shame :(

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 21:52

I had a problem with it, i loaded it up and the code worked just fine, but, the only SKIN that worked was the Gaurd skin. Also, do you have to type the entity name for the gaurd to attack it?
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

basil60

by basil60 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 06:56

Hi
thanks for the mod. I installed it without error, and I tried to run the command "/giveme npcf:builder_npc_spawner", but I got an error - "Cannot give an unknown item".
What have I missed? I'm after an info NPC to provide some help to players.

Basil

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:37

BTW I tried you mob and I love it! It's way better than before. The only thing is, the Mob is unbeatable. You can't kill it, and it won't stop following you. It'd be one thing if it just killed you like a zombie...but it's like a creeper with no weakness! Perhaps you should make it keep its distance if one of the guards are around?
I test mines.

tsukithecatgirl

by tsukithecatgirl » Thu Aug 18, 2016 22:15

How do i configure my game so that I can enable my downloaded mods? I have the mobile version.

Previous

Return to Old Mods