how to restore a corrupted world?

cesarpachon

GitHub: cesarpachon
IRC: hydalgo
In-game: hydalgo

how to restore a corrupted world?

by cesarpachon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 02:04

hello, I discovered minetest a few weeks ago, showed it to my 7 years old son and he quicky got involved in the game. we are ubuntu users. he had been working in a local world for days, we added mesecons, rails and slimes mods, but today he entered the program and lot of places in his word just dissapeared or were messed up. the local database (map.sqlite) is 67 MB. is there some way to restore it to a previous state? what could had generated the corruption of the world? how can I prevent that in the future? thank you!
just a digital hermit
http://www.cesarpachon.com

Topywo

Re: how to restore a corrupted world?

by Topywo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:11

How to restore, I don't know. This bug reminds me of the mapgen bug Redcrab and some other servers had in the past with older minetest versions.

What version of minetest do you use, 0.4.10, 0.4.10-dev (or from where did you download minetest)? The latest development versions most of the time are running well.

In case you need to start a new. not corrupted world, but really want to take some old buildings with you, you might find world-edit usefull. It can copy/paste those buildings:

viewtopic.php?id=572#p4045

Morn76

GitHub: mdoege

by Morn76 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:18

cesarpachon wrote: how can I prevent that in the future? thank you!

Migrate your worlds to the LevelDB backend ("minetestserver --worldname MyWorld --migrate leveldb"). It's more reliable than SQLite. (Of course you need a MT build that supports LevelDB for this.)

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Dec 13, 2014 16:04

Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Return to Minetest-Related