Dwarf Fortress to minetest world converter?

slemon

Dwarf Fortress to minetest world converter?

by slemon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 03:19

There is a minecraft to minetest world converter, so why not develop a Dwarf Fortress to minetest world converter? Dwarf Fortress worlds probably will look awesome.

srifqi

GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

Re: Dwarf Fortress to minetest world converter?

by srifqi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:27

That seems like good idea. But, Dwarf Fortress has much more nodes than Minetest has. Maybe, we will convert it just into "stone" or "tree"?
I'm from Indonesia! Saya dari Indonesia!
Terjemahkan Minetest!
Mods by me. Modifikasi oleh saya.

Pronounce my nick as in: es-rifqi (IPA: /es rifˈki/)

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Wed Jan 27, 2016 16:25

I guess you could make that each tile in Dwarf Fortress equals a 3x3 area in Minetest. That would keep the areas usable, sort of. 4x4 would be better tho

slemon

by slemon » Thu Jan 28, 2016 04:33

srifqi wrote:That seems like good idea. But, Dwarf Fortress has much more nodes than Minetest has. Maybe, we will convert it just into "stone" or "tree"?

Dragonop wrote:I guess you could make that each tile in Dwarf Fortress equals a 3x3 area in Minetest. That would keep the areas usable, sort of. 4x4 would be better tho

I think 2x2 will be enough for the node. Remember, workshop in dwarf fortress is 3x3, so they will be to large if we will use 1x1 to 3x3 or 4x4 conversion.
Also, specific nodes that are not present in minetest could be turned into special construction made out of nodes present in minetest.

Morn76

GitHub: mdoege

by Morn76 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:13

I suppose you could use DF2MC to convert from DF to MC, and then mcimport.py to convert from MC to MT.

Return to Minetest-Related