The MeseCast

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

The MeseCast

by taikedz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 18:13

PLEASE do NOT "tell" potential interviewees about this thread - you will likely be spamming them if you do, due to their popularity! Just let me know who should be contacted and I will take it from there!

Right I'm going to bite the bullet now :-)

There are already some other Minetest podcasters out there, amongst many other youtubers. But.... I intend to make another Minetest podcast :-P

For this one though, I would like it to be much more interview-focused, showcasing directly from the admins, devs and creators in question:

* Frequency = monthly
    * Duration ~30min tops
    * Topics = showcasing -- mods+creators, servers+admins, core developers
    * Q+A = around play tips, modding and server maintenance
    * Feedback section

Format:

* Introduction of guest of the month
    * what mod/server/core feature they are involved in
    * quick interview
    ** if server some footage of gameplay
    *** server admin interview
    ** if a mod, a fresh world will be opened to demo what can be done with the mod
    *** mod creator interview
    *** downloadable schems will be made available if applicable
    ** if core, we'll focus on resolved bugs and upcoming features
    * review of news -- releases, notable developments, etc
    * Q+A from IRC channel
    * feedback

Guest of the month may be the second host on the entire episode.

Any recording date will be announced 1 week in advance. Anyone who joins the IRC channel can ask questions, and they might be put to the guest during the live podcast.

If a mod is involved, a fresh world (always the same seed) will be made available for players to build or survive in (depending on type of showcase).

In case of a building mod, players will be invited to indicate where their builds are for saving.

In case of survival, no protection will be provided, unless otherwise decided as appropriate.

I have an idea of who I want to be the first guest, but if there is anybody you would like to see/hear/nominate, please et me know and I will reach out to them :)

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: The MeseCast

by taikedz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 19:56

Hello all

I'll be doing a pilot run of MeseCast on Monday 12th December at 3pm GMT (10am EST) , with Nathan.S (aka NathanS21 in-game)

The stream will go up at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeTsy9 ... ixqxePyjZw

I'll open an IRC on freenode:

http://webchat.freenode.net
Channel: #MeseCast

Feel free to join us there during the webcast!

So what'll we be covering?

Well, if all goes well:

* we'll have a quick run down of what Minetest is
    * I'll show how to get it and run it on Windows and Linux
    * I'll show how to join servers, and find rules for interacting
    * Nathan will show how to find and add mods
    * And how to create your own basic mod

I'm also aiming for a news segment - version 0.4.15 is round the corner and I'm hoping to have a quick chat about what's coming, what we're excited about, and we may even be able to take a couple questions from the IRC

Look forward to seeing you there!

FUTURE EPISODES

I already have a prospective interviewee for the next episode, if this one goes well. It will be a mod creator, and so a dedicated server will be provided for the show to showcase the mod. It will be opened 1 week before the show, to let players stake a name and show their progress through their builds when we come to showing demos of the mod!

Stay tuned!

Return to Minetest-Related