[Game] Wasteland [0.5 beta]

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

Re: [Game] Wasteland [0.3]

by BlockMen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 22:16

Don wrote:I noticed that there is a wasteland 2 game released. Just wondering if you will release a second version of your game?
BTW love your game. Its very challenging. Thanks

I planned to develop this game continuously, not depending on other releases. But if there is something interesting worth to be added here point it out ;)

And thanks, nice ppl have fun with :)

metouto

by metouto » Tue Nov 18, 2014 17:04

Hello BlockMan ... I have just returned to playing Wasteland and have been very well pleased with all your hard work and updates on this game :o)

I do have a question and maybe a idea for you ...

Q. I have just made a Bronze Ingot by crafting a Iron Ingot with a copper Ingot. When I tried to craft Bronze Pickaxes it came up as an unknown item. Is this not an item in Wasteland yet or am I missing something????

Idea ..... What about adding a cup to the game so that the player could drink water (or any type liquid that might be added for drinking ) then you could add a thirst bar like the hunger bar.

Again ..... you really have a great game BlockMan and hope you can continue to develop it :o)

Merlin

GitHub: sct-0
In-game: my

by Merlin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 16:39

I just wanted to know if there are supposed to be human mobs in the game(who killed the hell out of me, btw.) or if that was caused by a mod I installed?

andersje

by andersje » Tue Jan 20, 2015 14:56

Hi Blockmen!

I have a pull request in to remove the recipes for bronze tools, since they aren't working.
And it can be automatically merged -- it doesn't appear to muck anything else up. =)

Just thought I'd ping you since it's been out there for a while. Is there something else I need to do to bring the patch up to standards, so it will be accepted?

axemall

In-game: axemall

Re: [Game] Wasteland [0.3] not working on 0.4.12

by axemall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 17:44

i can,t get this mod to work on 0.4.12 can you help me out i keep getting errors windows 7 64 bit i also tried 0.4.10 inwich 3.0 is for

Betta

In-game: Betta

Re: [Game] Wasteland [0.3] not working on 0.4.12

by Betta » Mon Aug 03, 2015 02:53

axemall wrote:i can,t get this mod to work on 0.4.12 can you help me out i keep getting errors windows 7 64 bit i also tried 0.4.10 inwich 3.0 is for

Err, this is a sub game not a mod. You should put the file into the 'games' folder not in the 'mod' folder. And this game should work on the current version of minetest. :)

luizrpgluiz

IRC: luizrpgluiz
In-game: luizinho

by luizrpgluiz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 18:22

Blockman when you will update the wasteland to version 0.4.13? You will put devastated biomes also in its subgame wasteland?

rubberduck

IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

by rubberduck » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56

i have some ideas for this game

1: could add some more decorative ground elements (no vegetation), the mod "cavestuff" from the modpack plantlife contains pebbles.

2: a "hairy" mob which drops some kind of strings to make wool. something like a yeti or bigfoot, less common than zombies, but stronger!.

3: a way to get dyes
some possible recipes:
black (coal)
yellow (gold)
white (minerals from mineral-sand)
red (some kind of mob dropping something)
blue (some kind of berry-bushes (very rare))
other colors have to be mixed.

4: items that work like currency (items that can be found somewhere, rare!)
could be very rare in "chests" or found on the ground. useful in multiplayer / servers.

5: a few more items in chests, different rarities in naturally spawned graves (some rare stuff could be more common here, other rare stuff - maybe cotton seeds - could be only found there)
My game (not minetest): http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6800

my mods: gold_and_gem, meseconductors

a penguin throws an apple through a window

sometimes i change my "forum location" via user control panel

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 18:03

rubberduck wrote:red (some kind of mob dropping something)

Why not blood from mobs. Every mob could drop a little as long as you kill them anyway. Or maybe have some type of syringe or siphon that takes a little blood from say a sheep or something. If blood is not like then how about small rubies that could be crushed into a powder and then made into a dye.

koz_

IRC: koz_

by koz_ » Thu Nov 19, 2015 05:00

Do any alternative texture packs work well with this game? I really like Vanessa's 512 texture pack, but I don't know how well it (or any other pack) will work with this subgame.

Sick-D!!

GitHub: Sick-D
IRC: Sick-D
In-game: Sick-D

by Sick-D!! » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:49

koz_ wrote:Do any alternative texture packs work well with this game? I really like Vanessa's 512 texture pack, but I don't know how well it (or any other pack) will work with this subgame.

yes other texture packs work... the only thing tha does not work "out of the box" is the dry dirt...

Hey Blockmen :) is it possible to add mobs on my own? destructive mobs or sth. like that?? it's a bit easy ;)
Some Videos in German?[in BlockLiebeCity] https://www.youtube.com/user/SickDDubstep

Twitter https://twitter.com/SickD_LP

Interestet to play with us in BlockLiebeCity? Contact me!
Just want to Visit BlockLiebeCity ??
Server: blockliebecity.2nk.de:30000 (IPv6 Only!!)

Bye bye ;)

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

Wasteland 0.5 Beta pre-release

by BlockMen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 17:01

Had finally the time to rebase the commits i threw in from time to time, so this post is to announce the pre-release of version 0.5.

Changelog:
- Added mineralsand back (an restored original wasteland's sand texture)
- Made torches 3D
- Reduced water range
- Updated hud and hunger
- Removed remains of bronze (by andersje)
- A lot of cleanup (code, textures)
- Relicensed to GPL 3.0

What should be done before 0.5 release is at least a way to get wool and/or cotton.
If you notice anything or have more idea what to add/change plz post it here or make an issue on repository.

---
@Sick-D, most mobs mods out there should work with Wasteland in general, but you would have to change the spawning nodes yourself.

rubberduck

IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

Re: Wasteland 0.5 Beta pre-release

by rubberduck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:09

BlockMen wrote:What should be done before 0.5 release is at least a way to get wool and/or cotton.
If you notice anything or have more idea what to add/change plz post it here or make an issue on repository.

i posted a small "list" with ideas before, it includes some ideas how to get cotton too.
My game (not minetest): http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6800

my mods: gold_and_gem, meseconductors

a penguin throws an apple through a window

sometimes i change my "forum location" via user control panel

Sick-D!!

GitHub: Sick-D
IRC: Sick-D
In-game: Sick-D

Re: [Game] Wasteland [0.5 beta]

by Sick-D!! » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:36

@Blockmen aweesome :D thanks ... i modified the zombie..now called "mutant zombie" .. (see in my videos) other mob i'll try ;)

and i added for myself that i can find cotton seeds in ruins :) as much as saplings
Some Videos in German?[in BlockLiebeCity] https://www.youtube.com/user/SickDDubstep

Twitter https://twitter.com/SickD_LP

Interestet to play with us in BlockLiebeCity? Contact me!
Just want to Visit BlockLiebeCity ??
Server: blockliebecity.2nk.de:30000 (IPv6 Only!!)

Bye bye ;)

Previous

Return to Subgame Releases