[RUS] Clip Public Server

Russian
Achilles

In-game: Achilles

Re: [RUS] Clip Public Server

by Achilles » Wed Oct 08, 2014 20:56

sparky wrote:Who is the admin? I am aware that this is an "anarchist" server but ClipVillan teleports to my house, kills everyone he sees a couple of times, and if we are lucky enough to get his health low he teleports away. hes done it about 10 times now. if he keeps it up I'm going to leave this server. :( if there is a mod that makes it so you can't eat food or teleport instantaneously? or maybe get rid of diamond armor because its too overpowered.

I agree that diamond armor was quite overpowered however as a result of a recent update, Diamond Armor (especially) has had its protection levels reduced by around 50%. Also the heal aspect of the armor, that makes it harder to injure a person, has been removed. This is in accordance to several complaints, and applies to all armors on Clips Public Server.

As to your comment on 'ClipsVillain', I am afraid there is nothing that can, should or will be done to him or about him. As you have said: Clips is an Anarchy server- There are no rules other than those that are necessary. I would advise you to start mining in order to attain a good armor suite or to attain one via other means (i.e joining an Alliance), else if you are attacked, it is highly likely that you will be defeated....
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

sparky

IRC: STHGOM
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Wed Oct 08, 2014 21:39

As to your comment on 'ClipsVillain', I am afraid there is nothing that can, should or will be done to him or about him. As you have said: Clips is an Anarchy server- There are no rules other than those that are necessary. I would advise you to start mining in order to attain a good armor suite or to attain one via other means (i.e joining an Alliance), else if you are attacked, it is highly likely that you will be defeated....

I've joined an alliance and we've nearly killed him but he teleports away and then teleports back full health.
there is a difference between anarchy and cheating as means to kill everyone.
but as you suggested I will change servers.
-"Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up"

Achilles

by Achilles » Thu Oct 09, 2014 16:19

sparky wrote:

I've joined an alliance and we've nearly killed him but he teleports away and then teleports back full health.
there is a difference between anarchy and cheating as means to kill everyone.
but as you suggested I will change servers.

From what you have said, he seems to use a hit-and-fade tactic. If you believe that it works effectively against you, then I would suggest that you try the same method against him. All you need is a bit of meat or another food supply to regenerate your hearts....

davidthecreator

In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Wed Oct 15, 2014 20:45

Lollollol if u wana realy kill him jus Find out where he teleports ask One or two alience members to go there and hel Find a little surprise he didnt expected ;)

sparky

by sparky » Fri Oct 17, 2014 14:35

were it so easy...

davidthecreator

by davidthecreator » Fri Oct 17, 2014 21:43

plz add some traps plz i need em wery badly to stop clipvillan and raider4
Last edited by davidthecreator on Mon Oct 20, 2014 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Achilles

by Achilles » Sat Oct 18, 2014 15:54

sparky wrote:were it so easy...

davidthecreator wrote:Lollollol if u wana realy kill him jus Find out where he teleports ask One or two alience members to go there and hel Find a little surprise he didnt expected ;)

Its not that hard to be honest, I do not always play on my Admin account 'Achilles' and I have managed to kill him on my other account before...

Also now that it has been made easier to kill people who wear armor, you could ambush any foe of yours, when they die they lose there armor, so unless they have a large supply of diamond, it is not likely that they shall continually be spending 31+ diamond on a suit of armor, making it easier to kill them in the long run and preventing them from killing you...

sparky

by sparky » Sun Oct 19, 2014 17:27

maybe you should come on sometime. :D

Achilles

by Achilles » Mon Oct 20, 2014 21:05

sparky wrote:maybe you should come on sometime. :D

I do quite often :D

davidthecreator

by davidthecreator » Sat Nov 22, 2014 23:18

is there suppost to be vater in the temple that says clip with diamond text ?

clip

by clip » Sun Nov 30, 2014 07:59

ВНИМАНИЕ!!!

в связи с потерей хостинга, сервер ищет нового хозяина, отдастся в хорошие и грамотные руки!
у кого есть возможность развернуть и поддерживать сервер, просьба откликнуться

ATTENTION!!!

due to the loss of hosting, the server looks for a new owner, give herself a good and competent hands!
who have the ability to deploy and maintain server, please respond

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Dec 02, 2014 19:45

OldCoder is usually willing to host servers that would otherwise disappear. He can be reached on IRC.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Builder123

IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

by Builder123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 22:53

This server has major anarchy!!! Watch your back!!!

I can 't find an administrator online. If anyone knows how to contact the administrator please let me know.

I have an account on the Clip Server that is looking for a password that I did not intentionally do. Please contact me concerning reset of my password. My account is obviously Builder123.

Achilles (admin) was on line and disappeared - I see he has admin ability - please contact me.

Thanks

Builder123

by Builder123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 16:47

I had an opportunity to review the postings concerning the control of anarchaic behavior on this server. I personally have complained about getting killed multiple times by the same attacker - hey, the rouges already stolen my possessions which is bad enough ( I feel that's greifing ).

Please consider putting a 'recovery status' on killed players - die once, and recover, say 2 minutes for the defeated player to restore armor and weapons or escape, as appropriate. That is my main point. I die - I lose an hour or so of mining progress - stripped bare, respawned - now I am unarmed - I die again - I am not pleased. I typically quit the game to wait until they're gone - BUT I can not even tell who killed me (when playing on phone - can't read the name). It also seems that they appear at one of my bases while I am placing collected items in my chests. Teleporting kills negate the use of safe rooms with steel doors - was not happy to see the killers walk through walls - even with protection blocks installed.

I was inexperiencd and did not know about protection blocks until after a rogue player stole my house and tree farm. I have been involved in a land grab - but ultimately I must be able to teleport to suprise kill the teleporting gangster members and rob them to get even. I am at war - but weapon and armor poor.

There is a certain makeup of the clip server population, the ruling mobsters and the "innocent townsfolk". I cannot fight until I have the right equipment - and I cannot attain this level of preparation for battle with the loss of countless playing hours on this server. The mobsters collect or dispose of hundreds or even thousands of items from thier ill gotton bounty. This makes progression to a stronger character much slower. The avarage player will have playing time limitations set by their parents, work school, chores, and for some - sleep.

There are kids logging on and getting killed at the spawn point. The spawn point should be protected from PVP until they venture deeper into the world. Another thought - is to put a PVP protect on new players until they put on armor for the first time - or some kind of PVP protection until the new player has time to develop.

In summary - I know that this is an anarchy server, but there must be controls placed on the powerful players in order to provide playability for other members. These are not policy change requests, but ideas to bolster the concept of creating a more even playing field for all.

I learn something new each day about game play - I even created an operating minetest server on my LAN using a linux computer (not public - and so simple!).

CWz

by CWz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 17:25

Builder123 wrote:snip.

you would probably have a better time if you locate to a more friendlier server .
such BigPappa server and CG72's Pvp server

Griefing and pvp is allowed on BigPappa's carbone server except in spawn of cause.
but there is some level of moderation there so it's not completely anarchy,
as some of the behaviors you experienced on here would be illegal there .
not to sure about CG72's Pvp server though

if you would rather play on peaceful servers you could checkout VanessaE's server or "onez minetest server".
Silvercrab is also a good option as well

Builder123

by Builder123 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 13:38

Thanks for your response.

I may check out the other servers that you recommend.

However - I am a fan of the CLIP server and I would have not bothered to get adminstrative
actions on my account password problem resolved to regain access.

THE WAR CONTINUES!!!!

Builder123

by Builder123 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 14:27

Good Morning (EST)

I have a question regarding the Craft Guide utilized in the game. I have several occasions where
the recipie displays 'unknown item' as a component. The problem is that I am forced to look
up recipies on the wiki.

Is there something that I have to correct (e.g. Mod reinstall) or is it an update on your side?

Thanks

sparky

by sparky » Sun Dec 21, 2014 16:09

the account "olivi111" is hacked
(can you make protection blocks only diggable by owner?)
(and make passwords required?)

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 09:26

Protection blocks are only diggable by the owner and requiring a password each time would make the game sloooooooooow... The player "olivi111" didn't exist on server although "olivia111" does but if it was hacked then the player should have chosen a better password... I could change the password if they can prove who they are...

clip

by clip » Tue Dec 23, 2014 08:43

I apologize for the loss of a server hard drive was overflow

sparky

by sparky » Sun Dec 28, 2014 17:09

strange that there is no "olivi111" becasue some of my protection says it is owned by "olivi111"

and then some of my other protection says its owned by "scorpionul"

est31

by est31 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 13:50

Hello, somebody has hacked my account -- "est31". Unfortunately I don't know who or how. Could you change the password to the password of "est" please? Could you ban the according IP? I haven't used that account since some months.

Builder123

Re: [RUS] Clip Public ServerPlease check the chat log for de

by Builder123 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 16:06

Item #1 - The server has been shutting down frequently today - disables play - players frozen in position - etc.

Item #2 - Hacking for gain

Statement:
Well here we go again - players capable of flying and entering your safe area and killing. There is an exploit being utilized that once again is giving players an unfair advantage over others. I and other players are complaining about dirty tactics being employed by some more tech savvy players - in fact one player who killed me at my home said he could fly. Secondly another player said that there was a bug that allowed them to travel in real time through walls. You as responsible administrators must resolve this issue or grant all players the same capailities (fly no-clip) - once again - hacking the server or player profiles to gain power over other players should be eliminated.

Please check the chat log for details from today and yesterday where I asked the player how can you do that. The player I believe had a name for that bug. My intention is to define and report the hack for resolution.

Events: Told cato concerning the issue of a player flying through walls to kill me and pilfer my inventory. The player broke a block to my mine shaft and went down - the block NEVER disappeared and the player was going down the shaft.

Summary: Even though I reported the problem long before today - another player found my location and killed me and managed to go through protected blocks and fly. Now I have a better understanding as to what is going on, as opposed to my post on 12-17-2014. Fix it.

clip

by clip » Fri Jan 02, 2015 18:12

changed inventory_plus from zeg9 to cornernote

Builder123

Tell the Truth and Revenge Prevails Again

by Builder123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 00:28

Greifing -

OK so I believe someone has been angered that I was discussing the unbelievable appearances of killers. Apparently revenge has been enacted destroying work on my new building as I was telling the tale of mysterious appearances of killers and theives to Clip and Cato.

Look at these images of before and after destruction...
Before Grief 1 small.png
Before Grief 1 small.png (175.69 KiB) Viewed 9756 times

Before Greif 2 small.png
Before Greif 2 small.png (156.58 KiB) Viewed 9756 times

After Greif 1 small.png
After Greif 1 small.png (170.77 KiB) Viewed 9756 times

Now is this grieifing or is this activity permitted on the server?

I'm forced to relocate for the fourth time...

Update: I was frustrated and the level of destruction was limited. Lack of protection discovered and fixed.
Just venting....

Thanks
Last edited by Builder123 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

Builder123

Problem Solved - Unprotected Areas

by Builder123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 15:53

I was wondering how the infiltrators 'knew where I lived'. The answer was simple.

Determination
I found an unprotected area where a player had dug through stolen property (my former home) to gain access to my expansive underground area. The rest I beleive was simple math. The property thief entered my area and located the 'operations facility' (My Home). Then the property thief determines the coordinates to teleport directly into my home(s). Since my underground areas are interconnected, it was simple for a player to locate my other operating bases and record those coordinates.

I still have to move - apparently there is an alliance. I beleive the alliance has access to the property thief's teleport station where my coordinates are entered. I was killed by two complete strangers in my office yesterday.

Flying Debunked
Yesterday, I asked one of my 'enemy players' about flying - he said he can't fly. After making my first teleport pad - I see how a player could fly - it is free falling from coordinates above the ground.

Summary
I have already 'moved'. The existing locations have been compromised - I can visit but I can't stay there.

My advise to other players - if your property is stolen by another player - never build adjacent to your former home without verifying 100% protection.
Mine was 99% - not good enough...

Now understanding the operation of the teleporter really cleared up my confusion and what I perceived to be happening.

Thanks to Cato for investigating my issue, as one killer-thief stole my plasma TV from the wall - to discover that the wall was not protected. This prompted me to verify protection that led to the discovery of the passage from 'enemy territory.'

omikekimo

In-game: MikekiM

by omikekimo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 15:05

Hello, i have some protection blocks in and around my house that don't belong to me, two of them are grief related and two are from my old account that got hacked that i now cant get into because the password seems to have changed. My old account was under the name "mike". Could an admin help me out at some point i would really appreciate it.

oMikekiMo (MikekiM on server)

Builder123

Textures Messed Up

by Builder123 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 18:31

Good Day,

I have noticed that some of the items are not displaying properly. I checked on offline play and everything
appears ok.

I have problems with lamps, table tops, clocks, and the bookcase images displaying properly.

What is the solution to this?
Distorted Texture Lamp.png
Distorted Texture Lamp.png (114.59 KiB) Viewed 9756 times

I am running 4.10 on linux. The same situation exists on 4.10 running Android.
Thanks for your help.

Builder123

Clip Server Down

by Builder123 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 15:00

Please advise as to the status of the server. There has been several shutdowns and currently I am unable to reach the server.

Thanks

Builder123

Server Status - No Feedback

by Builder123 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 15:38

I see that this is a useless forum for supporting players at Clip. This is not the place for informing players of status and what's going on in the background. We all are trying to grasp the problems surrounding the server status as well as its longevity in the minetest universe.

Any answer pertaining to the multiple shutdowns and long periods of inaccesibility would be appreciated.

PreviousNext

Return to Русский