a REAL spawnpoint!

BlauerEisRegen

a REAL spawnpoint!

by BlauerEisRegen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 21:22

Hello!
I already know about the "set -n static_spawnpoint x,z,y"
But what about adding a real spawnpoint command?
I like building maps for a friend but I cannot build a long map because when the character dies he spawns on only one point...
And another problem: If I type in the command, the spawnpoint is set on all my maps???
And what about setting spawnpoint via the command blocks from the mesecon mod from jeija???
Pls help me!
Thanks for your answers!!

leetelate

by leetelate » Sun Nov 17, 2013 06:47

if you are making maps, you could do like the xbox version of mc did and create a "spawn area"

yeah, the spawnpoint in minetest.conf is system-wide

somebody made a mod that had spawn eggs(?) i think - or just make your own spawn egg that you place where you want to spawn at in a world
Last edited by leetelate on Sun Nov 17, 2013 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
MT IS MC'S SMARTER BROTHER
minetest 0.4.8 compiled from latest git on linux mint 15 with qjoypad and wired 360 controller
freeminer, pilztest, buildcraft and next are the idea factories
my minetest page is http://1337318.zymichost.com if zymic isn't down - meh, it is free...

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Sun Nov 17, 2013 09:22

leetelate wrote:if you are making maps, you could do like the xbox version of mc did and create a "spawn area"

yeah, the spawnpoint in minetest.conf is system-wide

somebody made a mod that had spawn eggs(?) i think - or just make your own spawn egg that you place where you want to spawn at in a world

Errr....
Spawn eggs mod was used to spawn mobs, not set a spawn point.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

leetelate

by leetelate » Thu Nov 28, 2013 15:05

shouldn't be too hard to make a spawn point for players - hardest part would be getting the height right, and if you had a spawn egg placed it would give you the height

i use the last H marker in bubblegumGPS and get the height from that - if there is no H marker it uses the default
MT IS MC'S SMARTER BROTHER
minetest 0.4.8 compiled from latest git on linux mint 15 with qjoypad and wired 360 controller
freeminer, pilztest, buildcraft and next are the idea factories
my minetest page is http://1337318.zymichost.com if zymic isn't down - meh, it is free...

Return to Minetest General