Need to buy minetest ?

scheikonline

Need to buy minetest ?

by scheikonline » Tue Dec 31, 2013 18:08

Hi, i recently search minetest on AppStore and i foind the game, but i need tu buy him. Why ? It is normal ? Thx and sorry for my english
Very sorry for my poor english, I work it but by moment it is hard

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Tue Dec 31, 2013 18:10

Which appstore?
"Fuck the hat." - Paulie Gualtieri

scheikonline

by scheikonline » Tue Dec 31, 2013 18:23

AppStore Of iphone

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Tue Dec 31, 2013 18:28

there's already a thread on that here: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=8138
Not sure if it's the exact same version of the app, if not you might wanna post the link.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Wed Jan 01, 2014 02:29

Go to minetest.net or https://github.com/minetest/minetest and get it for your PC instead. Minetest as seen on apple store or google play (buildcraft) are not real ports of minetest, those are illegal ports who have not released current source code that can actually be built.

Only the PC version is real, and it's always been free. At the moment, if you are asked to pay for it, you're not getting the real one!!!
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Wed Jan 01, 2014 17:54

Damn, I think we are getting into something similar to the flightgear scam here.

http://www.flightgear.org/flightprosim.html

Time we made a page similar to the FG one here. It's good that some people are double-checking before purchasing, but I worry about those that didn't. Time we sent a letter to Apple.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

onpon4

by onpon4 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 19:22

hoodedice wrote:Damn, I think we are getting into something similar to the flightgear scam here.

Time we made a page similar to the FG one here. It's good that some people are double-checking before purchasing, but I worry about those that didn't. Time we sent a letter to Apple.

Not quite. Whether it's legal (via a licensing loophole) or not, the guys behind these ports are not passing along the freedom they got with Minetest to the people they're selling copies of the ports to.

I don't know how the Minetest devs feel, but personally, I wouldn't have a problem with someone making an Android port making money off of that port; it's a legitimate service, after all. It's making that port proprietary (or using proprietary software in the port) that I'm against.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Wed Jan 01, 2014 19:36

onpon4 wrote:It's making that port proprietary (or using proprietary software in the port) that I'm against.

the LGPL allows it, so long as they publish any changes they make to LGPL'd code (engine). Changing the license now wouldn't make a difference, they just couldn't use future versions the same way.

scheikonline

by scheikonline » Thu Jan 02, 2014 09:28

Whoa, thanks for your fast answer
So I don't download rhe Iphone game
Be careful because someone win money whit that

Sorry for my poor english

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Fri Jan 03, 2014 01:39

onpon4 wrote:
hoodedice wrote:Damn, I think we are getting into something similar to the flightgear scam here.

Not quite. Whether it's legal (via a licensing loophole) or not, the guys behind these ports are not passing along the freedom they got with Minetest to the people they're selling copies of the ports to.

I don't know how the Minetest devs feel, but personally, I wouldn't have a problem with someone making an Android port making money off of that port; it's a legitimate service, after all. It's making that port proprietary (or using proprietary software in the port) that I'm against.

That's one problem with them. They never released the source code.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Return to Minetest General