Translation of main site

aracnus

GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

Translation of main site

by aracnus » Mon Jan 13, 2014 16:56

Since the main Minetest website is built on DokuWiki, I would like to know if it's possible to activate the multilingual support on it and register users interested on its translation (I would like to this for Brazilian Portuguese). I registered minetest.net.br domain recently and would like to redirect it to main site, properly translated to Brazilian Portuguese.

What do you think?

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Tue Jan 14, 2014 17:57

There's no need for separate domains, we could just have <country>.minetest.net or minetest.net/<country>

aracnus

by aracnus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 18:26

Hi Calinou. The idea of registering the domain is just to avoid hijacking of it. The initial idea is to make it just a redirector to the main site.

And with DokuWiki we don't even need other urls. The user can select the language that he/she prefers (like on DokuWiki main site).

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Tue Jan 14, 2014 20:53

aracnus wrote:Hi Calinou. The idea of registering the domain is just to avoid hijacking of it. The initial idea is to make it just a redirector to the main site.

And with DokuWiki we don't even need other urls. The user can select the language that he/she prefers (like on DokuWiki main site).

Why do you want to pay for an additional domain anyway? They want to take it, let them! One domain is more than enough.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

aracnus

by aracnus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 21:51

Well, two messages about the domain and no one about the topic. :-)

So, just to remember what this is about: can we translate the main website or not?

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Tue Jan 14, 2014 21:52

aracnus wrote:Well, two messages about the domain and no one about the topic. :-)

So, just to remember what this is about: can we translate the main website or not?

I was concerned about the money being wasted, when it could feed a family in a certain region of the world...

Ask BlockMen and xyz.
Last edited by hoodedice on Tue Jan 14, 2014 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Return to Minetest General