Plethora of sites

flake

Plethora of sites

by flake » Wed Mar 19, 2014 13:55

This must have been discussed before, but i couldn't find it. (searching for this topic is troublesome)

there is:

Minetest.com
Minetest.info
Minetest.org
Minetest.net

All different layout, most dramatically out of date.

Would it be wise to make em all point to the same site, and to keep that one up to date. Perhaps we are losing valuable new users, who could also be contributing.

Speaking of which, Isn't it time for a 0.4.10 version, as there are some issues with the current version that have been resolved for some time in the last builds? (And no, you wouldn't want me to be the one to build it and post it. Not enough experience.)

regards,

flake

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Mar 19, 2014 14:08

All these sites (except minetest.net) are hosted by others; we (as in the core dev team) have no control over it.

I asked the other devs some weeks ago to release 0.4.10, since sapiers network fixes are a huge noticeable improvement, but hmmmm was against it.

ak399g

In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:35

PilzAdam wrote:All these sites (except minetest.net) are hosted by others; we (as in the core dev team) have no control over it.

I asked the other devs some weeks ago to release 0.4.10, since sapiers network fixes are a huge noticeable improvement, but hmmmm was against it.

As much as I'd love it, I don't want to push a new release so soon after 4.9, which came out too fast anyway imo.
aka SAFR

lightonflux

In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Fri Mar 21, 2014 19:10

flake wrote:Speaking of which, Isn't it time for a 0.4.10 version, as there are some issues with the current version that have been resolved for some time in the last builds? (And no, you wouldn't want me to be the one to build it and post it. Not enough experience.)

Just use the -dev version. It is really not hard to compile it. But packaging for other people is. :)

flake

by flake » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:21

I'm already running minetest in Wine on OSX. Which isn't a bad experience.

But building it on OSX for Win32 would start to get complex ;-)

Wouldn't mind for someone to build and package it for OSX as well, but as far as i can tell has nobody been able to build the OSX version for quite some time.

lightonflux wrote:Just use the -dev version. It is really not hard to compile it. But packaging for other people is. :)

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:59

No dev has a Mac (citation needed), that's why we don't have a Mac build (citation needed)
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 13:03

hoodedice wrote:No dev has a Mac (citation needed), that's why we don't have a Mac build (citation needed)

1] I have a mac (atleast in VirtualBox)
2] I was just too lazy
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Return to Minetest General