How to make a mod

snowflake

IRC: snow__flake
In-game: snowflake

How to make a mod

by snowflake » Sat Apr 09, 2016 17:10

Hi, Plz can someone help me , How to make a mod , there is rubenwardy mod tutorial book but i dont get clear explainations , can someone help
✱ ŜИØŴℱŁΔҜΞ ✱
IF I REPORT ANY PROBLEM - SYSTEM
Ubuntu 15.04
32-bit
Memory-3.8GiB
Disk Space -310.8GB

DONT PM ME PLZ!!!! ,

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: How to make a mod

by MineYoshi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 17:29

snowflake wrote:Hi, Plz can someone help me , How to make a mod , there is rubenwardy mod tutorial book but i dont get clear explainations , can someone help

So, exactly you don't understand the Rubenwardy modding book, you don't get "clear explanations" and you need someone explain you how to make a mod?

I think you can visit this sites:

http://sfan5.duckdns.org/minetest-modding-tutorial/html/englishEN.html

http://dev.minetest.net/Intro
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Sun Apr 10, 2016 13:22

if you not coded or modded before it can be a bit hard the first time.

But first you need to know what you want to do: the goal

Then you need to make the folder with the name of you mod / idea, and add a text file inside it, call it "init.lua"

here is an example of a block, tool, craft item, and a craft.

Its good if you checking on other peoples mods / codes to see how stuff works.

If you will use functions / variables from other mods, you need to add a "depends.txt" with the name of the mod you are using.
Attachments
test.zip
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Alive AI Mine/Build AI NPC
Gravitygun HL2
Portalgun Portal
Marssurvive Survive on mars
Bows bows + arrows
SoundCloud (Music)
SoundCloud (Classic)
YouTube

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 00:41

The second link is a more up to date version of the first. I helped write both of those. They are both now obsolete, no longer needed, my book replaces both of them.

We can't help you if you don't tell us what you are aiming to do, and what you've tried already. Please give me any feedback about the book and what you don't understand. If it's because you don't know anything about coding, then I can't help you: my aim isn't to teach you to code, there are enough resources already.

broodysims

by broodysims » Tue Apr 12, 2016 02:48

UjEdwin wrote:if you not coded or modded before it can be a bit hard the first time.

But first you need to know what you want to do: the goal

Then you need to make the folder with the name of you mod / idea, and add a text file inside it, call it "init.lua"

here is an example of a block, tool, craft item, and a craft.

Its good if you checking on other peoples mods / codes to see how stuff works.

If you will use functions / variables from other mods, you need to add a "depends.txt" with the name of the mod you are using.

Hi, I also want to learn how to mod and yes I've never done it before, did coding but that was years ago. I've looked into the mod tutorial already and admit that there are some things that are hard to understand. Thanks for the tip though, I think the reason why I'm having trouble understanding some concepts is because I haven't really got a goal set yet. I'll be taking your advice and know my goals first so I can focus on learning things that are needed at the moment and then work from there. Thanks again.

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 03:01

A ton of us (rubenwardy, me) are on IRC. Don't hesitate to drop in and chat. We're there to help.

Return to Minetest General