What is a mese?

NakedFury

What is a mese?

by NakedFury » Mon Apr 16, 2012 20:57

So I have gotten interested in minetest again after an extended period of no minecraft related things. I usually just walk around, build some houses or structures and move on.

I also decided to import(is this the right word?) Sphax somethingcraft texture from minecraft to minetest and its great. I modified furnaces to have a different top and bottom texture and have been reading and learning how to make mods.

But going back to my question, what are mese or is a mese? What do they represent in the game? a fictional ore? if thats so then why are their textures weird?

I would like to know this answers so I can decide how best to texture them, preferably in a way that would not be a simple texture with the word MESE in it, sorry if some texture packs have that.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 21:22

it's supposed to be the most valuable element of the game. Of course, there is barely anything you can do with it, but still, it's the rarest, and most valuable element.
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

sdzen

by sdzen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 21:28

what do you think it is its msn messenger!
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Troy6879

by Troy6879 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 02:24

lkjoel wrote:it's supposed to be the most valuable element of the game. Of course, there is barely anything you can do with it, but still, it's the rarest, and most valuable element.

Right. But wrong...
The Nyan cat block and rainbow are the rarest...
They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,nor the years condemn, (For the fallen, In honur of ANZAC, 25th April 1915))
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We shall remember them.

NakedFury

by NakedFury » Wed Apr 25, 2012 03:31

Troy6879 wrote:
lkjoel wrote:it's supposed to be the most valuable element of the game. Of course, there is barely anything you can do with it, but still, it's the rarest, and most valuable element.

Right. But wrong...
The Nyan cat block and rainbow are the rarest...

is this ever to be removed officially or will I have to edit my game to purge it from minetest?

Troy6879

by Troy6879 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 04:54

I dunno...
Mabye it will be removed in further versions but I don't know(I'm not celeron!)
They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,nor the years condemn, (For the fallen, In honur of ANZAC, 25th April 1915))
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We shall remember them.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Wed Apr 25, 2012 08:44

Nyan cats (and rainbows) are still defined (as a block, and furnace fuel) in the default init.lua.

Return to Minetest General