PM in Minetest

tinoesroho

PM in Minetest

by tinoesroho » Mon Aug 06, 2012 19:01

Hi ya'll,

Your resident tinkerer reporting in. I've already done a /rules mod to quickly check rules, a greeter mod to alert players to a newcomer ("Don't bite newbs!") and now I'm working on a mod to allow Private Messaging on a minetest server.

The idea is that it's a chat command (/pm USER) that checks to see if the user is online, if yes, sends via server, if no, sends when the player comes online.

Oh yes. I'm planning to roll the three mods in one when I eventually release the mod.

[hr]
EDIT - Aug 6 10:22 PM:

sdzen's whisper mod allows for messaging a player, but I don't think it allows "offline" messaging. I'll be using that mod as the base, adding in "offline" support.
Last edited by tinoesroho on Tue Aug 07, 2012 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Mon Aug 06, 2012 21:15

What about a ranks mod?

Keegan

by Keegan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 21:50

LolManKuba wrote:What about a ranks mod?

cant be same as miinecraft
Owner of Keegan's server address>66.227.221.69:30000<port

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Tue Aug 07, 2012 00:12

A "ranks" mod would need to be clearly defined; would it just consist of a /rank command, or would it also affect in-game perception, like added HP, different costumes, etc?
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 21:59

+1
but couldn't someone just /pm an offline member with spam messages, and when they come online their client crashes from the input...? There would need to be a /pm limit if the target player is not online, so that they don't get spammed by spammers. Also, a command like ''/pm limit #'' could be used to change the limit of PM's allowed to be sent to an offline player.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

Return to Minetest General