compiling minetest on mac

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Wed Nov 14, 2012 21:56

mrscotty wrote:3. ... and rebased the cmake-osx branch from toabi onto the current master HEAD

How do you do this?

mrscotty wrote:Does anyone have an idea regarding the text input problem?

I think there is actually text there, but its the same color as the background :)

mrscotty

by mrscotty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 08:21

OmniStudent wrote:
mrscotty wrote:3. ... and rebased the cmake-osx branch from toabi onto the current master HEAD

How do you do this?

Thanks to git, this was a breeze.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
$ git clone https://github.com/celeron55/minetest.git minetest
$ cd minetest
$ git remote add toabi https://github.com/toabi/minetest.git
$ git fetch toabi
$ git checkout cmake-osx
$ git rebase master

OmniStudent wrote:

I think there is actually text there, but its the same color as the background :)

Dooooooohhhhhh! If you want to hide something, put it in plain sight...

Thanks for the tip! With that, the steps I posted for using Irrlicht 1.8 and the latest code from celeron55 do work on Mac OS X.

mrscotty

by mrscotty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 08:54

mrscotty wrote:
OmniStudent wrote:

Thanks for the tip! With that, the steps I posted for using Irrlicht 1.8 and the latest code from celeron55 do work on Mac OS X.

Just to clarify, the text color for input boxes is a "white on a very light grey", so the game is playable. I've pushed my rebased branch to github at https://github.com/mrscotty/minetest/tree/cmake-osx for you to take a look. The updated build instructions are in the README.txt.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Thu Nov 15, 2012 09:14

SWEET! Will try your uploaded version later, to see if it works for me too.
I noticed you have DENABLE_SOUND=0 in the cmake line, are you still having trouble with sound?

I just managed to get the newest build to work on 10.6 (using my own confused way of fixing differences between toabis version and the new release), and have seen an animated torch!
The last part that gave me trouble were some references to COREFOUNDATION_LIB in the cmakelists.txt file located in src.

Just replacing the new src/cmakelists.txt with that from toabis cmake version should solve this.

I uploaded a compiled version, and the build directory I used (named sav_mt3.zip) to dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1e70bxo8a4ervsu/Y2hly8IljH

If anyone tries it out please report any problems, its kind of a jumble.
Last edited by OmniStudent on Thu Nov 15, 2012 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42

mrscotty wrote:Just to clarify, the text color for input boxes is a "white on a very light grey", so the game is playable. I've pushed my rebased branch to github at https://github.com/mrscotty/minetest/tree/cmake-osx for you to take a look. The updated build instructions are in the README.txt.

I tried compiling your branch on xcode 3.2.6 on my OSX version 10.6.8. Everything worked out of the box (with my preinstalled irrlicht 1.8 and other dependencies from port, I did not follow those instructions in the readme.)

It only lets me play the minimal version though, even though I put the minecraft_game folder in games before compiling.

mrscotty

by mrscotty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 18:44

OmniStudent wrote:I tried compiling your branch on xcode 3.2.6 on my OSX version 10.6.8. Everything worked out of the box (with my preinstalled irrlicht 1.8 and other dependencies from port, I did not follow those instructions in the readme.)

Cool. I'll go ahead and submit a pull request at github to see if we can get this into the master branch so it's easier for others to find. The only thing left is cleaning up the packaging so all the dependencies end up in the .dmg.

OmniStudent wrote:It only lets me play the minimal version though, even though I put the minecraft_game folder in games before compiling.

I put a few games in ~/Library/Application Support/minetest/games/ and it was able to find and run them with no problem.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Thu Nov 15, 2012 20:09

mrscotty wrote:
I put a few games in ~/Library/Application Support/minetest/games/ and it was able to find and run them with no problem.

Heh, I didn't know you could do that :)

Anyway, when I did a new compile I got the minetest-game too. Probably did some mistake first time.

pheonixfire

by pheonixfire » Sat Nov 17, 2012 06:19

When I used the compile instructions in the readme it compiled all right but
after launching minetest a few time it stops opening with the message
"minetest quit unexpectedly"

I'm using mountain lion if that helps

any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sat Nov 17, 2012 06:43

Try making an xcode project and compiling it from there just to see if its a difference.

Also, try running the compiled minecraft in my dropbox folder.

pheonixfire

by pheonixfire » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33

The version from dropbox won't even launch for me

any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:57

OK, what about building it through xcode?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 14:28

mrscotty wrote:
mrscotty wrote:
OmniStudent wrote:

Just to clarify, the text color for input boxes is a "white on a very light grey", so the game is playable. I've pushed my rebased branch to github at https://github.com/mrscotty/minetest/tree/cmake-osx for you to take a look. The updated build instructions are in the README.txt.

Problem with edit boxes is not related to Mac, its minetest vs IrrLicht 1.8. Jeija have the modified game sources to work correctly with it.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sat Nov 17, 2012 20:49

I tried the Jeija version but the text was still neigh invisible. Its possible I make some mistake though :(

Previous

Return to Minetest General