Ultimate modded game (Minetest++)

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04

arreat wrote:Jordan4ibanez, I see new logo on the http://minetestpp.tk, and think: maybe I can provide a little help?

I created the different logo, maybe it will be better?

P.S. Just I like the Minetest. And I'm sorry for my bad English)

wow! thank you for this amazing logo!
If you can think it, you can make it.

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05

Yoda wrote:It would be cool if smeone could make a 3d and a 2d player editor program for Minetest++ :D

gimp

Yoda

by Yoda » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:19

Oh i have gimp! I cant seem to make pixels Blahh :/
Great game for hobos, minetest is. My game also my name, speacking yoda is. Hmmmmmm.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 13:01

Yoda wrote:Oh i have gimp! I cant seem to make pixels Blahh :/

Move the scale of the brush all the way down. It goes so small it only does one pixel at a time.
Keep calm and code python^_^

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 13:42

It's nice :) Much more minecraft-like... I don't know if that's good or bad xD
I had to make an oxygen_half.png image, because the game crashed if a player connected the second time.
Apart from this, it's like walking on ice. When I stop walking, it doesn't fully stop moving immediately, it continues a little more, which I think it's very annoying. Is there an option to make it normal?
:D

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Fri Apr 27, 2012 13:46

cosarara97 wrote: When I stop walking, it doesn't fully stop moving immediately, it continues a little more, which I think it's very annoying. Is there an option to make it normal?

thats inirtia..when ice is implemented you will slide a lot farther :P it will be tweaked a little but for now its good..also notice when you drop into water you slow down instead of instantly stopping

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 14:05

any progress with this??

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 14:07

the site actually looks pretty decent.

arreat

by arreat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 14:12

Much more minecraft-like... I don't know if that's good or bad xD

But cubic-style is typical for most minecraft-like games, because this is main idea of game :)
I don't mind seeing a smoother objects, and I want create textures, different from minecraft-like. But I don't know, how draw it clean, high-resolution and noiseless, smooth. (example, as http://us.cubelands.com/ textures)

By the way, what with anti-aliasing?

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 16:06

cosarara97 wrote:I had to make an oxygen_half.png image, because the game crashed if a player connected the second time.

Oh, well, it looks like it's still crashing...

Lelix

by Lelix » Fri Apr 27, 2012 17:04

great, but is part of the original project or become an independent game?

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 19:10

jordan4ibanez wrote:
cosarara97 wrote: When I stop walking, it doesn't fully stop moving immediately, it continues a little more, which I think it's very annoying. Is there an option to make it normal?

that's inertia..when ice is implemented you will slide a lot farther :P it will be tweaked a little but for now its good..also notice when you drop into water you slow down instead of instantly stopping

I think you slow down too slowly (does this sentence make sense? lol), making it impossible to swim on the surface. If you keep space pressed underwater, you go up like if you were full of air, but then you arrive at the surface and start going down very fast. When you are 6 or 7 blocks down, you start going up again. This makes (apart from normal swimming) jumping just a block underwater impossible, because with just a little press of the jump key you are at the surface again...
It'll be difficult to make it realistic, because people floats, instead of sinking like a rock. However, we need to be able to walk underwater, don't we? (Maybe with heavy metal boots... =P)

Also, you start starving after 2 minutes of swimming D:

Temperest

GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Fri Apr 27, 2012 20:11

Lelix wrote:great, but is part of the original project or become an independent game?

I would love to see this as part of the original game, since so many improvements have been made IMO, and it would be a shame to divide the community into two groups. Plus, celeron55's expertise will be needed very much in future developments of the game.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

Lelix

by Lelix » Sat Apr 28, 2012 08:04

Temperest wrote:
Lelix wrote:great, but is part of the original project or become an independent game?

I would love to see this as part of the original game, since so many improvements have been made IMO, and it would be a shame to divide the community into two groups. Plus, celeron55's expertise will be needed very much in future developments of the game.

you're right

Previous

Return to Minetest General