dungeons in minetest are there too many

gavin94

dungeons in minetest are there too many

by gavin94 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 03:09

i try to make things underground lik a city and boom not even 24 blocks down and im in a dungeon i love them but theres just way too many to build underground effeicently but i may be wrong

qyron

by qyron » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02

Are you sure its dungeons and not caves? And what version are you running?

I do a lot of landscaping and once dug a hole of 25x25x25 blocks and besides finding several pockets of sand, gravel and even dirt (?) under rock, I was able to build underground without that many problems. And I am presently working on a hill which has a base of 65x65 blocks, meaning I have a lot of blocks to dig and move around and again I haven't had that many trouble with caves. And I started by levelling an entire hill to make way for me to have a direct path to water.

The kind of event you're referring is just the map generator showing how underdeveloped still is. We still haven't got rivers nor any kind of water streams inland, running towards a (theoretical) sea. Ores are spread far and across and when you find some, the "vein" is small. That's the down side of a work in progress!
Last edited by qyron on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Minetest is not Minecraft. Stop trying to make them look alike.

Currently running Minetest 0.4-13 from Debian Backports.

gavin94

by gavin94 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 16:37

im running the latest dev but every map i generate its always the same a million caves and dungeons i never have any room to build guess its just bad luck but really they need to be spread out more

Return to Minetest General