Idea (probably bad)

slopsbucket

Idea (probably bad)

by slopsbucket » Wed Nov 05, 2014 00:44

There's a few threads devoted to posting pics and videos of people's games. Why not post a zipped copy of their World files instead? Then everyone could have a run around and take a proper look at what they've built.

I guess they'd have to list what version and what mods they were running so that other people could make sure that they've loaded the same ones, or the "saved game" would probably crash.

I had a look at mine, they're around 16 Mb in size, but mine are relatively new and not very extravagant, I imagine some could be a lot bigger. But then what size are the video files people are posting? Food for thought.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

Re: Idea (probably bad)

by Evergreen » Wed Nov 05, 2014 00:50

slopsbucket wrote:There's a few threads devoted to posting pics and videos of people's games. Why not post a zipped copy of their World files instead? Then everyone could have a run around and take a proper look at what they've built.

I guess they'd have to list what version and what mods they were running so that other people could make sure that they've loaded the same ones, or the "saved game" would probably crash.

I had a look at mine, they're around 16 Mb in size, but mine are relatively new and not very extravagant, I imagine some could be a lot bigger. But then what size are the video files people are posting? Food for thought.

Cheers,

Andrew.

I suppose that's what the maps subforum is for, but a share your world topic wouldn't be a bad idea. However, world giles tend to be rather large, so this might be a better idea: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7304
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

slopsbucket

by slopsbucket » Wed Nov 05, 2014 01:33

Hi Evergreen,

thought I'd try my own idea out just to see how it goes. When zipped my world is just over 7 Mb or roughly the size of the page you just sent me to.

Yeh, stupid, but the name of my world is "Mods Now".

Minetest version 0.4.10
animals Modpack
moreores Mod

It's a glass house with private garden suspended over the sea. Either end of the house gives access to a mine with a 6x6 shaft but theyre not very deep yet.

I like watching the Vombies run around at night but I found out the hard way - if you press your face up against the glass then they can kill you.

Cheers,

Andrew.
Attachments
Mods Now.zip
(6.92 MiB) Downloaded 55 times

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sat Dec 06, 2014 18:01

I think downloading maps and mods, installing and testing them in minetest takes more time than just looking on a picture after clicking on a link.

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Sat Dec 06, 2014 19:19

Or run as a server and invite folks to visit without interact.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

slopsbucket

by slopsbucket » Mon Dec 08, 2014 09:59

ExeterDad wrote:Or run as a server and invite folks to visit without interact.

If only I could, I live in a remote area with what's possibly the worlds worst service provider. Sometimes I get up to 1200 kbps and sometimes I only get a small burst every 3 or 4 minutes. I reckon if they actually sent someone out to have a look at the mobile tower they'd open its cabling junction box and find it full of termites.

Cheers,

Andrew.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Dec 14, 2014 14:20

probably because it's personal map(a bit like scret diary)
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Return to Minetest General