Compiling and running on OpenBSD

adamk

Compiling and running on OpenBSD

by adamk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 21:11

After reading that minetest should compile relatively easily on OpenBSD, but that there were no instructions for it, I decided to give it a shot. My first attempt was with the latest unstable tarball last week. The first thing I noticed was that the build environment assumed a lot of libraries were under /usr/lib64 (with the headers under /usr/include) and that's just not the case with most of those libraries on OpenBSD. Anything not from the base system is under /usr/local/lib. After messing around with various files in the build system, changing the paths for those libraries and headers, I finally put that aside and decided to pull the code directly from git.

This worked better as the location for the libraries and headers were properly detected. The only real issue was that I had to modify src/CMakeFiles/manifest.dir/relink.txt and src/CMakeFiles/minetest.dir/link.txt so that it linked against libiconv. I also had to create these various links in /usr/X11R6/lib/ :

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       17 Mar  8 05:33 libXxf86vm.so -> libXxf86vm.so.5.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       15 Mar  8 05:30 libXext.so -> libXext.so.12.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       14 Mar  8 05:29 libX11.so -> libX11.so.15.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       13 Mar  8 05:29 libICE.so -> libICE.so.9.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       12 Mar  8 05:28 libSM.so -> libSM.so.8.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       13 Mar  8 05:17 libGLU.so -> libGLU.so.7.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       13 Mar  8 05:17 libGL.so -> libGL.so.10.0

Once I did that, it compiled and linked fine, and it runs rather well on an HD4850 (OpenBSD 5.0, amd64).

Adam

Return to Minetest General