Use key unavailable on mobile devies?

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Use key unavailable on mobile devies?

by Wuzzy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 07:18

Hi!

I have recently heard a lot of complaints from players on GunshipPenguin's Hungry Games server (Hostname: minetest.gunshippenguin.com, Port: 30001) who were apparently unable to sprint because the use key ([E] key on default on PC version) is not available to them. This server has the Sprint mod installed and is configured to let you sprint while you hold down the use key, so this is crucial.
An alternative would be to configure this mod to use double-tapping the forwards key instead, but many players hate this. And it does not fix the real problem that the use key is unavailable.

Can anyone playing on a mobile device (such as tablet) here confirm this problem? Also, which version or build of Minetest did you use, where did you get that from?

I am not playing on a tablet or similar by myself, so I can't talk about myself here.

Wayward_One

GitHub: Wayward1
IRC: Wayward_One Wayward1
In-game: Wayward_One

Re: Use key unavailable on mobile devies?

by Wayward_One » Sun Jun 07, 2015 13:25

There is no use key in the Android version. The act of holding down the use key is instead simulated when fast_mode is activated.

I'm using my build which is frequently updated through Git, and is available in the "Builds" section of the forum.
"When life becomes a play and I don't know the role I'm cast..."

Latest Minetest builds for Android

Return to Minetest General