[Fame] Server Celebreties

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

[Fame] Server Celebreties

by firefox » Wed Jan 06, 2016 19:26

This is the the topic to talk about the Server Celebreties.
People who are famous on Servers.
Talk about their Buildings, their style and reveal all their secrets :P (just like in real life).

BUT, in order to keep this thread nice and clean, there is 1 RULE:
You are not allowed to talk about yourself, only others.
This is also to proof that you are famous. Everyone can show how big, cool or awesome he is, but only if other players say that about you, you are really famous.

EDIT:
Rule expansion: You may comment what other players say about you and/or make corrections if necessary.
Happy Cat-Fight :P

i will start:
i only play on the Xanadu Server, but there are lot's of players to talk about.
so many that i can't cover it all at once, so bear with me if you are not in this post,
maybe you will be in the next one :)

iska - the Noob President
he started as my friendly neighbour and amazed everyone with his expert building skills.
he is like the 2nd crafterlouie :D
after TenPlus1 opened a new portal to a survival jungle island, the place were beginners are sent,
many people had pity for the clueless noobs and sponsored little defense huts
and helpful signs to prepare the noobs for the dangerous life in the jungle.
iska started to build roads all around the area and while he was at it,
he also build tree farms and a mine and shops that sell useful tools for wood.
soon the noobs started to call and/or ask iska for everything and they treated him like an admin.
before he knew it he was selected as the Noob President :)
no other moderator is as favoured as iska is.

IceAgeComing - the Ice Queen
she is probably the most hated and also the most loved person on the server.
both because she is a strict moderator who always makes sure that the rules are followed.
together with bonny she builds wonderful pre-industrial townhouses.
her only weakness are roofs, but she covers that up by letting Phiwari123 build all the roofs for her :P

bonny - the Cute Cupcake Devil
also a moderator and the same as IceAgeComing,
but for unknown reasons she recieves much less hate from rulebreakers.
bonny loves cupcakes and is always happy as long as her supply doesn't run out.
there are no survivors around who can tell what happens when the cupcakes are empty.
with her GPS (it's hidden behind her horns) she can find anyone, there is no escape.

(to be continued ...)

Kpenguin

IRC: Kpenguin
In-game: Kpenguin

Re: [Fame] Server Celebreties

by Kpenguin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 20:43

I play on:
LinuxGaming2.com
-and-
RubenWardy's Capture the Flag Server

LinuxGaming2:

LazyJ
The owner and admin of the server. He's an excellent builder and runs an excellent server. He is always helpful when you need it, knows how to handle people, is encouraging and offers advice when needed. He's recently posted screenshots of his work on the LinuxGaming server topic if you want to check it out.

Noob101
Also an excellent builder. He's been good help and has a good sense of humor. Contrary to popular belief, he's not a true noob and has completely outgrown his username. :)
Edit: He also gave me a diamond sword, diamond pickaxe, crystal chestplate and boots when I recently joined Xandau.

WorldBlender
I remember WorldBlender clearly because when I had just started playing Minetest, I got stuck down a 2 block deep hole in a protected area of the server. He tp'ed to me and taught me how to use the sneak glitch. He's a great builder and specializes in roads.

RubenWardy's CTF Server:

Rubenwardy (of course)
He really had a good idea when he started this server and strives to keep it a fun place to play.

UltimateNoob
An excellent player that specializes in strategic warfare. Like Noob101, he doesn't live up to his username. :)
Last edited by Kpenguin on Tue Jan 19, 2016 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
supertuxkart.net

"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Players will always find the hidden flaw in your master plan; If there's no hidden flaw, it's against the rules; If it isn't against the rules, one player will convince the others it is. - Murphy's 2nd Law of Gaming

All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

firefox

by firefox » Thu Jan 07, 2016 08:14

Phiwari123 - the Crazy Scientist
Phiwari has bushy eyebrows and a huge moustache.
together with his creepy, but cute henchman Igor, he researches alternate dimensions to copy their buildings into our world. he is very skilled at interdimensional travelling and never failed to create perfect copies of the things he has seen over there. in his free time he builds roofs for IceAgeComing :P
Igor mostly stays in the laboratory to guard the dimensional gate.
he is now happyly married with IceAgeComing, so he is no longer all alone in the lab.

speaking of marriage: bonny has 3 husbands, but they don't know about each other and the 3rd one is actually a gingerbread man :O

TenPlus1 - the Goblin King
he is the server admin.
besides his scary appearance, he is actually very nice. (and he poops cupcakes and golden apples)
he can use Universal Transmutation Magic to change the world how he sees fit.

Ruins to Nothing,
Day to Night,
Stone to Magma,
Dirt to Mese,
Lies to Truth,
That is the Goblin King.

He is also the author of the bestseller book "TenPlus1's Dirty Building Tricks"
which explains everything about building with dirt.

Aule - the Mole
Aule moved underground a soon as possible and rarely comes to the surface world.
he efficiently builds endless tunnel systems.
he was the first one to tame a Dungeon Lord (most dangerous monster on the server)
and uses them to assist in his tunnel buisness.
(actually he lets them do all the dirty work, which caused the server community to host a trial and blame him to be a slave driver, but it turned out that he is very friendly to his DLs, pays them good and even grants them vacation time :D )

firefox

by firefox » Sun Jan 10, 2016 17:20

Kilarin - the High Builder
Kilarin is famous for his Tower of God (actually it's "Kilarin's Tree House" but who cares :P).
above the tower is Sky City, the only building on the server that has more than 50% glass.
he looks like Bob the Builder and also build like one.
currently he is in fierce competition with Big3Force for the tallest building of the server.

Big3Force - the BIGman
he is the lord mayor of the BIGgest city of the server: Capital City.
he makes the BIGgest greetings (like BOOONNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! and NEEEEEERRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!)
he builds the BIGgest modern structures of the server.
he uses the BIGgest amounts of materials.
and he rivals Kilarin for the BIG... er... TALLest building of the server.

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Wed Jan 13, 2016 21:14

On MinetestForFun's Server:

Cyberpangolin: YouTuber and excellent builder. He started to build the Tour Eiffel in real size. In July, the worldmap file has been accidentally removed, so we have started a new world. He has built a splendid Roman villa.

b91b: He spends a lot, a lot of time playing on the server, he is building a beautiful medieval village and a castle. He is very reserved, but little by little he is noticed by the players.

Darcidride: Admin of the server, and was also known for his Admins Castle that, sadly, was lost on July.
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

TG-MyinaWD

GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Mon Jan 18, 2016 07:12

WhoAreYou: Subway Goddest
He is the best subway, maker Minetest ever had. He made subways for many servers. He make each one with it own decor. If want a good subway, make it yourself. If you want a Awesome subway get, hold of whoareyou and he will blow you away with his design.

I like to say, VanessaE; deezl; CWz; Someguy makes great builds to.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

firefox

by firefox » Thu Jan 28, 2016 07:28

neri2 - the Geomancer
neri has has the ability to perfectly blend her buildings with the nature.
she has build an entire village in a beautiful forest without removing a single dirt block from the ground.
and her houses have the same appearance as the plants and the hills in the surroundings, so that some of her houses are hard to see, because they look just like the forest :)

Xanthin - the Fairy
not much is known about xanthin ...
only that she is attracted by beautiful buildings.
if such a building is made, she suddenly pops up in the twilight, like a fairy, to praise the builder and explore the building. then she disappears the same mysterious way as she appeared.
no one has ever seen her house, no one knows where or what she builds, but there is a rumor that somewhere she has build the largest and most beautiful garden which contains every flower and every tree that has ever grown on the server.

JoshMars

In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Thu Jan 28, 2016 20:15

MaxCohen Great builder.
Batman Great builder.

firefox

by firefox » Thu Jan 28, 2016 20:43

JoshMars wrote:MaxCohen Great builder.
Batman Great builder.

that was very informative =(^.^)=

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 22:06

maikerumine - Builds cobble roads on different servers.
He is the admin of Extreme Survival.
He is a YouTuber.
He is my best friend because it was his just test videos that got me on public servers.

Shammmmmm - Great builder on just test. I live right next to maikerumine, who lives right next to Shammmmmm's village.
Gave me a nyan cat.
Sadly, his village was griefed.

asia14 - Built the biggest and best house I have ever seen.
She plays on the just test server.

disableclouds - Built most of the area near spawn on just test.
I've never seen him, though. :P

Master_CJ - Built a battle arena and huge water slide on just test.
Gave me a nyan cat rainbow.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

firefox

by firefox » Tue Feb 02, 2016 19:13

Kpenguin wrote:Noob101
Also an excellent builder. He's been good help and has a good sense of humor. Contrary to popular belief, he's not a true noob and has completely outgrown his username. :)

first person to get a double posting, congrats =(^.^)=

noob101 - "Noobert"
got the same things to say as the previous post.
to differentiate him from the real noobs, we call him Noobert, not noob.
his name attracts other noobs, so he s usually busy when new noobs...errr... new players join the server.
there is a rumor that because of this phenomenon he has received an employment as a special agent for security...

crafterlouie - the Panda Bear
crafterlouie had the awesome ability to build just anything in any place just from imagination.
he never made plans or blueprints, he just dropped some blocks here and there and constructed incredible things at mind speed. (yes, mind speed. it's almost as fast as sound speed. when you think and get an idea how to build something, louie had already build it. just like that.)
for unknown reasons, he mysteriously disappeared after transforming the complete wasteland at the Stone Stargate into a prospering town.
some people practiced occult rituals to bring him back, others tried to clone him with alchemy, but so far everything failed. our only hope is that iska will inherit his genius and continue where he left.

~memento mori~

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 20:55

firefox wrote:currently he is in fierce competition with Big3Force for the tallest building of the server.

I'm 1000 nodes high, and still loosing... :)

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Sun Feb 07, 2016 08:15

on very old globis server:
Jotrx and Petrx:
they built a skystation, where everyone could have his or her own module. so it was a skystation, which was built by many people (and noone griefed). so they made it to a community project.
there is a video about it, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbzGpRVbaU
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Feb 07, 2016 15:01

Where to start...

In no particular order, and most certainly not complete, here is my list:

From the Just Test Server and Extreme Survival Server:

rnd: known for his extreme location builds such as his north escape home up at 11000 north in the all stone world, the DEEPEST HAND DUG MINE IN THE WORLD -12000 METERS, and the complicated packed together structures around spawn. Master CJ and I went on a 4 day journey up there to find the home to the north, it still exists even after all the mapgen changes. Rnd is also known for his simple machines mod which in it's simplicity, can do just about everything technic and pipeworks can do like automated farming, node manipulation, and teleportation of enemy players. Rnd is also one of the first people to play on a new server and grab a strong foothold of land and make a sustainable base to live in, it seems nothing can stop his will, when he wants to accomplish something he surely can, and will.

Tring: Also front the Just Test server, is known for creating the sky platform which encompasses a square ring around the spawn area. Many known builders have built up there and today it is one of the less griefed areas, mostly due to inaccessibility, or the appearance of. Tring was one of the more generous players, akin to a surrogate father to a lot of the kids playing or learning how to play. he would kindly help new players out with a spot to build their home or teach them the ropes in mining in the crazy world of Just Test.

Disableclouds: One of the "landscape" builders as I call them. he would build beautiful islands and realistic buildings all around the spawn area, including one of the more heavily traveled roadways, the DC Road, which still stands to date. Disableclouds was a clever person and a great friend on the server, his contributions in cleaning up spawn and fixing roads and other areas to make the server a better place to play and enjoy the sights. Some of his more popular builds were the aqueduct roadway to the north, including all the teleports, in which one can safely now travel to the aforementioned RND house to the north, be sure to bring a stack of mossy cobblestone to make the journey via teleporters.

BlueFireUn: Also from the Just Test server, one of the legendary old timers of the map, he has been playing as long as the server was started, known for his great pyramid to the east and his huge base and sky city which connects to the Tring platform. Blue, or BFU as I call him is one of the more popular players on the server and could be one of the most loyal players to the server, probably logging more hours there than anywhere else, he knows everybody as he is a social butterfly, even through his chatty demeanor, he still manages to build great structures that require large amounts of material to construct. Currently, on a secret server he is building an amasing build, to be one of the most unique builds on the secret server. ;-)

Asia14: What to say about little chatterbox... lol She is another one of the old timers from Just Test, having logged many hours co-building with 843jdc on massive mining digs, massive life-like houses and other structures, mostly located to the north, you can still see her village still standing today, even after all the grief wars and occupations. Asia is a chat box, notorious for being very friendly to others and wanting to get to know people on the server, in fact, I became friends with everyone mostly through her as I made a peep in chat and she started interrogating me with chat, thus others became engaged as well. My stealth silent building sessions were over since that day LOL.

843jdc: 843 is another favourite, his cobble roads, castles, and mansions are breath taking, the 843jdc / Asia14 house is a great example, one of the early builds on the server as well as the 843jdc road, these inspired me to build really big. 843jdc is another important player in this world, currently rebuilding spawn and gold_diggers creations with the help of Asia14, 843 has done quite a bit in keeping the peace and order on the server. The server without an admin. lol. Occasionally you can hear 843 talk about feeding his cats, therefore he is a cat lover, therefore, he should get the nyan cat award! In all seriousness, you must see some of his builds on the just Test server, he incorporates raw building materials into the all stone world and makes it work, it looks other worldly to see his structures looming on the barren landscape, merely utilizing stone, cobble, and stonebrick.

Twoelk: Twoelk has the most intrinsic and well build castles on the server, another great builder, he doesn't just build good, he picks the most beautiful landscapes to build them. WAY OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! I have taken many a journey to see these amasing sights, and have dually archived them into my server for more to see as well. His castles and structures are beautiful, well built and look as if they were from real life. Twoelks skill with the screwdriver is un paralleled on this server, he makes the most of what he has to create very realistic castles and homes. Another must see, if you can make the journey! Twoelk is a very friendly and quiet fella, seems to enjoy building some incredible builds on the server, or any server for that matter.

More to come!

wilkgr76

GitHub: wilkgr76
IRC: wilkgr
In-game: wilkgr

by wilkgr76 » Wed May 11, 2016 06:35

I'm not a big fan of these types of topics. Anyways, here are some which haven't been listed:

• kilo I met on the LinuxGaming2 server.
  • Kpenguin, but I don't see him that much anymore...
  • JohnnyComeL8ly (who hasn't logged in since March or Febuary, iirc)
  • OldCoder sometimes doesn't respond, but is very nice. Solartest (formerly Moontest) is fun to play, which OldCoder said is 'literally a game changer'
  • luk3yx I haven't known very long either, but seems nice :)
  • botch I saw on LinuxGaming2. S\He really surprised me by saying "I've seen a few of your builds. What are you working on next?" Ok, so that isn't a direct quotation, but it's along the lines.
  • ME!
  • List will still be updated...
I do not care.

Tmanyo

GitHub: Tmanyo
IRC: Tmanyo
In-game: tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Wed May 11, 2016 23:51

deezl (If anyone still remembers him) - He was very kind to me the first time I played Minetest, he taught me some cool things about the game. He had a nice personality and handled situations very nicely as a mod/admin.

VanessaE - She is popular for her line of servers. She is easy to get along with, though I do not talk to her much.

whoareyou - Very skillful builder, especially with subways. His patterns are great and he is a very nice person.
Tmanyo
http://rrhmsservers.weebly.com/
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

Return to Minetest General