¿Converter worlds?

sanandresm

GitHub: sanandresm
IRC: sanandresm
In-game: sanandresm

¿Converter worlds?

by sanandresm » Sat Feb 27, 2016 01:00

Hello, I wonder if someone could inform me about a plugin or program to Blender that allows import and export a part of the world Minetest.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: ¿Converter worlds?

by MineYoshi » Sat Feb 27, 2016 01:45

Is a good idea!
I don't know about one...
There is a MC map converter, anyways i think it is for an animation or 3d modeling!
Well maybe someone can answer your question!
i don't know....
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sanandresm

by sanandresm » Sat Feb 27, 2016 03:17

I am very interested to import from Blender to Minetest

Although I also want to bring a blender worlds Minetest

RHR

GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29

Hi sanandresm!
Unfortunately there is currently no easy way to do that, I wish there would be one, but I don't think that anything is planed for the engine. It's impossible to convert whole worlds between blender and minetest, but you can export small models (like trees or small buildings maybe up to 64^3) by exporting them to schematics with worldedit, converting them to .obj with sfan5's mt2obj and importing them with blender as .obj to your scene.
Worledit is a minetest mod, but mt2obj is a python script, so you have to install python first to run it. The advantage of it is that you can select the model precisely with worldedit and there is also a texture feature in mt2obj, but I never tried it, so I don't know how well it works. The disadvantages are that nodeboxes, torches and plants are convertet to full blocks, small modes take several minutes to load into blender, the mt2obj has currently a problem with the latest schmatic files and all nodes from minetest are single cubes in blender, so you create plenty of doubles. But this way worked best for me. ^.^

There is also another mod blockexport which you can try, but it doesn't worked well for me, because it only exported empty files. I didn't found a way to fix it.

sanandresm

by sanandresm » Sat Feb 27, 2016 16:35

Are there any project in progress or something where to start, several languages (Java, C, C ++, Python, PHP, etc.) program and want to help their development.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 05:22

Some years ago I hacked up a mod which will import a 3d mesh after its been voxelized by binvox (ie one extra tool between blender and minetest), but it would be pretty easy to create a python script to export direct from blender if you really wanted and would give you far more flexibility with unlimited resolution and choice to convert to more appropriate blocks (eg colouration and shape - stairs, etc)

If you want a starter:-
My import lua was
[Mod] Build semi-auto or BMP/3d Mesh import [growwall]
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11565

Voxelization in blender:-
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Exte ... Cells_v1.2
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showth ... t=Voxelize
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showth ... Pixelate3D

Blenderartists has lots of scripts so do a search review first - I haven't attempted to find the best...

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 09:17

sanandresm wrote:I wonder if someone could inform me about a plugin or program to Blender that allows import and export a part of the world Minetest.

* Why Blender? Do you want to do some 3D manipulation of a part of the world? The world is made of a map of independent nodes (voxels) and each, at best, is a different 3D object. If you just want to export a collection of voxels from the world to load into a different world, what you want is a schematic exporter/importer

* If you want simply to take a single building out of Minetest, you can try WorldEdit ; set a Region and save the schematic.

* You can also try duane-r's schematic saver https://github.com/duane-r/schematic_save . You would need another tool to do the import, I am not sure what would work

* If you want to create a PNG map of the world, try Rogier-5's map generator. https://github.com/Rogier-5/minetest-mapper-cpp It works fine for running against a live world on sqlite; if using other databases you may want to stop the MT server first to avoid data corruption

* If you are looking to convert *.x or *.b3d files to manipulate in Blender.... then I'm still looking for something like that too, but as far as I am aware, no reliable tool exists yet.

Return to Minetest General