WE NEED TO STOP THIS!!! [POLL]

What Do You Think:

This needs to be changed, really in any way.
47%
We should do some communication to make our game more famous.
39%
What can we change to this?
6%
No need to change.
8%
Another idea?(please post!)
No votes

Total votes : 36

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: WE NEED TO STOP THIS!!! [POLL]

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu Aug 11, 2016 14:21

Yes. very useful.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 21:57

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Yes. very useful.

Justly try to don't do too many spam...
It's okay if you justly say something likely:
"See this!"

Try to don't do too many spam, then they say we don't have any players, and we are justly crazy for finding some!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Thu Aug 11, 2016 22:05

MineYoshi wrote:

"See this!"

Try to don't do too many spam, then they say we don't have any players, and we are justly crazy for finding some!

Don't do too much spam? Don't do ANY spam. We want to keep our name clear. We're not just trying to find players. We're trying to find people who have been mislead, and/or are actually interested.
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 22:46

endev15 wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:

"See this!"

Don't do too much spam? Don't do ANY spam. We want to keep our name clear. We're not just trying to find players. We're trying to find people who have been mislead, and/or are actually interested.

Justly, Justly, Justly...
Try to do a good way to tell the others about this, without doing spam...
And without trying to say we are a cheap MC clone, because that isn't what we want!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Thu Aug 11, 2016 23:22

MineYoshi wrote:Justly, Justly, Justly...
And without trying to say we are a cheap MC clone, because that isn't what we want!

Yeah, that's the best way to go about it. Honestly, I wouldn't even begin to consider MT a MC clone in the first place. So many people think it is a clone, it isn't, it was simply (partly) inspired by MC. And that's something that's nice. The community isn't continually trying to make it "like MC" (I hope). It's finally something that can be different. That's the view we need to present in situations like this.
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

lisacvuk

GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 05:14

endev15 wrote:

Yeah, that's the best way to go about it. Honestly, I wouldn't even begin to consider MT a MC clone in the first place. So many people think it is a clone, it isn't, it was simply (partly) inspired by MC. And that's something that's nice. The community isn't continually trying to make it "like MC" (I hope). It's finally something that can be different. That's the view we need to present in situations like this.

Why not add a big, red text to the minetest.net page, saying "Minetest is NOT a Minecraft clone!"
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
I'm a Minetest player, 'learning' C++ and OpenGL, listening to Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Amon Amarth. Administrator on Craig's server. Likes cookies.
I live in Serbia.

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Fri Aug 12, 2016 06:38

lisacvuk wrote:
endev15 wrote:

Why not add a big, red text to the minetest.net page, saying "Minetest is NOT a Minecraft clone!"

well, i found minetest because i was searching for a clone...
but i never played minecrap before, so i didn't have any expectations and from there it only got better :)

the first time i saw minecrap, it looked like a fusion of Zelda and building blocks.
after it became popular i wanted it too, but then it was already eaten up by microsoft and no longer free. (not even a demo version)
then i remembered that almost every good game has a "clone" in the open-source department.
i know that none of those is actually a clone, and most of them say so too, but searching for "clone" always gets the desired result, while searching for "inspired" or "similar" gets nothing.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Aug 12, 2016 09:19

eh you know i never do span and i never say that we are a mc clone :)
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 09:52

Big red text: very tacky/unprofessional

It's also a little tasteless/pathetic to do negative-identification on the main page. Keep it to the forums.

We also don't need to use slanderous names like "Minecrap". If you really can't stand writing it in full, just say MC; but please let's not be childish about it.

Minetest is developed by a team of passionate developers, and the community provides a fantastic array of mods to use in it. We owe it to ourselves to not behave like little vandals on the forums. There's other places for that, away from the Minetest Forum boards.

Focus on what Minetest does best, critique what MineCraft has gotten wrong, but don't stoop to poo-throwing. It is not necessary.

lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 15:11

taikedz wrote:Big red text: very tacky/unprofessional

Taking stuff litteraly gave humanity a lot of trouble through history. :P
I'm a Minetest player, 'learning' C++ and OpenGL, listening to Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Amon Amarth. Administrator on Craig's server. Likes cookies.
I live in Serbia.

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 15:13

Yeah well this is the internet. who knows what was meant in jest or in earnest! :-P

lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 15:14

lol :D
I live in Serbia.

Previous

Return to Minetest General