Where's All The Coal?

John_Ianson

Where's All The Coal?

by John_Ianson » Thu Apr 05, 2012 08:55

First off, I know what coal looks like. That isn't the problem. I also know that you are supposed to mine the coal to collect it. Now that we got that out of the way, I'll tell you what the problem is- Coal is TOO rare for my tastes. I usually have to travel FAR (on my good days) to find some coal and on the public servers, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to find it (and I go DEEP into the caverns). I just want coal, so that I can make some torches for my spelunking needs. After all, it really sucks trying to make an underground fortress in pitch blackness.
I've never met my biological parents, lost many friends, been beaten to an inch of my life, received death threats, and been expelled from High School, among other things. And if I can get through ALL that, I'm PRETTY SURE that you have ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for half-assed coding.

sdzen

by sdzen » Thu Apr 05, 2012 22:03

burn trees :P thats what i do and use mese as fuel which irks most people when they ask me for fuel
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Thu Apr 05, 2012 23:29

Obviously most people on public servers take the coal, just use leaves as fuel or use any wood or saplings ect. and you can make coal in the furnace by burning un-refinied wood (the wood from the trees which is named Tree in inventory.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Apr 06, 2012 13:59

Coal is found underground regardless of the depth. You may smelt tree blocks to obtain coal, but not in the latest development version.

Return to Minetest General