Opportunity for Minetest developers!

bar

GitHub: BAR

Opportunity for Minetest developers!

by bar » Tue Oct 25, 2016 15:39

Hi everyone !

I am the founder of kidscode www.kidscode.com and we are looking at the possibility of using Minetest as part of our startup.
We are familiar with Minetest but require a better understanding of the finer details. This is when you come in! If you are one of Minetest's lead developers and can spare some time to speak to us in more detail then please contact dplasse@kidscode.com stating what your role is in Minetest.
Drop us an email and let us know!
We look forward to hearing from you.

Didier Plasse and the kidscode team

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Opportunity for Minetest developers!

by Krock » Tue Oct 25, 2016 17:07

Hello and welcome to the Minetest forums :)

What are these "finer details"? Questions about modding with Lua can also be answered by some modders.
I think it might be easier to talk about these "details" on IRC. With an installed client you will also be able to chat in the development channel. That one is the correct place if you would like to know how the protocol looks like or how the project structure is made. It may take a while to get an answer but I bet it's still faster than with sending Emails ;)
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

paramat

GitHub: paramat

Re: Opportunity for Minetest developers!

by paramat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 22:24

I think Minetest would be more suitable for you than Minecraft, as it's much, much easier to mod by children, Lua allows them to learn programming using a simpler friendlier language. Faster and easier to modify by your developers too.
Recently i removed the f*** word and other possibly problematic words from Minetest Game code so it should now be usable around children and in school. Some expletives remain in core C++ code though but children are unlikely to see that.

Asking your questions here may get you more feedback than emailing one or two devs.
IRC #minetest-dev is a good idea too.

Return to Minetest General