Looking For a Hand with Swords

christoferlevich

Looking For a Hand with Swords

by christoferlevich » Thu Dec 01, 2016 23:53

I am wanting to either remove the swords, bows and arrows, and any other 'weapon' short of shoverls, picks, wood axes, etc - or edit them to become 'harmless' items. I am trying to launch the Minetest game into an elementary school for educational purposes and a weaponless minetest is very appealing to parents and teachers. I know that any tool can be a 'weapon', but thats a whole other lesson to be learned. lol.

I have been toying with minetest for a year or so and just don't know which file would have anything I can tinker with to remove specific items (but I am game to try) or if there might be hidden settings to turn them off? I'm a dreamer.

I am extremely excited about this project as I am hoping the children will begin to learn to script and eventually become creative coders.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

Chris

christoferlevich

Re: Looking For a Hand with Swords

by christoferlevich » Fri Dec 02, 2016 01:42

ahhh - tools.lua

est31

by est31 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 05:13

I think you want to set enable_pvp to false in minetest.conf. Then swords become harmless.

christoferlevich

by christoferlevich » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:39

Thanks for the response. That works to the extent of injury but I literally have to remove or convert the weapons to something harmless. I am just learning, so I am messing with Minetest in ways that aren't proper (like changing textures without registering them as new items... simply allowing things to be over written (all my wool looks like bathroom tile now) - but next project will be better. I have changed the swords to 'healing items (as I still want damage from falling, being hit by other objects, etc...) such as a huge bandaid, a tube of wound medicine, a Tricorder from Star Trek, etc. In the end, the kids are excited about new items they haven't seen before. Eventually, I will teach them to mod with their own custom textures.

Return to Minetest General