Minetest-based Adwares

Ruggero

In-game: Fritz

Minetest-based Adwares

by Ruggero » Thu Jan 05, 2017 20:33

What do you think of these?
Last edited by Ruggero on Mon Mar 27, 2017 14:50, edited 5 times in total.
Cheers, Ruggero.

wilkgr76

GitHub: wilkgr76
IRC: wilkgr
In-game: wilkgr

Re: [Community Opinion] Minetest-based Adwares

by wilkgr76 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 02:22

https://creativecommons.org/faq/#can-i-apply-a-creative-commons-license-to-software wrote:

Can I apply a Creative Commons license to software?

We recommend against using Creative Commons licenses for software. Instead, we strongly encourage you to use one of the very good software licenses which are already available. We recommend considering licenses made available by the Free Software Foundation or listed as “open source” by the Open Source Initiative.

Unlike software-specific licenses, CC licenses do not contain specific terms about the distribution of source code, which is often important to ensuring the free reuse and modifiability of software. Many software licenses also address patent rights, which are important to software but may not be applicable to other copyrightable works. Additionally, our licenses are currently not compatible with the major software licenses, so it would be difficult to integrate CC-licensed work with other free software. Existing software licenses were designed specifically for use with software and offer a similar set of rights to the Creative Commons licenses.
I do not care.

red-001

GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: [Community Opinion] Minetest-based Adwares

by red-001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10

I doubt that it would be possible. Minetest has 270 contributes, you would need all of them to agree or remove any code that they wrote.

Return to Minetest General